2009 Season Finished

:(

Not to sure if i'll be going back next year, this was my fourth year in a row and it was nothing compared to the previous three times, dont get me wrong i love the island and will be going back, just probably not for a couple of years, and if i do it will probably just be the opening/closing parties.

I found that this year, even when we went, over the radio 1 weekend in August it just didn't seem the same, the atmosphere was different, it wasn't as busy etc.

For the first time i witnessed a fight in Ibiza, and not where you'd expect IE West End, but outside Amnesia after Cocoon, it was more a mass brawl (Dont even get me started on the Italians) it shocked me as i've never seen anything like that on the White Isle, its what i expect from your Malia's and 'Napa's', not from Ibiza.

In the end i did have a great holiday but it just didn't have the shine that the last three years had, i do think the recession has hit them hard and the clubs dont help themselves still by charging 45euro min for big nights and scandalous drinks prices.

Saying all this the people that i went with had an amazing time and said there is no doubt they will be back next year!! :lol:

Count me in! All booked up for the summer hols and will book opening parties soon too - just waiting for Space dates! :)

been going since 2000 and this must have been my 16-17th visit, and have to say it was a very strange year out there.

Im not sure if it was all the movement of parties from one place to another but things just didnt seem to sit right, and the vibe on the island was certainly different.

Perhaps it was the credit crunch, perhaps its me getting older.... but things have definitely changed and not for the better.

Don't get me wrong im not saying the place is rubbish (i love the place), but something has certainly been lost.... no doubt ill be back out there next year (unless i get the missus up the duff!)

Yeah the partying is on the slide a bit - but it's still a magical island.

It'll be busier next year - surely! :lol:

I'll be there though!

Yeah the partying is on the slide a bit - but it's still a magical island.

It'll be busier next year - surely! :lol:

Roll on next summer!

go to cocoon terrace (if you can find a spot) and try not to enjoy it, party during the day for free at ushuaia to luciano, dress up and go wild at the zoo (wed or sat) again outdoor during the day, sail off on one of the endless boat parties with all the beautiful people but open to all nearly every day of the week, free beach sessions at sands with carl cox playing rare groove, funk, soul and house classics.....only in ibiza people, like it intimate then try the red box on sundays or blu on wednesdays or the funky room anytime, like it underground try the coco loco in privi on wed and thur, like it handbag but rockin then nowhere does it better than pacha, like underground techno we love has all the masters, 18 years old and having your first 'moment'....then what better place than hands-in-the-air all the way at cream as the ice cannon goes off, want dancefloor to fill up with water at 7am whilst you dance with a bird called tracey from dagenham dressed in leopard skin bikini then go to es para.............if you want the best clubbing experience of your life - then go to amnesia closing

the "ibiza is over" talk is as strong as ever for the 25th year running.......it's a load of bollox.

sure the changes last year changed things slightly, but the party scene has fought back this year, you'd have to be blind not to see that.

as you were 8):D

oh by the way it's my 331st visit and i've been coming here since 19yawnty-yawn and i danced on the old space terrace and remember amnesia terrace open air and privilege when it looked like it did when KU (and the sun would rise threw the big back windows and it looked like some giant time machine) and el divino when people used to go there and bla bla blartty bla....:lol::lol:

go to cocoon terrace (if you can find a spot) and try not to enjoy it, party during the day for free at ushuaia to luciano, dress up and go wild at the zoo (wed or sat) again outdoor during the day, sail off on one of the endless boat parties with all the beautiful people but open to all nearly every day of the week, free beach sessions at sands with carl cox playing rare groove, funk, soul and house classics.....only in ibiza people, like it intimate then try the red box on sundays or blu on wednesdays or the funky room anytime, like it underground try the coco loco in privi on wed and thur, like it handbag but rockin then nowhere does it better than pacha, like underground techno we love has all the masters, 18 years old and having your first 'moment'....then what better place than hands-in-the-air all the way at cream as the ice cannon goes off, want dancefloor to fill up with water at 7am whilst you dance with a bird called tracey from dagenham dressed in leopard skin bikini then go to es para.............if you want the best clubbing experience of your life - then go to amnesia closing

the "ibiza is over" talk is as strong as ever for the 25th year running.......it's a load of bollox.

sure the changes last year changed things slightly, but the party scene has fought back this year, you'd have to be blind not to see that.

as you were 8):D
i agree SOOOOO MUCH with you!

this year the party scene was really strong...and i can't recall the last time i've seen so many good closings! ;)

RESPECT Grego!!

Made it twice this year, closings were the better of the two. One of my best trips to Ibiza since my grand revelation in 1998...

If we love ibiza then let's support it instead of bitching at it...

Te quiero Ibiza...siempre!

2010 closings for sure...would be great to meet some of the spotlighters

I went this year twice and i absolutely love it there.
Where else in the world can i experience such a beautiful vibe with like minded people.
There is something for everybody full stop.
I will be back next year without doubt.

was my 8th year out there, wont be back next year :(

the euro/pound exchange rate alongside the rising club entry, drink prices, taxis etc etc just make it unjustifyable (sp)

this year it was 150 quid between me and the mrs b4 we had even bought a drink in the clubs, to me that is just complete nonsense :x

I remember the old days too. Open air Amnesia, open air space terrace being rocked by alex and brandon to 30/50 people, Ku, la passion (anyone remember that place?)Es Paradis, Long Play, outdoor raves in the woods/beaches, DC10 when it was free. whilst I don't think its as good as it used to be. I think it mainly because i can no longer go wild for 2 or 3 weeks every single night (kids put a stop to that!) I've been to all the other 'party' places in the world and no-where else comes close. If anyone thinks they'll find a better holiday elsewhere then please share (but be prepared to get shot down in flames) It is expensive but so is everywhere these days and at the end of the day you get what you pay for and if you only have one holiday a year, make sure its a good one!

see you at the end of May :twisted:

I know! I find it soooooo tiring. Really.

Some things change: music styles, attitudes, opening hours, etc... but the fundamentals of Ibiza (great people, food, beaches, parties) are constant. :D

There is nowhere else like it. There can be only one :lol:

As long as I get a great deal on airfare and my fave hotel Fiesta Hotel PDB I will so be there next year. Riding around the island was easier and more fun that I thought I'd ever have - got me to all the beautiful beaches so much easier, and San Antonio for the sunset was so much fun. I can't let a year pass without that beautiful Balearic sun - I feel good for the rest of the year after a visit! Not to mention the anticipation of the one of a kind club promos on the beach. I will never forget those wonderful kids from Amnesia who wouldn't leave me alone when I was trying to have lunch at Ses Salines - can't a girl have her picnic lunch in the sun with a friend without everyone saying, "Que rico!" and blowing whistles?!! LOL

Back