20 Years on Spotlight!

Just now realized you wrote "when" not "where" 😂 Should probably use my reading glasses more 😂
Looking at mid-July. It's a 3-way half-century celebration and the middle one of the 3 of us has his birthday then.
Shame I'll miss you on the island this time round. Hope you're well and maybe bump into you in London when you come down!

I don't know. Since the internet entered in my life I was fascinated by the opinions of other people about Ibiza. That's how I got hooked I suppose.

Anyone hitting the 10 years mark soon?

Just passed 11 a few days ago ... and completely failed to realize it had been 10 a year ago. Don't know whether it feels like longer or can't have been that long already - the last couple of years kind of threw everything into a tumble drier and I still don't know whether I'm coming or going most of the time. A year passes and another, everything moves on and in my head I'm still expecting things to resume on the page I left off on so many fronts. Perhaps they will on some - at some point !

Just passed 11 a few days ago ... and completely failed to realize it had been 10 a year ago. Don't know whether it feels like longer or can't have been that long already - the last couple of years kind of threw everything into a tumble drier and I still don't know whether I'm coming or going most of the time. A year passes and another, everything moves on and in my head I'm still expecting things to resume on the page I left off on so many fronts. Perhaps they will on some - at some point !
That sounds like a very familiar feeling! Time has evaporated lately, hope you’re doing well :)

I remember reading your posts on that thread during the pandemic and I got the impression you seemed quite nervous about how/whether things would get back to normal travelwise. I hope things are looking up for you now and that we get to see your ibiza adventure photos again soon.

I remember reading your posts on that thread during the pandemic and I got the impression you seemed quite nervous about how/whether things would get back to normal travelwise. I hope things are looking up for you now and that we get to see your ibiza adventure photos again soon.

Trouble is things at home changed by the time all the lockdown nonsense finished and I am effectively left with no-one to care for the property or help my ageing mum day-to-day (who is here now permanently) if I leave. She won't have anyone new coming and going yet (let alone staying overnight) and her mobility has deteriorated to the point I am terrified to leave her alone in a place this size. Not to mention the dog who's now 11 and she won't let anyone else walk him etc etc which he needs every day not every few days. So practically and emotionally over a barrel if there are not to be endless rows. I haven't spent a single night away since 2019.

Feels like there are mountains to climb before I can get any sort of a life outside of all this back and I'm still not hard enough to just walk out to get a change of scene for a few days to see what happens. It's crazy how a whistle blows and you can find yourself trapped in a situation you're completely ill-equipped to handle or manage out for years ! Anyhow, I need to get my sibling to step up and commit to coming here for a proper period of time in the Summer so maybe I can have a break away at some stage and crack open this deadlock. She's been down for short spells, dodging and weaving actually taking over running things so she can get a holiday, not really contributing to helping me and in the end I've wound up catering for her a load too. Hmmm .... that's really not the deal :rolleyes::lol:

Trouble is things at home changed by the time all the lockdown nonsense finished and I am effectively left with no-one to care for the property or help my ageing mum day-to-day (who is here now permanently) if I leave. She won't have anyone new coming and going yet (let alone staying overnight) and her mobility has deteriorated to the point I am terrified to leave her alone in a place this size. Not to mention the dog who's now 11 and she won't let anyone else walk him etc etc which he needs every day not every few days. So practically and emotionally over a barrel if there are not to be endless rows. I haven't spent a single night away since 2019.

Feels like there are mountains to climb before I can get any sort of a life outside of all this back and I'm still not hard enough to just walk out to get a change of scene for a few days to see what happens. It's crazy how a whistle blows and you can find yourself trapped in a situation you're completely ill-equipped to handle or manage out for years ! Anyhow, I need to get my sibling to step up and commit to coming here for a proper period of time in the Summer so maybe I can have a break away at some stage and crack open this deadlock. She's been down for short spells, dodging and weaving actually taking over running things so she can get a holiday, not really contributing to helping me and in the end I've wound up catering for her a load too. Hmmm .... that's really not the deal :rolleyes::lol:

ah man that's really tough. you must be climbing the walls. i hope you can find some cover and manage to get away.

Back