10 ways Ibiza will change in 2019

Talking about narcotics and changes...am I wrong or police was literally everywhere?
Ibiza town there were two policeman in every street...

I remember during the summer of 2006 was the same and imho is a bit unconfy

Talking about narcotics and changes...am I wrong or police was literally everywhere?
Ibiza town there were two policeman in every street...

I remember during the summer of 2006 was the same and imho is a bit unconfy

In Ibiza Town maybe, in San An they are nowhere to be seen

Much larger visible police presence this past 5-6 weeks as the tourists numbers has steadily declined. Presumably because they are attending less incidents/decreasing number of high capacity events to monitor. Would think that is pretty common in destinations that have a spike in population

Whilst enjoying a drink in PDB we saw two separate searches of people on the street. One was a guy and a girl (he was acting pretty shifty), other search was a group of 4 lads who tried to do the `fast walk` in the opposite direction. Made for an exciting cocktail experience.

Went to Ocean Beach for the first time 'properly' this year (actual first time years ago I was hungover on a free wristband and didn't have a bed) and have to say I enjoyed it a lot more than I expected.

The team there are giving the public what they want, a cheap entry price, a pseudo VIP experience, they maintain the club well it feels clean and fresh. Drinks are still pricey but not club prices (we paid 42euro for a bucket of 6 San Miguel so 7 Euro a bottle)

No reason why Es Paradis for example coulden't have been bold a few years ago and opened the retractable roof and put daytime/evening events with a VIP feel, but they stuck in their ways trying to flog increasingly dated nights.

As for 2019 in general, I think the island is in for a pivital year. The signs are there that all is not well with even regular contributors on here leaving average to poor reviews about Ibiza 2018. There's a whole Winter of lineup changes to come, and no doubt surprises in store but it feels like a lot don't like the current direction things are heading in.

spot on mate.

I really enjoyed Ocean Beach last year and my hotel stay next door. You get free entry into OCB everyday it is open and I went in there about 4 days out of the 7.

What I will add, is having done a whole week at the hotel which is joined to Ocean Beach is that the day you go strongly determines the age of the crowd. Tuesday and Wednesday were much younger in age range than the other days as most of the younger kids were after flight/hotel/nightclub promotions for those days and it just happens that Ocean Beach is operating within a market all to itself right now.

I can't think of anywhere else that does what they do with the amount of sunshine hours they get, it is a near perfect venue position.

Ironically, me and my missus joke that the VIP area in OCB is actually a Zoo which protects the rest of the clubbers. I am really looking forward to some more sanely priced beers and sushi there this year.

With Defected taking another year in San An, I can't see myself going back over to PDB this year. That will be two years going into three where this has been the case, I am not alone and this has to be hurting them.

And hence, we now have a clear split emerging, with the U.K based peeps piling back into San An. and taking the odd trip to Amnesia, Blue Marlin (if its open) etc. with the rest of the world remaining steadfast with being based in PDB.

Last edited:
spot on mate.

I really enjoyed Ocean Beach last year and my hotel stay next door. You get free entry into OCB everyday it is open and I went in there about 4 days out of the 7.

What I will add, is having done a whole week at the hotel which is joined to Ocean Beach is that the day you go strongly determines the age of the crowd. Tuesday and Wednesday were much younger in age range than the other days as most of the younger kids were after flight/hotel/nightclub promotions for those days and it just happens that Ocean Beach is operating within a market all to itself right now.

I can't think of anywhere else that does what they do with the amount of sunshine hours they get, it is a near perfect venue position.

Ironically, me and my missus joke that the VIP area in OCB is actually a Zoo which protects the rest of the clubbers. I am really looking forward to some more sanely priced beers and sushi there this year.

With Defected taking another year in San An, I can't see myself going back over to PDB this year. That will be two years going into three where this has been the case, I am not alone and this has to be hurting them.

And hence, we now have a clear split emerging, with the U.K based peeps piling back into San An. and taking the odd trip to Amnesia, Blue Marlin (if its open) etc. with the rest of the world remaining steadfast with being based in PDB.

interesting post mate.
I'm not sure I agree with your last part.....there are parties in PDB that will still, I would have thought, be significantly attended by the UK crowd - (Camelphat & Solardo at Hi, Ants to name two)

I don’t doubt that but for those people that i spoke to the responses back are very similar.

The overcrowding at Ants is a reason for people staying away as is the poor design and layout of Hi, even though the sound system in the main room is peerless it appears that someone who never stepped foot in a club before was allowed to design the layout.

And yeah, VIP muppets throwing stuff off the balconies was never going to happen was it?

Peak season last year, i have a short video on my phone, my and my missus in the second room at Hi enjoying a one hour set by Cassius - on our own. There was nobody else in there apart from the DJs and security. I couldn’t believe it but you know, what a 60minutes that was.

Great for me, not sure that is a successful, long-term business model.

Ants, when it’s a 45 minute round trip to use the gents and the same to get served overpriced drinks to then work through the crowd which resembles a rugby scrum. you kinda think, is it me? And then i go to Amnesia on a packed weekend night and we don’t experience the same problems to the same extremes.

PDB is just not being managed properly and is suffering from a series of bad decisions, i am waiting for news on Sankeys keenly - surely they can’t mess this one up!

Back