3 stabbed at SHM gig

Where was Sneak? that's what I want to know - has he an alibi??

Wait No - it wasnt the 3 members of SHM that were stabbed now I have read the article properly... :spank:

(Joke before anyone who rates SMH kicks off....) :lol:

Just goes to show that SHM and anything to do with them is the total opposite to what house music represents. It's all about bling and money and looking good and being a vip and being better than the next person.
House music was always about bringing different types of people together to dance in harmony black white brown yellow pink orange gay straight big small weird wonderful etc
People from other less friendly more attitude music scenes have infiltrated this harmony and brought their bullsh1t with them

Just goes to show that SHM and anything to do with them is the total opposite to what house music represents. It's all about bling and money and looking good and being a vip and being better than the next person.
House music was always about bringing different types of people together to dance in harmony black white brown yellow pink orange gay straight big small weird wonderful etc
People from other less friendly more attitude music scenes have infiltrated this harmony and brought their bullsh1t with them

Agree

I am not a fan of SHM but to blame them is a bit extreme. Not their fault that someone turned up with a knife and did this.
I kind of understand the "what they now stand for" argument etc but I don't see this incident as a good reason for them splitting up. I think that it is good because I can't stand them :lol:
I think it is more a sign of the times that this has happened and happens everywhere, society has changed massively in the last decade and is looking like it will never get any better while there is no deterrent to stop them(i.e punishment is not severe enough).
There were 60k people wasn't there? Bound to be some trouble anywhere in the world with that many people who will mostly of been drinking excessively and/or doing drugs all day to.

Where was Sneak? that's what I want to know - has he an alibi??

Wait No - it wasnt the 3 members of SHM that were stabbed now I have read the article properly... :spank:

(Joke before anyone who rates SMH kicks off....) :lol:

Good one :lol:

Agree, it is not about the music anymore it seems......:(

+1

As Ollie says, can't blame SHM directly for the actions of some mindless nutcases, but in the end it's the antithesis of the true ethos of house (and trance) music - faintly reflective of clubbing culture being stripped of it's original values in some circles. Defo a sign of the times.

There were actually nine people stabbed eight required hospital care. Kids buried knifes in the grounds of the concert weeks before the event to get them past security. Goes to show the mentality of some teenagers from a certain social demographic group at present....

There were actually nine people stabbed eight required hospital care. Kids buried knifes in the grounds of the concert weeks before the event to get them past security. Goes to show the mentality of some teenagers from a certain social demographic group at present....
That was in dublin bez.3 stabbed at MK gig as well

What a load of bullsh't from some people, it has nothing do with the size of the crowd. SHM clearly attract a bad bunch of people hence why there was extreme violence at both the Dublin and MK gigs.

What a crock of ****e in here.

People actually blaming SHM/the type of music attracts the wrong sorts?

It was a group of Scousers who took unkindly to one of their shellsuit wearing louts being laughed at for falling down a hill so they lashed out. Only one person (yes, one) is believed responsible for the stabbings. 1 person out of 58000 people.

At the Ireland show, it was I think 2 people they were looking for as suspects (in a show that was already featuring other artists, but let's not point out that acts like Snoop Dogg might also be at fault because that would negate my narrow minded argument) out of how ever many tens of thousands.

So yes, let's throw out a shockingly irrational stereotype, use it to slate a group I dislike and then sit back and revel in my own ignorance.

@Mashednlovingit - Extreme violence? One incident. That's it. One. The rest of the incidents I saw were just typical festival thuggery of bottle throwing (which I ****ing hate) but that happens at every festival, regardless of musical genre or location.

Also was interesting to note that an awful lot of people who were openly trying to push drugs towards people had an identical dress sense/accent. Given it's location I'm ****ing glad I'm not anywhere near Creamfields this year.

Hasn't there always been occasional violence around the edge of dance culture, mainly to do with drug gangs?

I feel very lucky to have enjoyed more than 2 decades of dance music, clubs, illegal raves in fields and festivals and never had to experience anything like this ...... so sad :confused:

Back