Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

I've booked with this company for 10 of us, what the hell should i do?

When are you going? Depends if you're that concerned/have enough time to switch to someone else without it costing ££££'s

Otherwise, because you know ahead of time this company can be up to some shady shit - limit the amount of valuables you are going to bring and keep things like wallets/phones on you would be my first thought.

I've booked with this company for 10 of us, what the hell should i do?

As another angle to it all, this was a post on an Ibiza villa rental Facebook group by a key member of staff from Ibiza Villas 2000 shortly after this dreadful incident.

UPDATE ON RECENT POSTS REGARDING BURGLARIES IN IBIZA
I am sure many of you have seen the articles online and on Social Media implicating Ibiza Villas 2000 with the recent robberies in Playa den Bossa. It goes without saying that we had nothing to do with the robberies. We have operated our Villa Rental business legally and within the full confines of Spanish law for over fifteen years. We all live, work and pay our taxes in Ibiza and most of us have families raised here and children at school here. We are not in the business of robbing our own clients, causing untold damage to our business and ruining peoples holidays!
There are some key inaccuracies in the post currently being shared on Facebook, and we are in close communication with the parents of some of the group about this. The group were very young, hence why we are cooperating with their parents throughout this. Understandably, the group were very angry and upset, but the fact is that in one case the alarm was not set and in the other, the house had not been secured correctly. Even despite the detailed advice we provide our clients with, both before arrival and at check-in, many groups come to Ibiza to party and do not always adequately heed the advice given, or forget it as soon as they start to have fun.
We have alarms and safes for clients to use. All the alarms are connected to private security companies with First Responders who attend immediately. Obviously we also have the alarm records showing when alarms are armed and disarmed. All the alarms have back-up power sources, so they would still work in the event of a power cut.
We provide copious amounts of security information throughout the booking procedure, and in resort. However, worryingly, some groups still do not take the risks on board. Only yesterday, one of our team was patrolling the villas and came across four properties where clients had gone out and left windows – and in one case, a door – wide open. We can only do so much – we cannot hold clients’ hands day-in and day-out, throughout their holiday. When they rent a villa we give them all the advice and information we can, but it is up to the clients to follow this advice to protect themselves.
Playa den Bossa is most certainly being targeted at the moment. A nearby villa – not one of ours – has been burgled four times in a row. At first, the police were not being very helpful as they are so woefully short-staffed, but Luke, the CEO of the business, who many of you know, is now getting the help we need in tackling this issue. He is working closely with the head of the Guardia Civil here in Ibiza and also with the Policia Nacional. We had our own private security at one of the villas last night who saw three suspicious vehicles coming to the property throughout the course of the night. He got number plates, that are now with the police, and even chased one car down the road - no one can say we are not trying our utmost to solve this issue! We are hopeful that we are close to a break-through.
Meanwhile, Luke is communicating almost hourly with the parents of the client who wrote the Facebook post. They are beginning to accept that this was not our fault and that the fall-out from this, with the online references slandering our company are causing huge damage to our business, yet we are still continuing to try to help the group. Their holiday was completely ruined and they all flew home early. We feel awful for them.
Robberies and thefts from villas, hotels, beaches and car parks are becoming a real scourge on this beautiful island, and it is shocking, frightening and upsetting to see the ramifications of it, both in the physical damage to the property and the devastation of the victims. These robbers just don’t care; they will destroy a house in minutes, trying to get what they want. As you all know, this happens not only in rental villas but in private homes and apartments. Many of my friends have been victims of burglaries and it is heart-breaking. Sadly, it could happen to any of us, either in our own homes or in properties we rent to holidaymakers.
While we are obviously very upset to have been implicated in the recent events, it is understandable that clients lash out and blame whoever they can. However, we are hopeful that from the exposure these horrible incidents have had, and the pressure we are putting on the police, who are now doing their best to help us, that maybe this criminal activity that could give Ibiza such a terrible reputation will be taken more seriously.
We really hope you will support us by sharing this post to anyone you feel it may be of interest to. I’m sure it won’t go ‘viral’ like other items online, because – let’s face it – it doesn’t have the same impact of a video showing devastated young holidaymakers, coming to terms with their destroyed villa and the ultimate ruin of their holiday.
Incidentally, it is our aim to see this group back out here, having a wonderful holiday in Ibiza. They may have been naïve in some aspects, but nobody deserves that.

As another angle to it all, this was a post on an Ibiza villa rental Facebook group by a key member of staff from Ibiza Villas 2000 shortly after this dreadful incident.

UPDATE ON RECENT POSTS REGARDING BURGLARIES IN IBIZA
I am sure many of you have seen the articles online and on Social Media implicating Ibiza Villas 2000 with the recent robberies in Playa den Bossa. It goes without saying that we had nothing to do with the robberies. We have operated our Villa Rental business legally and within the full confines of Spanish law for over fifteen years. We all live, work and pay our taxes in Ibiza and most of us have families raised here and children at school here. We are not in the business of robbing our own clients, causing untold damage to our business and ruining peoples holidays!
There are some key inaccuracies in the post currently being shared on Facebook, and we are in close communication with the parents of some of the group about this. The group were very young, hence why we are cooperating with their parents throughout this. Understandably, the group were very angry and upset, but the fact is that in one case the alarm was not set and in the other, the house had not been secured correctly. Even despite the detailed advice we provide our clients with, both before arrival and at check-in, many groups come to Ibiza to party and do not always adequately heed the advice given, or forget it as soon as they start to have fun.
We have alarms and safes for clients to use. All the alarms are connected to private security companies with First Responders who attend immediately. Obviously we also have the alarm records showing when alarms are armed and disarmed. All the alarms have back-up power sources, so they would still work in the event of a power cut.
We provide copious amounts of security information throughout the booking procedure, and in resort. However, worryingly, some groups still do not take the risks on board. Only yesterday, one of our team was patrolling the villas and came across four properties where clients had gone out and left windows – and in one case, a door – wide open. We can only do so much – we cannot hold clients’ hands day-in and day-out, throughout their holiday. When they rent a villa we give them all the advice and information we can, but it is up to the clients to follow this advice to protect themselves.
Playa den Bossa is most certainly being targeted at the moment. A nearby villa – not one of ours – has been burgled four times in a row. At first, the police were not being very helpful as they are so woefully short-staffed, but Luke, the CEO of the business, who many of you know, is now getting the help we need in tackling this issue. He is working closely with the head of the Guardia Civil here in Ibiza and also with the Policia Nacional. We had our own private security at one of the villas last night who saw three suspicious vehicles coming to the property throughout the course of the night. He got number plates, that are now with the police, and even chased one car down the road - no one can say we are not trying our utmost to solve this issue! We are hopeful that we are close to a break-through.
Meanwhile, Luke is communicating almost hourly with the parents of the client who wrote the Facebook post. They are beginning to accept that this was not our fault and that the fall-out from this, with the online references slandering our company are causing huge damage to our business, yet we are still continuing to try to help the group. Their holiday was completely ruined and they all flew home early. We feel awful for them.
Robberies and thefts from villas, hotels, beaches and car parks are becoming a real scourge on this beautiful island, and it is shocking, frightening and upsetting to see the ramifications of it, both in the physical damage to the property and the devastation of the victims. These robbers just don’t care; they will destroy a house in minutes, trying to get what they want. As you all know, this happens not only in rental villas but in private homes and apartments. Many of my friends have been victims of burglaries and it is heart-breaking. Sadly, it could happen to any of us, either in our own homes or in properties we rent to holidaymakers.
While we are obviously very upset to have been implicated in the recent events, it is understandable that clients lash out and blame whoever they can. However, we are hopeful that from the exposure these horrible incidents have had, and the pressure we are putting on the police, who are now doing their best to help us, that maybe this criminal activity that could give Ibiza such a terrible reputation will be taken more seriously.
We really hope you will support us by sharing this post to anyone you feel it may be of interest to. I’m sure it won’t go ‘viral’ like other items online, because – let’s face it – it doesn’t have the same impact of a video showing devastated young holidaymakers, coming to terms with their destroyed villa and the ultimate ruin of their holiday.
Incidentally, it is our aim to see this group back out here, having a wonderful holiday in Ibiza. They may have been naïve in some aspects, but nobody deserves that.
Thanks for that! I dont suppose you could send me the link to that original post? I would highly appreciate it

which "original post" ? you mean what the group - which got robbed - posted ?
or that strange answer from that company ?
It is a strange response, there is some good information in there but it points the finger at the victims a few times. And the part where they say it won't got viral like the original post sounds like they are bitter about the whole thing rather than sympathetic which they should be trying to come across like I think.

Lizzy H.
Several neighbours have been robbed last night. Port des torrent. Lock them bits up people the f***ers are everywhere

Andrea K.
I was robbed last week,cash, cards.. passport, driving licence, medical card residency card and more...every bit of identification I have!! McDonald's in old town! Apparently loads get robbed there

Lizzy H.
Several neighbours have been robbed last night. Port des torrent. Lock them bits up people the f***ers are everywhere

Andrea K.
I was robbed last week,cash, cards.. passport, driving licence, medical card residency card and more...every bit of identification I have!! McDonald's in old town! Apparently loads get robbed there
can i ask where you're getting these quotes from? I wanna do some digging

It is a strange response, there is some good information in there but it points the finger at the victims a few times. And the part where they say it won't got viral like the original post sounds like they are bitter about the whole thing rather than sympathetic which they should be trying to come across like I think.

The response started out quite normal and methodical and as i read on it just became more and more aggressive and bitter.
I know these accusations could hit them very hard and its horrible if they are genuinely not involved but i would still expect a bit more professionalism from them.
I certainly would never use them...

can i ask where you're getting these quotes from? I wanna do some digging

No need for digging, just face it. You and your group are doomed.

To prevent anything bad, travel like in the 60's.
No mobile phones, no Tablets, no Laptops, not any device with an USB-plug only some cash, travellers cheques, Passport and enough pot to cover the first days.

Just pay attention, meet all security measures and you will be fine. Most people being robbed are kind of begging for it.

McDonald's too?? Jeez how?

Unattended bags/handbags i presume.
Oppurtunist thieves are nothing new, some do it for a living others could spontaneously commit a theft for the first time because 'we' just make it so easy for them that its hard to ignore. Im in no way condoning theft but we have to help oursrlves and not be so naive.
If i ever get a bag, wallet etc stolen i will undoubtedly feel responsible to some extent because there will be a lapse on my part im sure, unless you get attacked or something obviously

I stayed in a IbizaVillas2000 property in Playa d'en Bossa 2 years ago, must be the same one as I'm sure they only have the one there. They certainly hammer home to you about the security side of things, showing you the alarms, telling you to keep windows shut etc.

Back