4 nights...whoops...5 nights in Eivissa

Silo

Well then well then. Today was meant to be my last day in Ibiza, I was ready to write my first review of an Ibiza Virgins experience. I should have been back at home right now. For reasons that will be fully explained in gritty detail; I fell asleep in the departure lounge, I missed the gate closing, I am now embarking on my unplanned 5th night in Ibiza...Amnesia it is then!

Will I make it home tomorrow (10am flight)? Will i actually like a Trance night? Will my body take more punishment? Will my bank balance fully implode?

More details to follow...

... I should have been back at home right now.
For reasons that will be fully explained in gritty detail;
I fell asleep in the departure lounge, I missed the gate closing,
I am now embarking on my unplanned 5th night in Ibiza ...
:twisted: 8)

Pre-Amble & The Power of Spotlight

Never before has the old adage 'all good things must come to and end' rang so true, and hurt so much. Alas, like the aching feeling of letting someone you love slip away, so I had to bid farewell to Ibiza this morning. As my plane screeched to a halt on the cold Tarmac, and the cold light of day, I knew my heart, soul and mind had been taken. They are left behind eagerly awaiting my return, which surely cannot be long away!

Yes, so it was that I had no choice but to make my second flight back home, whatever my condition may be, and despite my unending desire to say, you know what? Sack in your job, live in Ibiza, why not? As I walked to my gate, I took a knowing look around and thought, sh*t, how many of these other poor souls, so peacefully sleeping, will also be missing their flight? I know now if anything, it's something subconscious, you inner mind telling you really that you should be staying and not leaving. It is too soon!!

Before beginning my review proper, something has to be said about the power of Spotlight. No doubt those who are veterans and long time users of Spotlight will know this, but the way in which I was able to post up a message, and arrange to meet so many people during my short time there is nothing short of incredible. I don't know if I was particularly lucky, but by some twist of amazingness every single person I met was so up for it, so much fun, and are all legends. In order of appearance, a special thanks goes out to all those I met (to all those I didn't get a chance to meet up with massive apologies and I hope we can sometime soon):

chrl - thank you for our warm up party at Bora Bora on first night, sorry for being like an excited child lol!

Ste1892 - wicked you decided to come at last minute, and good company during the days after the nights before (also special mention for always deciding however sh*t you felt, that you would come out after all. Go hard or go home brother!)

Uzzy - mate you are a bloody legend, not only awesome to party with, but you took me under my wing when I was lost and homeless after missing my flight. Thanks also for the impromptu holding of after parties in your hotel room. I have a feeling this will not be the last time we party again! I certainly hope it isn't!

FHMsparkle - special mention and special place in my heart, you made my holiday. You are the perfect raving buddy. I am gutted that you were not there right from the start of my short trip, and I am properly devastated that I could not stay and continue the party with you. You were perfect in every way, and I will do everything I can to make sure, like with Uzzy, that that wasn't the last time we party together!

Soooo, now it's time to get my body clock back to normal and get some sleep. Tomorrow, I will be giving a run down of my 5 nights in Ibiza!

Big lovexx

Sunday 30th June - Been a long time coming!

Suddenly, the pilot called over the tannoy 'cabin crew 10 minutes till landing', this was it, I knew I was close the island I had wanted to visit for so long, and had failed for one reason or other not to make it. I knew that I would be approaching Ibiza from the south, and had deliberately chosen a seat on at the right back of the plane. Perfect choice as we came in to land my window was filled with a view of Formentera, and quickly the south end of Playa d'en Bossa. I wanted to sound track my landing, so with my iPhone on airplane mode, and ignoring requests of the crew to switch it off, I had a sneaky headphone in one ear and listened to the crisp beats of Black Shoes White Socks by Freaks (Darius Syrossian Remix). No one was ruining this moment for me! As we came closer and closer to touching down a tear almost came to my eye, I was properly happy to finally being here! The cheering from the crowd on the plane was exactly the way i was feeling, it had been a long time coming!

I was flying solo this trip, and was travelling really light with only one carry on slung over my shoulder. I managed to race quickly through the baggage area and straight out into arrivals, quick look around then outside for a cig. Having planned my time away meticulously I knew it was quick, easy and relatively cheap to get a taxi to my hotel in PDB. 12 Euros later, and plenty of wide eyed soaking up of the club billboards and Carl Cox face graffiti, I was at the Hairy Nostril, sorry, the Mare Nostrum (actually I was hoping to hear people referring to it as that but no one did!). First thoughts were that this was the perfect location, it seemed to have a lot of young clientele, and there was a large pool and bar area! Check in and straight up to my room, not perfect, but hey was I really going to be spending a lot of time here?

With only 4 days, I knew I had very little time to be hanging around. So I was straight on with the swim shorts, towel in hand and down to the pool. Btw don't do what I did and buy a beach towel once there, just use your hotel room towel. I wasted 17 euros thinking that was a good idea but didn't use it, and due to baggage allowance didn't take it back home anyway. At the pool I immediately ordered a vodka Fanta (well it was 4pm and I was heading out in a couple of hours) and grabbed a sun lounger. A small group of lads sat next to me (lad group number 1), and being solo I decided to strike up conversation (no time for being shy in Ibiza). I simply asked whether they were heading to Space, and after a few introductions we were planning to meet up later on. A hour later and 4 vodka Fantas down, my phone beeped with a message from chrl, was I hungry,and did I want to meet up slightly earlier? YES!

Dinner time

A quick change and 1 more vodka Fanta it was time to meet chrl, who similarly was out in Ibiza solo. Met outside the hotel, had a quick intro and hug, then decided it was best to have a little walk and see what was available. By the way it was a perfect evening not too hot and there was a gentle breeze. Perfect party weather:). After a 10 minute walk and a look at a couple of restaurants we decided upon eating at Bora Bora. This is probably what we both wanted to do anyway, and as we were both Ibiza Virgins we both agreed that Bora Bora had to be done. We settled down at the table, and just like I had viewed on YouTube the music was absolutely pumping and a lot of people were up and dancing away. It didn't take me 2 minutes to be dancing in my chair sipping a mojito. Sorry chrl, do you mind if I take a quick look around? No! I was like an excited kid who had multiple Christmases arrive all at once. This was not to be the first time on this trip I was to have the same kind of feeling! We both ordered a couple of seafood dishes, calamari and large shrimp. It might be pricey but oh my was it tasty. Feeling fully satisfied, and a couple of mojitos later, we were up and dancing by the tables. By this time the sun was well and truly set and the night time fun had begun. I had heard the phrase Boring Boring be used, now I am not sure if this is veteran speak, because to me this was anything but. Everyone, including myself and chrl were going wild to the music, everyone dancing with each other and getting smashed! Whatever it was I am sure the vodka redbulls that chrl and I were drinking were helping with the vibe! At around 9 ish I get my second spotlight text. Ste1892 is at the hotel and ready to meet us. Shortly after Ste pops up, party time!

Time to go clubbing!

So, having smashed BB for a fair few hours it was time to move on. I had already bought my ticket for We Love at Space, but chrl and Ste had to pick up theirs. I think we were a bit further on from the Jet apartments, but I was pretty lucid on the vodka redbulls. While they picked up their tickets, I got talking to a popular character with clubbers and decided to get know 'x-ander' a bit more and invite him along to Space with me. All of us made the short trip to Space at about just after midnight. Early I know, but were all so eager to get there. Friendly door staff, reasonably short queue and no searches. Good start! We headed left to the terrace, realised no music was playing so went over to the bar and ordered a drink, and asked for a look at the set times. I can't remember exactly what they were but all I know was that We Love had the best line up this weekend than any other (than maybe the opening parties (personally speaking of course). Groove Armarda, Ame, Geddes are all favourites.

Realising the terrace was not going to be up and running for a while (why this was not happening I am not too sure), we decided to have a wander round. We found the stairs to the upstairs outdoor bit, which had these awesome red lipped sofas that looked very inviting. We sat together chatting away to everyone around us. Seriously friendly crowd by the way! By this stage 'x-ander' was certainly doing his best at making me smile and feel very happy. I was ready to go dancing!

First up was Simon baker and Geddes going b2b, the main room was packed and the crowd were going for it. This is what I needed. Phone was straight out a video taken to prop up my memory. Oh hello massive smiley face decoration! Those guys had clearly done a good job of their warm up duties. I could see the tall Andy Cato hanging to the right of the decks, hmmm good sign Groove Armarda was about to play. Wow, can I just say they never fail to disappoint, and tonight was no different. They were dropping everything from garage to jumping hip hop and house. I can't remembering if they dropped any of their classics but if they did they didn't need to. I think it might have been half way thought this set that Ste and chrl said their goodbyes. Ste later told me that they were worried about me as I was clearly on for a massive one. As it happened there was no need to worry! I took to Space like a duck to water.

Having no concept of time, and x-ander's company only getting better and better, I went for a very long wander around until I came upon the red lipped sofas again. Whoever put those there good shout, for it was here I met lad group number 2 from Birmingham. They had just flown in. After the necessary intros and the excellent discovery we were all doing exactly the same nights, we were best friends and I was firmly under their wing. We all wanted to see Ame close the night, and holy god was he good. He might even have played the best set of the trip for me. If I can I will post up a vid of this tune he played, wouldn't mind an ID if anyone knows it.

So before long we are there near the back of the dance floor, I can't quite figure if there were a lot left but certainly it was me, lad group 2 and a new group of girls that had joined us. The light was coming up and we knew night was coming to the end. A wary look at my phone tells me it is 7.3O am. Time to leave. Anyway by this time I had been dancing away with this girl from group of girls, and her friend was saying we should all head back to theirs, which so happened to be in San Antonio. I was looking for an after party and lad group 2 hadn't got their apartment yet. So anyway, like a fool I was like yea sure lefts definitely go. **** me is San Antonio a long way from PDB, and how long does the bus take! Please please, unless you think you are definitely on for getting lucky that you do not make this same mistake! By the time I got to SA it was hot I stripped to my boxers and a dip in their pool. This was a good idea. However, an hour later of burning in the sun I was convinced nothing was happening, and despite my pleas of if you are taking me with you please do not go straight to sleep the girl and her friend did exactly that. Whoops should not have believed them. Suffice to say I was out of there quick sharp and on a bus back. This must have been about midday but by the time I had faffed around getting a bus from SA to Ibiza town, then PDB, and my hotel it was closer to 2pm

*forgot to mention that lad group 1 popped up at end of Ame's set, haha was great to see you all!

Couple of hours in bed and it was to be time for night 2 in Ibiza. Btw that was an awesome start but the nights and people I met just got better and better!

More details to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Monday 1st July - what, only 2 hours till I get on it again?

Tossing and turning, fiddling with the non-existent air-con, and getting up drinking gallons of water. Sleep was not happening as it should so naturally do after being awake for almost 30 hours! To maintain this sufferance was a lost cause. I decided to ride the comedown down at the pool, where an ice cold vodka Fanta, the coolness of the pool and chat amongst new friends would help:). Needless to say, this would become a very common occurrence and sleep a distant bodily function which frequently ceased to be required.

I bumped into lad group 1 down at the pool, lad 1 was sprawled out on the patio and apparently hadn't moved or spoken for a while, a spilt drink the only sign of his being alive. Lad 2 and I reminisced about the We Love party the night before and remarked upon it being awesome to have bumped into each other right at the end. All of us were feeling pretty ropey but already plans were being hatched for the coming evening. My phone beeped, it was chrl. Was I up for **** me I am famous and then a state of trance? A polite decline for now and a promise that we should be meet up soon. A second beep, it was lad group 2. Defected free party at Ushuaia tower then pre drinking before Sankeys as we had planned anyway? Yep, we'll on that I say, but when are we meeting? 6pm at the tower! What, only 2 hours till I get on it again?!

2 vodka Fantas, a shake, shave, a shower, and I am on my way again. Early evening so the sun is still reasonably high in the sky, great walk through PDB, everyone either coming back from the beach parties or eating food. The most distinctive things is that everyone is always smiling, and this didn't change throughout my whole trip.

Defected Free Party

Got to the tower and my first impression were pretty mind blowing. The design, effort and imagination that has gone into building the Ushuaia empire is not to be knocked. The branding is cool, but I am not convinced that a waitress likes to be called/branded 'the waitress'. It turns out the Defected free party to be more of a pool party. A few groups here and there chilling on the sun loungers. The Defected crew are doing a good job of, well, how to say, looking pretty behind the dj booth. A suggestion please, when the atmosphere is so blatantly dead on the floor, maybe just a couple of your crew from behind the decks could come forward and get others involved. I am only saying this because the party was from 6pm to 12am, this was 8pm and we were convinced it was unlikely to get busier. However, props to the tasty beats that were being dropped, and for the vodka redbull I downed being only 10 euros.

It has here at the tower that I met lad group 2, and a new group lad group 3. Excellent new arrivals! With our group seemingly getting bigger and bigger it was without doubt that the nights were going to get crazier! We all quickly decided the party wasn't happening and set about PDB looking for pre-drinks and also to see if 'x-ander' happened to be around!

Bora Bora x2

After an hour of wandering aimlessly around (fair to say everyone was on island time, no rush to do anything!) we finally made it to where we would spend the next couple of hours. Now, having been warmed up there last night, I knew the best approach this time would be to stock up on the booze from the shop, get a table outside and party away until loosened up. A few others joined me including new faces from the beach. I am not sure who is doing resident duties and I need to find out, but whoever the guys are they are doing an excellent job of keeping the vibe bouncing, and bouncing is the only way to describe it. Techy, tribal, rolling house beats. Really, there could be no stopping me from getting inside. All groups of lads were on the tables or chatting **** on the sofas. Damn this was going to be a big night! Early tip for night, Bora sell Brothers strawberry cider, refreshing and relatively cheap in comparison to vodka redbulls.

Feeling restless!

Time was moving on,and however sweet the beats maybe in Bora, I was fancying something new,if not, just heading to the club. It took a while and a few of us to persuade the groups to make a move, but finally we did. Arriving at the strip of bars leading up to Sankeys ( this quickly became my favourite spot), I bumped into lad group no1 heading to Pacha that night for Dirty Dutch. Quick hello and a vodka redbull later I was walking with purpose to Sankeys.

Sankeys - Troupe Records

Observation 1 - no queue - excellent
Observation 2 - Move D playing on decks as walk in - excellent
Observation 3 - the basement crowd is absolutely smashing it - excellent

5 mins in I haven't yet wanted to find the other lads as the music is just amazing and I am feeling very very happy to say least right now. Anyway, I am just there getting my groove on when I catch the eye of a lady about a metre away from me. Think nothing of it, then a few minutes later suddenly feel this hand slip into mine. I turn around it is her. She says, are you single? Can I kiss you?

Observation 4 - the speakers are booming but a bit bass heavy,not cool when bass dominates some tasty vocal tracks
Observation 5 - the graphics and LCD screen at back of booth are both mind bending and wicked
Observation 6 - Bicep are technically brilliant and their production / choon selection leaves me envious. These guys will be massive massive, if they are not already well on their way. Truly for the crowd selections.

Seriously, where does the time go when your having so much fun? I was interspersing a lot of the night with heading upstairs to the terrace, a cracking chill out spot at top of the club. Here the vibe is cool and there are a lot of tables to sit at. My only recommendation would be to install some more of the bed type thing that was on the left wall.

Observation 7 - where the f*ck did that girl go?
Observation 8 - the crowd died very quickly, no more than 100 left at 5.30
Observation 9 - it was time to leave.

Where's the After Party?

Leaving with a mix of lad group 2 and 3 ( others had gone home or gone elsewhere at this stage), I was looking for a bit of an after party due to my happy state of mind at this point. It was clear that,to my disappointment, no one was really up for anything so de toured myself via the beach at jet apartments. The sun was just arising and it was pretty damn peaceful with the sea lapping against the beach. Heaven!

My own private after party was going well, despite having to literally beat away the sucky sucky ladies ( who are annoying and no doubt a danger to society, and anyone unlucky to fall for their ugly charms). So I rolled a phat one, and just after, realised that I had no lighter, doh! No worries this is ibiza someone will be long soon with a friendly smile. So, lets call him 'the German Dude', was strolling along and I politely requested the use of his lighter. No probs. I said would you like to share my smoke. He said yes. 2 mins in, the German Dude, without any advance warning or notice says 'I like to suck c**k. Oh dear I'm thinking, no worries tho I have no problem with that, each to their own and all that. However, this dude is not shy. So after a couple of minutes I feel my self being tipped over the edge, it is time for home and some sleep. 'I come with you?' No sir, I'm off and by myself, I bid thee a good night!!

And with that I quickly jumped into a taxi and to my hotel. Special mention to the taxi driver who was pumping out some dirty break beat. Would have paid to travel round the island to continue listening!

Tbc.....

Last edited by a moderator:
So I rolled a phat one, and just after, realised that I had no lighter, doh! No worries this is ibiza someone will be long soon with a friendly smile. So, lets call him 'the German Dude', was strolling along and I politely requested the use of his lighter. No probs. I said would you like to share my smoke. He said yes. 2 mins in, the German Dude, without any advance warning or notice says 'I like to suck c**k. Oh dear I'm thinking, no worries tho I have no problem with that, each to their own and all that. However, this dude is not shy. So after a couple of minutes I feel my self being tipped over the edge, it is time for home and some sleep. 'I come with you?' No sir, I'm off and by myself, I bid thee a good night!!

How funny, I tell you as soon as the biff comes out, there is always a random randy German/Dutch guy that wants some (or your c**k in this case!) hehe

weird that you did not enjoy defected party at ushuaia tower...i miss this party but will do ...have you pay 10€ for vodka redbull?

For bora bora.. Even busier than Delano beach bar, the music at Delano is far better...i used to go to bora bora a lot this summer but have to admit, sometime, tired from last night party the sound is so hard (mixed with the neighbour's bar:it's a pain for the head if laid on the beach near worker's ants banner) that we move to Sa trincha bar at Salinas beach :Sound far far better...

Hi Fallenangel,

Perhaps, "did not enjoy" might be too strong! It was a pretty laid back party so I was probably expecting too much. I cannot complain as at the end of the day it was free, maybe I was just in the mood for something more upbeat!

I am hoping that on my return I can venture a bit further a field from the typical spots such as Bora Bora, going to Delano and Sands etc. Thanks for the recommendations! I really need to go to Salinas beach too.

Sorry for the delay in getting the next instalments up, will post the final chapters this evening:lol:.

will give you my opinion in september...Defected party @ Pacha suck at closing 2012, i hope at tushuaia tower it's will not be boring House & that they will play authentic/funky house :)...SA trinxa bar in Salinas is a "must go" as Bora bora beach bar (the music mix by legendary Jon Sa trincha was fu.ckin Brilliant)

yes..i got a pic with jon that looks the same, Jon in the mix me on the right as the fellow pointing him ; but too messy face (hierbas,vodka rebull ect..) that i did not publish it in my FB :lol:

^^Lol I love that picture haha^^

ok, so where was I? I should first off probably say sorry that I am writing so much, but I've been massively inspired by others writing here, and all the reviews kept me going while I was waiting to get out to the White Isle. Hope it entertains!

Tuesday 2nd July - Time to Get Physical Physical

When the sudden realisation that you haven't eaten for a good 24hours hits your stomach and your mind its amazing how fast you can get up and move. Thankfully the hotel is a short walk away from the start of PDB and some gorgeous restaurants and of course some fast food joints. Feeling classy, and overwhelmed by hunger, I opted for some Pizza Hut. Gutted, as right opposite the Mare Nostrum, as I was later to discover, is a great place serving tasty tasty pizza. Anyway, needs must and it set me up for the day, plus there was a ticket seller next door.

I had two main missions this particular eve, 1) whatever happens go and see the sunset at cafe mambo, 2) check out the new Get Physical party at vista club (I love the label!). Feeling a little lazy I decided to head back to the hotel and crash by the pool where I met up with Ste1892 (hanging from a mad night at ASOT). A group of us made plans to head to Antonio for around 6.30 ish in order to grab some food then head to Cafe Mambo. I have to say I was looking forward to actually heading up there with a proper purpose and, to start with at least, being a little less wasted when I got there. Jumping in legal cab it only cost 25 between the four of us and took about 20 mins. Perfect! Funnily enough if there is ever a good compare and a reason not to get an illegal cab, it cost the lad group 2 35 euros in an illegal cab up to San an, rather than our 25, from the same spot.

Arriving at San An we took a left turn at the Egg and walked towards Itaca. I really really wanted to go in having heard great things on here, but followed the other guys down the promenade to Bay Bar. Excellent choice as it turned out, comfy chill out place with shisha, and drinks deals on Long Island ice teas. We ordered nachos to start (mistake as definitely not enough salsa), and I ordered a fusion burger for a main, which had a delicious curry salsa on top of the burger which got me salivating! The dj was also pretty damn good, long haired blond guy. Tune of that moment was Xpress 2's lazy.

The only problem was that I could see the sun getting lower and I was itching to get up to Cafe Mambo where I was meeting lad group 2. One of the guys I was with didn't even know where Mambo was ( I hope he was joking, but to be fair, maybe as bad as my Delano mistake above? Hmmmm)!! Ok mate, that's fine but its my first time in Ibiza and I do not want to miss this! Tried to persuade them to come with, but they were happy to go drinking in west end. Each to their own! I knew the general direction to head around the bay, the closer I got the louder the music. Whoop I was here and with a good 20 mins to sunset proper. Enough time to grab some cider from a shop and take it down to rocks. Despite what people say, and for that sign which everyone blatantly ignores, in between mambo and del mar there are a set of wooden steps leading to rocks. On those rocks everyone was drinking their own!

Wow what an epic sunset. Of course a sight that millions before me have seen, but it literally blew me away. Dub vision were on the decks and during the sunset dropped Massive Attack Unfinished Sympathy. Nice touch!

Box ticked!

Pre-lash west end style

After soaking in the delights of the sunset, it was time to move onwards and upwards (or downwards) to the westend for some heavy drinking before Vista Club. First thoughts are that it is a lot smaller than I thought it would be. However, no less busy, everyone was out in force for the night ahead. I think we did some 'classics' like Tropicana and Capone. At one point someone came out with a bottle of caramel vodka, downing a fair portion of it I was well on my way! I spent a lot of time just soaking the vibe in, really enjoying the mad hard house mixes of classic dance tunes. I realised that these days I like to have half hour just sat chilling out preparing myself for night ahead, get psyched up so to speak. But when you with a group of lads there ain't no time for that. On our way to Plastik then. Warming up there it was all getting a little messy, x- ander was making a lot of appearances and some dodgy dancing was all going on. Earlier the group and I had bumped into the smoking hot get physical promo models doing their rounds of San An, and most had managed to bag free entry before 2am. Not bad! However time was running out and trying to round everyone up was a nightmare. I think a total 5 of us made it out of 10, and literally a minute after 2am.

Physical Physical

This is one night I had been seriously looking forward to but had no idea what to expect other than from what I had seen in resident advisor pictures.

Observation 1: the music was spot on from the very get go, Blond:ish was perfection in every way, and the crowd were loving it.

Observtion 2: it may be me, but were the door staff just a little on the unfriendly side? ( I had a joint ticket for face and get physical, face being in privilege, but the bouncer did not get it and I ended up losing the face ticket before I could do anything about it). Plus a lot of people were being turned away, or at least one rule for some, different one for others. This was demonstrated by some being let in after 2am with free wrist bands others not. Some did not want to pay the door price, which to be fair was not to bad at 25 euros I think.

Observation 3: I think the above might have affected numbers, because I am not joking when I say that by 3-4am the crowd was down to 100 if that.

Observation 4: M.A.N.D.Y and DJ Hell were simply amazing, and doing their best to dj with a massive smile on their face which I have a huge respect for.

Observation 5: it is a new night and I really hope they keep going because had there been a crowd it would have been going off in there so hard!

As it happens I was grateful for a relatively chilled one, although I got home late it was not as late as per usual. And judging by how the next 48 hours were to pan out I was happy.

Next time - dc10 paradise - after party - missing my flight - no sleep - amnesia. The finale!!!

Back