10 ways Ibiza will change in 2019

The question I have is, did they used to? I think the nightlife aspect introduced a lot of people to the island even though they no longer hit the clubs. But maybe those 3 out of 4 people never cared about the nightlife and really only came for the beaches.

yes I am sure there are people who now never hit the clubs nowadays but used to 10-20 years ago.

Which is understandable and has always happened. But the question is with the rising costs are the next generation visiting the island in enough numbers? Without new batches of young clubbers each summer the crowd just gets older together.

I agree with this. Also, you can get a lot better value for money with hotels, food and drinks elsewhere. The weather in Ibiza is not always guaranteed to., The world is also a lot more accessible these days and if people want a beach holiday or cultural experience they can easily fly to Asia etc. The clubs attract a lot of young people to the island and many come back year on year throughout their lifes

Last edited:
Between my wife and I, we usually average $10-15k

You are way behind this family;)

15606385-20818885.jpg

Algarve is definitely Golf central but Ibiza does still have 9 holes at Roca Lisa if you're really desperate for a quick round. Dalt Vila, The Phoenician remains of Sa Caleta and the Phoenician-Punic necropolis of Puig des Molins are UNESCO World Heritage site. There's other interesting historic sites about too if you go walking and have an interest.

Obviously those examples you give sell themselves to markets who are primarily interested in going on holiday for one specific activity or interest (in the case of Greece far less so in many tourist resort areas). If you want to play golf every day then chances are you're boarding a plane for Faro.

Thing about Ibiza is it has a bit of pretty much everything readily on offer on one island. So unless you especially want to go paragliding off a mountain or do a skydive, a group or family with diverse interests can likely all find things they want to do on offer. Alongside the tat, there's also a lot of hand-made jewellery, bespoke products and boutique clothes etc. along with many premium brands available to shoppers (to some extent). For those who like to shop, and there are many, there's a lot more boutiques to potter round than in many places.

just wondering how many people go there specifically to do say active sports, treks, dives etc when you could do that 10x more cheaply elsewhere? as for the holistic yoga side of things - does that appeal to serious yoga people (yogis?) or merely wealthy people buying into the top-end lifestyle kudos?

just wondering how many people go there specifically to do say active sports, treks, dives etc when you could do that 10x more cheaply elsewhere? as for the holistic yoga side of things - does that appeal to serious yoga people (yogis?) or merely wealthy people buying into the top-end lifestyle kudos?

On the first, a rapidly growing number - because of word of mouth and efforts to put the island 'on the map' by the local community. Competitions like Red Bull etc attract a lot of interest too and people come back. Mallorca has attracted tonnes of people for sports for a long time and Ibiza is starting to do the same, especially in the 'shoulder' season when it's cooler. There are dozens of people running "retreats", "bootcamps" and all the other buzz-words for packaged "wellness" holidays over the Season too - I would struggle to think of any other single place in Europe with so much of that going on. On the latter, I honestly don't know as far as the yogis are concerned - not personally big into it, but it's an integral part of everyday life for a lot of people and they like having classes available in lovely locations.

It's easy to see things from the perspective of British culture, but alongside that you have German, French, Dutch, Russian tourists etc. who very often put different things on their holiday agenda than Cheryl & Bob from Barnsley ...

as in most nights you go out - or on normal nights too when you're at home watching Newsnight?

:eek::oops:o_O:lol:

Back