Top tip: Watch out for pickpockets at all times

Daughter is over there now and her friend just had her purse nicked in DC10 surprise surprise.

Having had my phone nicked there last year and this happening this year, it's bleeding OBVIOUS that there is a professional pickpocket ring operating at that club. Why is nothing being done about it? Does no one care? Has law and order completely gone to pieces over there....?

Ian D

Overcrowding and a bunch of distracted spangled people - it's a combination which must be irresistible for sticky-fingered types. Sorry, but if you don't secure your stuff in a very difficult to reach place you're pretty much asking for it.... and as for jewellery being ripped off people in Ushuaia - well that's what happens when you run around flaunting bling in Playa d'en Bossa. Tone it down and look like you've nothing worth having and life gets so much easier.

Overcrowding and a bunch of distracted spangled people - it's a combination which must be irresistible for sticky-fingered types. Sorry, but if you don't secure your stuff in a very difficult to reach place you're pretty much asking for it.... and as for jewellery being ripped off people in Ushuaia - well that's what happens when you run around flaunting bling in Playa d'en Bossa. Tone it down and look like you've nothing worth having and life gets so much easier.

Yep, all agreed but the above isn't acknowledging that there is a basic problem of a professional pickpocket team in DC10. This is something that's been going on years by the looks of it, yet there doesn't seem to be any appetite for dealing with the problem. This is not the fault of the customer or the fault of holidaymakers who want a nice holiday without the added stress of having their valuables stolen. It's a basic question of law and order, especially when there's professional teams of thieves on the loose and operating with impunity at many of the venues. These incidents are doing nothing for the image of the island.

Yep, all agreed but the above isn't acknowledging that there is a basic problem of a professional pickpocket team in DC10. This is something that's been going on years by the looks of it, yet there doesn't seem to be any appetite for dealing with the problem. This is not the fault of the customer or the fault of holidaymakers who want a nice holiday without the added stress of having their valuables stolen. It's a basic question of law and order, especially when there's professional teams of thieves on the loose and operating with impunity at many of the venues. These incidents are doing nothing for the image of the island.

It's not just DC10 though, it's all the clubs. I was pickpocketed in Pacha about 5 years ago and they basically told me that there were organised gangs that go in to the clubs specifically to rob people. It's been a massive problem for years and I don't see how it can be stopped really, imagine the resources that would have to go in policing it, it would be constant, and for not much reward. Same with the prostitutes I think. You move them along, then what? They/others just come back.

they don't even care about people having drugs, so for the robbery who care? :lol:
for ushuaia it's quiet surprising...

i forget to tell that it was a nightmare when goin to the police to complain & they dont give a shit, waiting for more than 4hours in the hall b4 having an interview => 7hours spoilt ibz summer 99 :rolleyes:=>case dismissed
Policia don't care about tourists it's a matter of fact, u r just a mobile purse :lol:.

Last edited:
It's not just DC10 though, it's all the clubs. I was pickpocketed in Pacha about 5 years ago and they basically told me that there were organised gangs that go in to the clubs specifically to rob people. It's been a massive problem for years and I don't see how it can be stopped really, imagine the resources that would have to go in policing it, it would be constant, and for not much reward. Same with the prostitutes I think. You move them along, then what? They/others just come back.

You boot 'em off the island surely? But what you say is true. Essentially there's been a huge breakdown in law and order on the island and the authorities have a complacent attitude towards protecting holidaymakers. A big shame. They will probably only do something about it when it's too late. It's heartbreaking for me since I've been going to Ibiza since the 1960s and it's turned into something that's ugly and the diametric opposite of what Ibiza used to be about. C'est la vie I guess......

Released with charges :mad: for those arrested for the burglary in Ibiza
The prosecution did not request prison :spank: for the five suspects stealing in numerous cottages

The head of the Court of Instruction No. 2 of Ibiza, Jose Espinosa, yesterday guard duty, he decreed last night bail on charges for the five detainees accused of integrating a gang dedicated to stealing in cottages on the island. Among those arrested was an officer of the Civil Guard ...

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/multimedia/fotos/local/2016-07-30-66177-pasan-disposicion-judicial-cinco-acusados-robar-casas-campo.html
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2016/07/31/juez-deja-libertad-cargos-cinco/857829.html

What a joke!
The guardia civil agent is free and BACK TO WORK

Por otra parte, el agente detenido se reincorpora hoy al servicio activo, informó la Comandancia de la Guardia Civil al no haber de momento base para mantener su suspensión disciplinaria.

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuse...obos-viviendas/858358.html?platform=hootsuite

Alessia O.
My mum and her friend were robbed this morning. Everything stolen: money, documents, car and home's key. This just another happened. No more a place for peace and love, every day more and more anger in the air, disparity and stress.

I keep you in my heart, dear island, but you are no more the place to be.

What has worked well in London at some places is searches on the way out. If police or security were bothered then a quick search of those that look out of place get searched. More than 1 phone etc then questions

Sadly I don't think anyone really cares

Teen students left penniless in Ibiza after 'knife-wielding burglar' steals £9,000 cash, jewels and clothing from villa

The group of 16 students, all aged 19, had been saving throughout the year for their dream holiday

• The group of 16 students, all aged 19, had been saving throughout the year for their dream holiday
Teenage-students-on-holiday-in-Ibiza-lose-%C2%A38000-worth-of-luggage-after-villa-broken-into.jpg

The devastated teens were left penniless by the heartless burglars

A group of excited teenagers enjoying their first ever holiday in Ibiza were left devastated when more than £9,000 worth of their money and belongings were stolen.

The 16 students were left distraught when a ruthless burglar slashed their suitcases, snatching €10,000 (£8,500), cameras, jewellery, club tickets, clothes, perfume and shoes.

The students, all aged 19 from Timperley and Altrincham in Greater Manchester, were out clubbing when the yob broke into their building in the Playa d’en Bossa area on the evening of July 24.

The suitcases were slashed open to get inside, suggesting the lone burglar was carrying a knife.

An-Ibiza-Villas-2000-property-in-Playa-den-Bossa.jpg

The Ibiza Villas 2000 property in Playa d'en Bossa

When they reported the incident to police they met another group of friends staying in the Ibiza Villas 2000 complex and discovered they had been burgled on the same evening.

One of the victims, Jack Elliott, from Timperley, said: “They came into the house and slashed into our cases. They took €10,000 cash from everyone, cameras, clothes, shoes and bags.

“It’s the first time we have all gone away together. It was really scary.”

Jack and his friends reported it to the police in Ibiza and are now making claims through their holiday insurance to get the money back they had spent all year saving for.

Luke Peppe, owner of the travel company, claimed the villas get targeted up to five times a year and added there are problems in the area with gangs targeting vulnerable tourists.

He told the Manchester Evening News: “To give you an idea what we are up against, a gang was arrested in San Antonio that included a police officer.

“Unfortunately, Ibiza is like any other tourist resort where criminals thrive. They prey on tourists in the streets, in hotels, clubs beaches apartments and villas.

“We have found a camp at the back of the villa where the thieves must have been hiding and we have also found foot prints up the side of the house where they must have climbed onto a balcony.”

Luke added: “I feel awful for them because they saved for months and they turn up and get robbed, it is really unfair.

“We have a page on our website dedicated to security. We have free information to give out and posters up on the wall.

Playa d’en Bossa is an absolute hotspot at the moment, with gangs operating in the area."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teen-students-left-penniless-ibiza-8546444

http://www.noudiari.es/2016/08/un-g...joyas-y-ropa-en-una-casa-de-platja-den-bossa/

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad to see how things are going :-(

Playa d'en Bossa seems to have become the worst place to stay...

so 99.99% another inside job:

Kelly M.

I am posting this message on behalf of myself and the 11 other people who visited Ibiza with me this summer. We were all hoping for one of the best weeks of our lives, however, on the second night of our stay at Villa Garcia- playa den Bossa, owned by 'Ibiza villas 2000' we were burgled and the villa was completely trashed. Around £9,000 worth of items including our money, laptops and clothes was taken from us. Before leaving for our night out we checked numerous times if all of the doors and windows were locked, however, when we returned, at around 5am, some of the windows and doors were wide open with no signs of forced entry.

When we first arrived at our villa an Ibiza Villas 2000 representative came to collect tax payment and warned us that 1 of the companies 35 villas across the island gets burgled daily. With this knowledge there seemed to be no extra safety precautions put into place such as locked gates or cameras to prevent this.

The Rep also told us not to put our money in the safety deposit box as it was an obvious place for possible burglars to search.
She encouraged us to hide our valuables in unlikely places such as microwaves, in pillow cases, in the oven etc. My boyfriend and I still intended to use the safety deposit box, however, despite using following the instructions exactly the safe would not lock. The 11 of us had to then think of various hiding places for our valuables.

On the night of the robbery the villa experienced a power cut. The electricity box that was located in the living-room wouldn’t work so we then had to phone the maintenance man who was with us within 10 minutes. To turn the electricity back on he had to use the electricity box situated outside of the front gates of the villa. We couldn't understand why that would be located there. There were some doors and windows which needed a key to open, which we hadn’t received, and were locked on arrival. These particular doors and windows were open, when we discovered the burglary, with no signs of damage or forced entry made to them. None of the villas own belongings or furniture were damaged or taken, including the television, stereo and DVD player which came with the villa. We thought this odd as we had our stereo and laptop taken.
We went to the Villa 2000 office talk to the representative, from the first day, about our misfortune. Her sympathy and apologies did not seem to be sincere as she treated the situation as if it were just another day at the office. After hours of dealing with the police, and finally getting a crime number with some hope we could receive a claim from our insurance, we all booked the next flight home. We did not feel safe there. The villa was surrounded by wasteland and just a few buildings over the road meaning it was unlikely that there were any witnesses. There was a campervan parked outside the villa all day and we had also noticed people watching the villa through the bushes and trees. At this point we cared more about our health and safety than the belongings that were taken.

One of our biggest mistakes was not checking online reviews before going as we found that this had happened to many other tourists who booked with villa 2000 in Ibiza. The stories we later read matched ours almost perfectly, with second night robberies, a power cut that night, no signs of breaking an entry, none of the villas belongings being taken or damaged and were told to hide their money in strange places.

When at the police station there was another group of people who had been burgled a few days previously who had also booked with Villa 2000. They had been robbed a second time, the night before, as they had decided to stay in the villa instead of going home. Their stories were suspiciously similar to ours. We had forgotten to set our alarm the night of our burglary, however, this other group had remembered to do so. Their alarm was deactivated from the electricity box situated outside of the gates. With this in mind, if we had activated our alarm, due to the accessibility of the electricity box any burglar would have easily been able to deactivate it. The twelve of us staying together had paid a £50 deposit each, in case of any damages made to the villa, which we are still trying to recover!

The main reason behind this post is that we want to make people aware of these situations and encourage people to thoroughly investigate the company they’re booking with when going abroad and check as many reviews as possible.
I would highly recommend taking a travel card or your bank card instead of cash and rethink taking valuable and sentimental items.

Ibiza was still an incredible place and the two days we did have there were unforgettable. I feel so lucky to have had such an incredible group of friends who stood by one another and supported each other throughout this horrific time. We are already looking to go back as soon as possible to finish what we started. We will not let this experience ruin what the amazing island has to offer. :)
If you could please share this to make as many people as possible aware I would be extremely grateful. Thank you

Villa stays = a thing of history. You'd be better picking up a shovel on the way from the airport and burying everything in places around the surrounding area than leaving it in those properties. Hardly a recipe for a relaxed holiday. Just back from Menorca and people there are still leaving their car windows open when they go off to the beach. Only thing is I probably spent as much there as in Ibiza the week before !

my last time in Ibz I carried everything with me, all the time. In a manbag., much to the wifes disgust!

Managed to avoid the pick-pockets this year, although there were definitely a few shady types I saw hanging around, especially in places like Ushuaia during the day when it's more obvious.

Rules of thumb I'd say is to:
- only take as much cash as you need - leave all cards/wallets in a safe or a locked bag at your apt.
- Wear a money-belt if you have to take cash/cards with you

Back