Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

I was paranoid about money, wallet the lot so just took out what I needed and practically danced with one hand in my pocket at all times (a pretty snazzy look if you ask me).

Loise M.
My 3 customers were robbed at Tropicana beach club yday. Locks were picked on the van. Boys returned only 10 mins later to find door open their belongings were thrown all
over the van and then they realised their cameras and laptop had gone.
Makes me so sad. These are professional
people on the island watching and targeting people. ☹️ when they went to the police 4 other people were there who had also been robbed from Tropicana beach club.?!

Cristina R.
2016 a year to forget about all this things ...
Absolutly terrible!

Alwyn R.
Ibiza is no longer paradise

yup it's nasty with robberies this year, but...

Loise M.
My 3 customers were robbed at Tropicana beach club yday. Locks were picked on the van. Boys returned only 10 mins later to find door open their belongings were thrown all
over the van and then they realised their cameras and laptop had gone.
Makes me so sad. These are professional
people on the island watching and targeting people. ☹️ when they went to the police 4 other people were there who had also been robbed from Tropicana beach club.?!

so you're an agent or a concierge (and therefore seem to be an ibiza expert, or at least you think so), but you don't tell your customers not to leave ANY valuable belongings in the car? seriously?

A robbery in the uk means that someone has been assaulted or threatened to be as part of the theft. Are we talking about theft or burglary or are people being robbed ?

A robbery in the uk means that someone has been assaulted or threatened to be as part of the theft. Are we talking about theft or burglary or are people being robbed ?

theft then. sorry, I wasn't aware of that detail. thanks, one never stops learning!

in most cases it's theft, then burglary in houses when people are out or asleep and only in very few case it's an actual robbery.

Anyone unfortunate enough to have their phone stolen make sure you report it to your network provider within 24 hours. Interesting and grim story here about what the criminals are sometimes after, not your phone but your SIM card: http://d.gu.com/M23TMj

It wasn't an issue with your understanding of said subject but I keep reading the word "robbery " in these articles and it makes it seem a hell of a lot worse.

I'm from the U.S. and robbery here means literally taken with use of force/violence. Agree with ya.

Money belt should arrive tomorrow. Between that and being city folk myself I'm hoping to avoid any major issues - keep your head on a swivel at all times.

One of the Prok & Fitch boys had their bag nicked from hotel storage the night after their gig at Amnesia on Sunday

Can't believe someone can walk into a hotel, ask for the key, get it and walk out !
unbelievable all this sub"human" scum. f*** them all.

Prok & Fitch
Please help me try and find this guy who stole my bag and left me in Ibiza with nothing. All my music, projects, valuables, and sentimental items gone!! P.S. we've added some new beats, at least the c**t didn't steal them!

so 99.99% another inside job:

Kelly M.

I am posting this message on behalf of myself and the 11 other people who visited Ibiza with me this summer. We were all hoping for one of the best weeks of our lives, however, on the second night of our stay at Villa Garcia- playa den Bossa, owned by 'Ibiza villas 2000' we were burgled and the villa was completely trashed. Around £9,000 worth of items including our money, laptops and clothes was taken from us. Before leaving for our night out we checked numerous times if all of the doors and windows were locked, however, when we returned, at around 5am, some of the windows and doors were wide open with no signs of forced entry.

When we first arrived at our villa an Ibiza Villas 2000 representative came to collect tax payment and warned us that 1 of the companies 35 villas across the island gets burgled daily. With this knowledge there seemed to be no extra safety precautions put into place such as locked gates or cameras to prevent this.

The Rep also told us not to put our money in the safety deposit box as it was an obvious place for possible burglars to search.
She encouraged us to hide our valuables in unlikely places such as microwaves, in pillow cases, in the oven etc. My boyfriend and I still intended to use the safety deposit box, however, despite using following the instructions exactly the safe would not lock. The 11 of us had to then think of various hiding places for our valuables.

On the night of the robbery the villa experienced a power cut. The electricity box that was located in the living-room wouldn’t work so we then had to phone the maintenance man who was with us within 10 minutes. To turn the electricity back on he had to use the electricity box situated outside of the front gates of the villa. We couldn't understand why that would be located there. There were some doors and windows which needed a key to open, which we hadn’t received, and were locked on arrival. These particular doors and windows were open, when we discovered the burglary, with no signs of damage or forced entry made to them. None of the villas own belongings or furniture were damaged or taken, including the television, stereo and DVD player which came with the villa. We thought this odd as we had our stereo and laptop taken.
We went to the Villa 2000 office talk to the representative, from the first day, about our misfortune. Her sympathy and apologies did not seem to be sincere as she treated the situation as if it were just another day at the office. After hours of dealing with the police, and finally getting a crime number with some hope we could receive a claim from our insurance, we all booked the next flight home. We did not feel safe there. The villa was surrounded by wasteland and just a few buildings over the road meaning it was unlikely that there were any witnesses. There was a campervan parked outside the villa all day and we had also noticed people watching the villa through the bushes and trees. At this point we cared more about our health and safety than the belongings that were taken.

One of our biggest mistakes was not checking online reviews before going as we found that this had happened to many other tourists who booked with villa 2000 in Ibiza. The stories we later read matched ours almost perfectly, with second night robberies, a power cut that night, no signs of breaking an entry, none of the villas belongings being taken or damaged and were told to hide their money in strange places.

When at the police station there was another group of people who had been burgled a few days previously who had also booked with Villa 2000. They had been robbed a second time, the night before, as they had decided to stay in the villa instead of going home. Their stories were suspiciously similar to ours. We had forgotten to set our alarm the night of our burglary, however, this other group had remembered to do so. Their alarm was deactivated from the electricity box situated outside of the gates. With this in mind, if we had activated our alarm, due to the accessibility of the electricity box any burglar would have easily been able to deactivate it. The twelve of us staying together had paid a £50 deposit each, in case of any damages made to the villa, which we are still trying to recover!

The main reason behind this post is that we want to make people aware of these situations and encourage people to thoroughly investigate the company they’re booking with when going abroad and check as many reviews as possible.
I would highly recommend taking a travel card or your bank card instead of cash and rethink taking valuable and sentimental items.

Ibiza was still an incredible place and the two days we did have there were unforgettable. I feel so lucky to have had such an incredible group of friends who stood by one another and supported each other throughout this horrific time. We are already looking to go back as soon as possible to finish what we started. We will not let this experience ruin what the amazing island has to offer. :)
If you could please share this to make as many people as possible aware I would be extremely grateful. Thank you

I've booked with this company for 10 of us, what the hell should i do?

Back