50 Shades of Grey

^^ This. And a filter for all the only way is essex references too while they're at it.

When it first burst onto the scene (excuse the pun) i actually borrowed a work's colleagues and read the first dozen or so pages (before the juicy stuff in case your wondering) and it is appallingly written. Really, really bad.

Fair play to the author. She has created this mass hysteria with a poor piece of literature if you ask me. The sexual content is obviously what has turned it into a best seller.

But these kind of books have been around for decades, gawd knows why this one suddenly has the momentum of a runaway freight train?!

It has been a best seller in the USA for over a year. I asked had anyone read it in the spotlight book club thread. No one said a peep. Makes you wonder if they were enjoying the book too much to type?;)

It has been a best seller in the USA for over a year. I asked had anyone read it in the spotlight book club thread. No one said a peep. Makes you wonder if they were enjoying the book too much to type?;)

5 weeks ago I would hazard a guess that less than 0.1% of the UK population had ever heard of it.

Since then, it's all you bloody hear/see!

i'd be careful if i were you, i have it on my ipod...... (saves people reading over my shoulder on the tube)

might explain the dozy bunts running slow in the British 10k, prob had that on their ipods and too busy fantasizing over **** than getting out of my way.

Last extracts from the final book of the trilogy, My Tan was 11 Shades of Orange.

"As I stood in line at the Job Centre thinking of reasons I couldn't work, a sweet smell drifted past my pig like nostrils. It was a mixture of weed, B.O. and Lynx Africa. I turned around and there was Dwayne. Our eyes met and he was soon lifting me onto the wheelie bins behind the Iceland. He had tied up his Staffy to block the alley way so we wouldn't be disturbed. There was a tramp watching but it just added to the mystery. I knew it was love and my life would never be the same."

Absolute genius. :lol:

I have no interest in reading this book at all, however i do feel it could be taken as a positive thing for mens sake ;) :lol:

50 shades of Chav.

Another extract from my 2nd book 13 flavours of WKD.
"It was Dwayne's birthday. I was preparing his special tea of Findus Crispy Pancakes and Pot Noodle. I would let him take me any way he wanted tonight. His favourite position was what he called The Dogs of War. Where he took me from behind and played Call of Duty at the same time."

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: PMSL Quality The Dogs of War Position!

When it first burst onto the scene (excuse the pun) i actually borrowed a work's colleagues and read the first dozen or so pages (before the juicy stuff in case your wondering) and it is appallingly written. Really, really bad.

Fair play to the author. She has created this mass hysteria with a poor piece of literature if you ask me. The sexual content is obviously what has turned it into a best seller.

But these kind of books have been around for decades, gawd knows why this one suddenly has the momentum of a runaway freight train?!

Totally agree. It is so badly written I had to give up, the sex scenes aren't worth it, much better stuff out there without the cringe factor ! Glad she's doing well with it, but really really don't get it...

Totally agree. It is so badly written I had to give up, the sex scenes aren't worth it, much better stuff out there without the cringe factor ! Glad she's doing well with it, but really really don't get it...

Never picked it up but in the USA it has been going strong for over a year. It is like the Hunger games or twilight I just don't get it.

FFS arggghhhh....

Now my wife and all her cronies who read the book on a recent girls trip are filling my timeline with more mr grey shyte.

I'm not sure about wifey calling me her Christian either:rolleyes:

Back