Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

Awful stories. Definitely some trouble in paradise.

Unfortunately, Ibiza is like any other tourist resort where criminals thrive. They prey on tourists in the streets, in hotels, clubs beaches apartments and villas.

^^
I've been to Cuba twice, Mexico, Miami, Thailand etc. I've never experienced any threat of robbery in those places. I wonder which other resorts he's referring to where criminals thrive.

That f***ing villa company is in on the robberies!!!

seriously sounds like you need a security person to stay behind and watch over your villa while out and about!

seriously sounds like you need a security person to stay behind and watch over your villa while out and about!
often exactly these people (or friends of these people) are the ones doing the "inside job" ! actually you can trust nobody.

can´t find the post, but last year the brother of the owner of a security company from ibiza did the burglaries in the villas were his brother had installed the alarm systems before !!

some villas you only can rent with (mostly underpaid ?) staff like caretaker, "concierge", cleaner etcpp. some of them want to make some extra "pocket money" ...

When I was out last month I didn't notice and dancing Romanians is san an, what are they is dancing their tactic of bamboozaling you?

leading vacation home agencies give their customers security measures against theft

"As you know, in Ibiza it has been an increase in the number of burglaries in homes. Unfortunately, they have recently experienced several of our guests and homeowners ... "So begins a message sent to customers by one of the most important in the European online market for holiday accommodation rental estate agents.

The burglaries on the island
transcends beyond Eivissa and are being felt in the international rental market.

"Unfortunately, there are people who love the island and came every summer but have stopped coming. I had a British family coming for several seasons but after two steals in the last two summers, this year have told me not to come to Ibiza, "says the newspaper of Ibiza and Formentera the owner of a holiday home in Sant Carles .

The wave of robberies suffered last summer and the succession of burglaries recorded this season has led to the cancellation of many holidays "of people who were fixed Eivissa."

At this juncture, one of the leading groups in the tourism sector through the Internet has launched a campaign of recommendations for bag customers, mainly from the Benelux and Germany.

Thus, the group informs its customers (tenants and owners) on measures to be taken against the action of criminals. In this sense, they recommend using safes to protect objects of value.

Another neighbor of Sant Joan owner of a vacation home notes that:eek: the Dutch market is one that has suffered most. "They are people with great economic potential :confused:looking for tranquility when you are on holiday and a pleasant stay begins with security. I've had clients who rented the house for two weeks and, despite having it paid, left the third day after suffering a robbery, "he said.

In recent weeks there has been a surge in burglaries isolated island, many rental homes have been raided with its inhabitants inside. "Last year I suffered robberies with two different renters. Both times were in weekend coinciding with the time they had gone out to dinner. Now, unfortunately, th
ese people alreadyare hit at any time and with people inside the house, "he lamented.

http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas...-clientes-medidas-seguridad-contra-robos.html

them dutchies again o_O ;) ...

There just a disease those Romanian thieving fcukers.. if a beautiful
italian speaking/italian looking girl comes over all friendly on the beach
just fcukin deck her on the spot..she not over to rob your Heart its your phone and everything else by the looks of it..:evil: oh she wil pretend to be from italy..millan usually..and she will be beautiful..:confused:
did she take all your stuff or just the phone :?::lol::twisted:

Wife got her phone stolen out of her bag at creamfields on Friday! Ruined the night and put us off going anywhere else as she only has it 3 months and now needs to pay £500 to buy out of her contract to get another phone! Heartbreaking stuff! She had it out taking a video, put it into her bag for a dance and literally 1 min later looked down to see her bag open, checked and surprise surprise no phone....pretty sure we know who took it but security at space said there's nothing they could do, we reported it at the kiosk but there's no doubt it's gone as it had been switched off etc

Wife got her phone stolen out of her bag at creamfields on Friday! Ruined the night and put us off going anywhere else as she only has it 3 months and now needs to pay £500 to buy out of her contract to get another phone! Heartbreaking stuff! She had it out taking a video, put it into her bag for a dance and literally 1 min later looked down to see her bag open, checked and surprise surprise no phone....pretty sure we know who took it but security at space said there's nothing they could do, we reported it at the kiosk but there's no doubt it's gone as it had been switched off etc
Sorry to hear that.

Check your house insurance small print to see if you are covered. Never know you might be (alternatively will your travel insurance not cover it albeit with an excess)?

Sorry to hear that.

Check your house insurance small print to see if you are covered. Never know you might be (alternatively will your travel insurance not cover it albeit with an excess)?

Unfortunately not, our travel insurance had gadgets as an additional option which we didn't take :(

We will definitely check our house insurance when we get home, I've only just discovered this thread as someone mentioned it on another...never had any trouble in 10 years of coming to Ibiza but having that happen was seriously disheartening! Live and learn eh?

sorry to hear, but when will people learn that a woman's handbag is NOT a safe place for a phone when out clubbing?
I guess in some countries or venues it is but a harsh lesson.

This thread definitely reinforced the need for me personally to remain vigilant at all times when out and about - even when walking about.

What a sad thing to hear :(
Had my phone stole out of my (tight) jean pocket in a busy bar in england a few years back, think it must of been protruding out slightly, absolutely knocks you for six.
I literally never take my phone clubbing in ibiza and only carry enough cash on me, wont take the risk of any scrotes ruining my trip

It's a shame it come to this as for obvious reasons a phone is handy if you need to tell your pals if you are leaving early (;)) or if there has been a change in plans and are separated.

That being said I didn't take my phone out a couple of nights because I guessed I could live without it for a few hours (I managed for 20 odd years without one).

Back