What are your Top Five places to eat in Ibiza?

Always been a huge fan of:

1. Es Pins - San Joan rd. San Lorenzo. Amazing value, always full of lcoals.
2. Balafia (just up the rd. from Es Pins)
3. Chimichuri (inbetween San Antonio and Sant Josep) the EURO9,50 BBQ lunch deal is amazing value, and the garden out the back (open in evenings only) is so nice
4. Sa Rima (not far from Cala Rarida)
5. Es Zaguan (sp?) Ibiza town, great tapas, bustling atmosphere.

Surprised to see TAPAS I San Antoni mentioned a few times. I've never been but always assumed it was more of a place for Brits that don't like Spanish tapas!

Too many to decide on. So I am going with the places I always have to visit due to various circumstances.

La Casita, Valverde
Bar Llumbi, Es Cubells
Raco Verd, Sant Josep
Amante Beach Club, Cala Llonga
Bollywood Cafe, St. Eularia

My favorit ones:

Destino 2 - Santa Gertrudis
The Booo - Figueretas
Restaurant Cala d'Hort - Cala d'Hort
Restaurant S'Ametller - Ibiza Town
Pizzeria Ciao Ciao - Playa den Bossa

Es Caliu - san joan road
Cas Pages - santa eularia
La bodega - entrance to dalt vila
Tapas - San An
La Noria (paella ) - Cala Boix

Villa Mercedes, San An - food is always great, service is always amazing and it's not as expensive as it easily could be I reckon.

Grill De Soleil, San An Bay - was staying above it a couple of years ago and felt a bit peckish, decided to drop in for a pizza or some chips. Ended up back in the room with half a cow. Been dreaming about it ever since. Sadly has been closed in the late Sept/Oct time I've been there the last couple of years :(

David's, San An - purely for being a money lifesaver the last few years, will always have a soft spot for it. Perfect for a cheap pre-sunset munch, can't ever go wrong here.

Ses Roques, Cala Conta - mainly for being most romantic setting ever imho, but the food is good too.

The Orange Corner/Itaca (for lunch), San An - I think all the places on this stretch are pretty much on an even par for a lunchtime munch but Orange Corner just edges it for me for food, whilst Itaca has the best atmosphere and service.

Despite having eaten plenty elsewhere on the Island I realise this is a pretty San An heavy list. I found Playa D'en Bossa in particular a bit rubbish for food (although I did have some good sushi somewhere whose name I can't remember). Plan to make this year the year I finally try Sa Trinxa, no idea why I've never made it so far since it's clearly so popular. As for Tapas though, surprised to see it on so many people's top 5s as I thought it was extremely disappointing. Maybe I caught them on a bad night.

Anywhere else I absolutely must try? (Yes, the days of tinned potatoes are thankfully behind me....at least until the last day or two of the trip ;) )

Ses Roques, Cala Conta - would have agreed with this for the last few years, but the chef changed recently, and the last time I went (few weeks ago) was possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten on the island.

La Bodega, Ibiza Town
Bambuddha
Flotante, Talamanca (always on the first day to say "we've arrived!")
La Totteta, Ibiza Town
Caos, Santa Eulalia

Special mention to Cook Ibiza too who cooks some of the best food on the island. Looking forward to enjoying his food again at Agroturismo Morna very soon!

Can Pujol (Bullit de Peix)
Es Boldado (Arroz con espardenyas y gamba roja)
Ama Lur (Vasc-French cuisine)
Can Pilot (Good steakhouse and fairly priced)
Es Pins (Arroz de matanzas)

Ses Roques, Cala Conta - would have agreed with this for the last few years, but the chef changed recently, and the last time I went (few weeks ago) was possibly the worst meal I have ever eaten on the island.
Agree!!! it used to be one of my favourites but since they changed the chef (and now they have the Beach Club kind of food instead chiringuito kind of food), never again!

1 - El Zaguan - Ibiza Town ( Pinxtos ) ££ love everything about it
2 - Tapas - San Antonio ££-£££
3 - Pizzaman - San Antonio - £ cheap and does the trick
4 - La Lola - Santa Eulalia £££
5 - El Rincon De Pepe - San Antonio ££

Disappointments

Rita's Cantina - poor service, moody staff and sloppy food

Elements Beach Bar - supposed Spanish Authentic and alioli tasted like mayo and returned 2 times. Said if they put more garlic in then the British won't buy it. I am British and wife Spanish and if we order alioli then that is what a customer expects. No communication between staff. Has massive potential but needs better people behind it. Food and venue very pretty but no substance as food was only ok.

This 5 will probably change yet again tomorrow but for now:

La Noria
Balafia
Bar Costa
Cas Pages
El Bigotes

Plus always worth mentioning many other faves previously listed such as La Bodega, Fish Shack, Restaurante Martina, La Torretta, Casa Piedra, El Carmen, Es Boldado, Es Pins, El Destino, Antico Forno, Maria Luisa, La Paloma... So spoilt for food on the island.

But when it comes down to it, a cold, sensibly priced caña and an olive or two will do me just fine. Or a tin of @craig72 's spuds. Either way :)

Good thread. New ideas for May trip.

Not sure if it's particularly great over all . But the spag Bol at Pago Pago on the beach at Pdb is decent

Back