4 nights...whoops...5 nights in Eivissa

Get on with it ;) however I am currently feeling very emotional as tomorrow is my last day :( *cry*

I honestly cannnot believe you are still out there, but I am glad to hear you are alive and kicking :D. I can only imagine how emotional you must be feeling, my leaving after 5 days was bad enough! Have an amazing last night and don't miss your plane!!xxx

I honestly cannnot believe you are still out there, but I am glad to hear you are alive and kicking :D. I can only imagine how emotional you must be feeling, my leaving after 5 days was bad enough! Have an amazing last night and don't miss your plane!!xxx

Only just, it's been a slog, and Mondays events didn't help so I had to miss privilege. Will explain more when I get back and put my anger in to words without wanting to blub everywhere. Quiet one tonight as I really don't trust myself to be back in time to make my 6.30am pickup to the airport xxx

Only just, it's been a slog, and Mondays events didn't help so I had to miss privilege. Will explain more when I get back and put my anger in to words without wanting to blub everywhere. Quiet one tonight as I really don't trust myself to be back in time to make my 6.30am pickup to the airport xxx

Ah no, you missed ASOT? Ok, well drop me a PM or something, it does not sound like good times were had. Hope rest of your trip has been alright despite the Monday!:confused:xx

Ah no, you missed ASOT? Ok, well drop me a PM or something, it does not sound like good times were had. Hope rest of your trip has been alright despite the Monday!:confused:xx

I was glad I had the awesome times with you guys to begin with though - if it wasn´t for that I would have been packed up and on a plane home!! xx

Weds 3rdJuly - 1st Last Night "Go Hard and then go home... maybe"

Thanks to the Spotlight forum I had been partying hard for 3 nights with the mantra"Go hard or go home" constantly at the forefront of my mind. It was a case of first time in Ibiza, some serious boxes to tick and not enough time to do it all. But, I was damn well making sure I packed as much in as possible. I wasn't to know that a little time later I would be changing the mantra to say and mean something else!

Officially this was my last night, and having started with a massive one on the Sunday which my other two nights were struggling to keep up with, I knew this one was going to be special for sure. Not only was I planning to hit the opening party for Paradise at DC1O, but tonight was the biggest Spotlight forum meet up of my trip. I was well rested, fed and prepped for the evening ahead.

Ste1892 and I planned to meet up with Uzzy who had been partying on the Isle for a couple of days already. Likewise, FHMsparkle and 2 other forum members(sorry I can't remember forum names and don't want to put up your real names!) were joining us. The plan, get on the drinks and party it up all the way to the doors of DC10. We all met at a bar next to the Hotel Garbi on the left, where 2 for 1 cocktails were on offer. Nothing for it but to start smashing down redbulls in multiples of two. Although not my
favourite, vodbulls were my poison of choice for pre-drinking sessions. I found nothing like it to set myself up for a mad night out. We all instantly connected over Ibiza war stories for present and past trips, and quality chat was had about all sorts. Mostly we were all buzzing in anticipation for the night ahead.

Moving on we headed across the road to the small strip of bars leading up to Sankeys. I highly recommend checking this strip out, friendly bars, chilled out vibe and reasonably priced drinks to be had. We settled at a place which was to become a
favourite haunt of ours called 'Global'. This place is right opposite Sankeys. Great djs and very friendly staff who will make sure you are sorted out for the evening ahead in all manner of ways. It also seemed to constantly be the busiest of the bars. Go drinking here! We were all on our way by now, particularly me who was on my 7th redbull, completely tooled up on an unnecessary amount of caffeine. I was bouncing around loving the music!

It has to be said a certain amount of peer pressure was being placed on Ste at this point. He started being convinced that as it was his last night he would go easy having hit it hard the other nights. However, between the rest of us, it didn't take long to drill in the go hard or go home mantra and soon he had a ticket in hand for the night ahead. Boom! Good lad!!

By about 1.30am we were buzzing and ready to go. No more hanging around it wastime to get truly involved. Feeling very alert after now having had at least 12 vodbulls there was no containing me. Taxis flagged, doors shut, taxi beats blaring, we were on our way to the legendary DC10!

From PDB it took us no time at all to be out in the open and driving up the path to DC10. Loads of taxis were pulling up, people stumbling out. Thankfully there was no queue and we were quickly in. I loved how you enter straight into the decked garden, which was more spacious than I imagined and clearly an amazing chill out spot. Everyone was sprawled all over the place chatting the good chat. Straight to the outside bar, which is long and actually had a lot of staff working it. 1 beer and vodka redbull please. Ok, massive respect to DC10, this is by far the cheapest bar I had been to in an Ibiza club. Water was only 5 EURs, wicked!!!

Time for an explore. Walking into what was the Terrace, I was firstly disappointed to discover that tonight was not the night for djs to be playing there. However, in complete contrast, the production more than made up for it. First off, the main room was feeding the sound over the crisp sound system into the terrace. Secondly the air conditioning was on full blast, which was simply perfect. The floor space was dominated by shiny, elegant and beautiful sculptures, one a pyramid and two others which looked like mini castles. The pyramid was hollow on this inside and groups of people took it in turns to chill out inside across the course of the night. Hanging from the ceiling was the Paradise banner lit up in a pale blue colouring. The Paradise logo is a feat of design, taking some props from the glory days of miami vice (imo).

Time to hit up the main room. Oh shhhhhiiiiiittttttttt, this place was popping,and absolutely rammed. People were already going nuts to Tom Demac who I think was on warm up duties. Grateful if someone could correct me as I literallycouldn't get further than about 5 metres in. It was hot and sweaty, and was clearly turning in to an awesome dutty raver's paradise!

We turned our attention to the terrace and set up camp. This was the base forthe rest of the night. There was room to dance, it was easy to get to the bar,and the music was loud and proud. It must be said though that it was a bit weird not being able to see the dj. I couldn't help thinking that both rooms could have had djs playing in them, particularly considering the diverse lineup on offer.

And diverse it was. A huge pull, and the securing of the my attendance at the night was the opportunity to see Keiran Hebden dj as Four Tet. I could tell instantly when he came on, as there was a the change in pace, and a switch inthe musical direction. He was dropping everything from disco classics to sambatinged beats. My feet were uncontrollable and I was feeling the love!!!!

Something has to be said about the crowd. By far the most friendly crowd (maybe second only to Space) I experienced on the whole trip. The was no attitude, no peacocking, no pretentiousness, and no problems. It was a pleasure to experience and really is an important ingredient to making a night out for me.People were dropping in and out of conversations, hugs, and high fives allaround. Oh and FHMsparkle, you know how much you made me rush each time you and I... well...best leave that to imaginations...:DPARADISE
:p . Enough said.

We spent a lot of time dancing away then heading outside, heading back inside,stepping foot in the main room then back to the comfort of the terrace space. I thought initially they might have over sold tickets for the event, but actually,despite the main room being packed it was the right number. And, if you were lucky, the toilet queue could be ok at points. Props to the bouncer who wassending queue pushers right to the back, to the very back! :spank:

Jamie Jones was well on his way to smacking his set out, the crowd were completely at his mercy, and there was tune after tune being dropped. Being so heavily involved in Hot Creations and other labels really I knew to expect nothing less. The kids' got skills!! At this point I bumped into lad group 2 who had been to no less than 2 other parties that day, amounting to: Together Boat Party, Zoo Project then DC10. Those guys were true soldiers and dedicated to the cause. It had been amazing to bump into them every night since myarrival on the Sunday!

Time to Leave

Not for the first time this holiday I was left stumped by how fast time had flown. Already 6.30am had been and gone and a gorgeous sunrise was signaling the start of the day. I was gutted, truly gutted, the night had been so awesome, and I really had no desire to leave or go anywhere. I am not joking when I say that as I looked up a the DC10 sign, and the sunrise behind it Icould have properly shed a tear. As ridiculous as that sounds, my four nights had gone exactly as planned and the people I met amazing!

However, there was one thing I had been looking forward to for the whole trip but had seemingly failed to find. An after-party. Uzzy and FHMsparkle were happy to oblige and we said our goodbyes to DC10. The taxi queue was massive and there were little or no taxis to be seen. I was, as you can imagine a little short of time, knowing that checkout was at 11am, and my flight not much later at 15.00. Therefore, we took the easy option, and cutting out the half hour taxi queue, jumped into an illegal cab. Apologies to all taxi drivers with a license and the council, but I have to say it was cheap, cheerful and got us back to PDB so much quicker.

Back at the Gaff

Uzzy kindly hosted us at his hotel, which was pretty damn pimping. Complete with a room with a view and strangely hard but comfy sofa, this was just what I needed. Drink, supplies and excellent company. The view was out over PDB beach and every now and again a plane would fly over and remind me of what I neededto be doing very shortly. I felt like a lost child but at the same time knew that nothing could perfect the way I was feeling. I was not ready to go home.

Close to about 9am I knew I had to get back to mine, and sort my **** out. I hadn't packed as planned the night before and knew it had to be done.Thankfully, as I was need of some serious moral support, FHMsparkle came back to mine to continue the afterparty. However, it was more a case of grabbing some much needed sleep, not at all aided by the left over supplies. I lay in my bed wishing time would step back, stop or at least f**k off elsewhere. This maybe a common story but probably, like a lot of others, I literally packed up my bag and vacated the room with 5 minutes to spare. No thanks to a member of staff who liked to intermittently enter my room after one knock and remind me that I had to be out there!!! FHMsparkle, clearly knew I was in a panic so vacated pretty damn quickly and left me to sweat it out.

I made it...just. 2 mins past 11 I was down at the reception, attempting to look like I had not raved it up for 4 days straight with minimal sleep and no artificial aids. I don't think my disheveled look assisted in correcting any opinions that the staff were forming at this stage.

With a couple of hours to spare I took myself and my bag to the pool. Oh dear Iwas in an absolute state. My eyes were jumping out of their sockets. Thank god for my sunglasses. I saw Ste, who was looking in a much better form than I. I quickly headed over to where he was sat and promptly started to take much of what I was wearing off. I had no other choice but to go and find the toilet to get changed into my swim wear as I needed to jump in the pool to cool off. I was suffering from major paranoia at this stage. The pool would be my only sanctuary. Oh my god it was amazing. I was in there for a good 15 minutes.

To the airport please

Giving thanks for a large bottle of water and some orange, plus a couple of hours to shape up, i was feeling much more human. I was just about present and correct enough to head to the airport. Gosh, I was even there with time to spare. Maybe too much time. I walked through security no issue. I managed to coherently order a burger king, no issue. I even got very creative and set up a very comfy pillow with my bag and hoody. I even shaped it so that my head sunk really nicely into the middle of it. With my dj mag in hand I could even start to read a little. Hmmmm 45 mins till flight. Oh what's that, a row of seats has become free? Definitely time to stretch out the legs, hmmm, that feels amazing, oh wait, my eyes are feeling heavy, "please be warned we do not call gate openings over the tan"......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

My eyes, sticky and blurry, attempt to jolt open. I sit up, where am I. Airport,ok. Ah, my flight should be soon then. Where's the board? What's the time? Oh sh*t!!!!!!

5 minutes late, my flight had left. I made a desperate attempt to ask whether the plane was still there. No such luck mate. It was gone, and was well on its way to its destination.

It was a case of ‘go hard and not going home', at least until the next day that is.

More details to follow
:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaahhh reading that has just brought a smile to my face, I'm on a delayed train from Reading with no sleep in the last 10 days.

Thanks silo :) xx

Last edited by a moderator:
This is quality. Pretty often I read reviews here and realise I'm actually damn sensible. :lol:

To be fair, I am torn about whether I should have been just a little more sensible and made my flight, or/as against the fact that I got one more night in Ibiza. I think my conclusion is that, had I been more sensible I would have made my flight, when as mentioned above, all I wanted to do was stay on and continue the party!! So better that I wasn't if you see what I mean:lol:. I hope that, next time, I would plan it better giving myself enough time to get all my partying out of my system before the flight back home.

Class review so far mate. I'm wishing I had of met up with you earlier, but I'm enjoying the read immensely. You've got the gift of the gab and a top bloke as well and this is definitely the best story I've read in a long time, spotlight or otherwise. Feels like I'm back there with you!
Spotlighter's take heed, Ibiza is where anything and everything can happen...and it will.

Sorry this has taken a while.... next and final final instalment coming tomorrow morning!

Thursday 4th July - What to do but to get back on it!

I must admit that it did take some time to figure out what I was going to do after missing my flight. I had to exit departures and make my way down to the front of the airport. I had two possible options, 1) book another flight for that day and incur a massive cost to my bank account, or 2) book it for tomorrow and figure out what I was doing that evening.

I went straight to the Ryanair desk to see what could be done, albeit, I wasn't particularly hopeful as they give no love to no-one. It was as predicted, a thankless task, being told to go online and book another flight. My second possible option was Vueling. At the Vueling front desk, there was an extremely helpful lady, who joked with me about my predicament, but at least managed to give me some sensible options pretty quickly. The £350 option for a fly out that evening immediately cancelled out the option of going home the same day (as it happened there was no Ryanair flight that day, and the one for the next day was a similar cost). Thankfully, there was a flight with Vueling on Friday for £120 including other costs. More expensive than my initial flight, but certainly a damn sight cheaper than anything else I was going to get. No questions asked I booked it!

I guess most people do this already, but my advice is leave some dollar in the account to ensure that if the worst comes to the worst you have emergency money to work with. I was pretty close to this not being the case, and I am not sure what I would have done!!!

To San An or back to the Playa?

I sat outside the aeropuerto, cold drink and cig in hand, wondering where I should go and what I should do. I was a lost child. As it happened I was too short on cash to book a hotel room for that night, but I did have enough to go out that night and party. On the one hand, the sensible option should have been to get a good nights sleep somewhere to ensure making my flight the next day, but on the other, one more night in Ibiza meant I could tick off one last box.

I made a few texts and calls around to lad group 1 and 2 to see what they were saying. Lad group 1 offered a spare bed in their room and a night out at Pacha. Lad group 2 didn't really have enough space and were heading to Enter that night. FHMSparkle was back her hotel in San An with her mates and was heading to Cream that night. Uzzy was heading out to eat some food, get sorted, then head back to his hotel, and was also going to Cream that night.

Options 1 and 4 proffered the best and most comfortable opportunities, as going up to San An to crash with FHMsparkle would have just been a little awkward, and it wasn't fair to be imposing myself on lad group 2 (although I did feel like this with everyone I asked). Uzzy was by far the most up for me heading over to him and chilling out for the rest of the afternoon. Done deal!

Back at Playa

I was back pretty much in the same place I had left 4 hours earlier, thinking I was not to return for at least another couple of months, even a year. First port of call, meeting Uzzy at Dausol. He was munching down a rather tasty pizza, followed by a bottle of wine. I had possibly the most refreshing beer ever. We mulled over whether it was a negative or a postive to have missed my flight with the conclusión as above that I was very happy to be having one more night in Ibiza. We set a plan for the afternoon; pick up supplies, beers and chill the f**k out before the night ahead. Chilling on the balcony the supplies had the weird effect of levelling me out. I think I was becoming more sober!! Anyway, a massive thanks to Uzzy for sorting me out and giving me a roof over my head, not sure what I would have done otherwise!

A Case of Deja Vu

A main reason for my excitement to stay for one more night is that I got to tick off Amnesia, a club I was desperate to go to, but had not been on my original clubbing Schedule. Albeit, it was Cream, and I am not the biggest trance fan. However, I had an open mind and was willing to embrace the tunes. This was helped along by a couple of Spotlighters who let me listen to a couple of tracks to warm myself up over a some drinks. These drinks so happened to be in the bar next to the Hotel Garbi, and consisted of vodka redbull. Uzzy and I were joined by FHMsparkle, who I must admit, I had been looking forward to partying with again. We were joined by a couple of new Spotlighters who had just arrived and were looking so damn fresh against my deshevelled look. I have to say I really enjoyed their excitement though, it took me right back to the start of the week when I was similarly over the moon to be here.

In a way, I felt like a massive Gatecrasher. The crew had been arranging this night at Cream for a while and had all bought VIP tickets etc. Having not bought any shorts, and reluctant to pay the 70 EURs for the night (I hadn't spent over 40 EURs for any night that week) I decided to wing it with the masses down on the dancefloor (this turned out be utter madness!).
Much like the night before, we finished off our pre-drinks at Global, got sorted and were on our way to Amnesia.

In da club... final report to be released tomorrow!

What a read you definitely had a excellent 1st time in ibiza , I don't think you'll better it !( well in ibiza any things possible lol )

Back