10 years on Spotlight

Jam Man

By no means am I the longest serving person on the site, but 10 years is a milestone nonetheless.

It started as a way to get some advice and experience before embarking upon a hedonistic holiday to the white isle.

It's turned into being part of a community, with some friends made that are above & beyond simple "internet acquaintances".

It's stimulating to interact with people who I'd probably never cross paths with in "normal" life, and I guess ultimately we're all the richer for it.

Thanks Stephen and your team for being the landlord(s) at what's turned out to be a "local" to so many of us.

thumbs-up-like-chicken-charlie.png

congrats mr jam!! 8)

i think it's amazing that we have that many people who are on board for such a long time already. i'm in for 8 years now and in my case it's no exagerration when i say the spotlight forums changed my life.

it is also great to see that, even with fb and twitter (and whatever else) growing and growing, our forums are still alive and kicking. quite a few forum members will celebrate their 10 years this year!!! yay!

thanks jammy. i never thought of myself as imparting a warm glow over anything, but i obviously underestimate my perfect hostlike bonhomie

Congratualtions - and I wholeheartedly agree with all you've said despite being a much more recent addition !

Gosh just passed mine in May too. :eek:

Do I get a badge or a carriage clock or something?

Surely a golden gong would be more apt ?

Wow... just think of the hours wasted, many of which people paid you for! :lol:

Thanks for sticking around, Jamster. Wouldn't be the same without you here.

Can we please be rewarded with 5 stars under our names? (I may just **** off somewhere else otherwise:lol:)

can we have a secret members room, now such a time has passes and we have all mellowed.

we promise to behave. ;)

That would be rude to us newbies, without newbies you'd die...but without you old old fellas we'd know nowt! :p

Congratulations! Ten years ago I was listening to Scooter in my first year of high school!!
:spank:

Happy Anniversary - 9 years for me..

I wholeheartedly agree with the Jamster - so many great people on here and so many top tips - massive thanks to the Spotlight Massive - behind the scenes - El Ste, James, El Grego, McCrackin, Dr Mick etc ...

In 9 years ...

I have gained a son and a daughter in law to be...

and I still remember telling Mr PL on the way to Ibiza one year that we were meeting up and staying in a hotel with "some canny people I have met on the internet" his face was a picture..... but that was the lovely Mr and Mrs Jam and what a week that turned out to be!!!!! 8) Pandas fighting outside the hotel, 11 hrs of thunder and lightening watching .......... awesome break !

Happy Anniversary - 9 years for me..

I wholeheartedly agree with the Jamster - so many great people on here and so many top tips - massive thanks to the Spotlight Massive - behind the scenes - El Ste, James, El Grego, McCrackin, Dr Mick etc ...

In 9 years ...

I have gained a son and a daughter in law to be...

and I still remember telling Mr PL on the way to Ibiza one year that we were meeting up and staying in a hotel with "some canny people I have met on the internet" his face was a picture..... but that was the lovely Mr and Mrs Jam and what a week that turned out to be!!!!! 8) Pandas fighting outside the hotel, 11 hrs of thunder and lightening watching .......... awesome break !

20 years ago I had smelly dreadlocks, was doing loads of acid and getting obsessed with traveller sound systems. :lol:

10 years ago - hmmm... had just made the transit from Brighton to London which began a big accelerated path for me.

I managed a six year relationship, moved into my own flat and had a bit therapeutic breakdown resulting in a realisation that I had to get out of the rat race (patronisingly known as a career ladder :rolleyes:), I now have a decent job, help out with a sound system and have been spending ALL my disposable income on studying various holistic therapies.

My mindset is the same as when I first moved here - feeling really unsettled and NO idea where life is going to take me in the next 12 months. I graduate in Oct at which point I'm dealing with a blank canvas and no reason to live a heteronormative settler lifestyle :p.

Lord knows what's next on the agenda. :eek:

Back