Solomun + 1 2016

For those of you in London, this looks pretty tasty:

13938017_10155132803558712_391183378082452448_o.jpg

For those of you in London, this looks pretty tasty:

13938017_10155132803558712_391183378082452448_o.jpg

Wow mental. So much good stuff on in London this winter. Will be interesting in GSSW, decent space but needs strong line ups in both rooms. After party at Lightbox will be messy.... 2pm finish ?

Report from last night....

Not sure where to begin with this one. I only caught last 45 minutes of DJ Koze as assumed Solomun was on at 03:30 and not 03:00. Another Pacha rule.... Never assume set times and even when you know them never trust them! DJ Koze had been on since 00:30, so slightly gutted I never got more. He built up pretty well to Solomun, and had the place boiling along nicely.

So have been going to this night since 2013, so probably been to 15+ over few years. Firstly, Pacha was very busy again. I'd imagine some people would have been frustrated if standing in the wrong place (as they always do). I only see Pacha on Friday & Sunday's so no idea what Guetta busy is, but like Insane/Vagabundos on Friday this place was packed. Even the Global Room and & Funky Room all opened up to form part of the main room.

Pretty German crowd (as you'd expect) which always makes for a brilliant night. For me I thought Solomun played one of the absolute heaviest sets I've heard him play, and one of the heaviest sets I've ever heard in Pacha. Of course he makes it a bit more "accessible techno" at times, but as the crowd were feeding off it so much he was full on techno for quite long parts. Absolutely smashing it. He could have been playing the Space Main Room at times. I was pretty into it when he dropped "Church Of Nonsense" by Daniele Papini. Showing my age here, but not sure I've heard that been smashed out since the more minimal Monza or Meganite in 2008/9!

Sometimes I'm not always massive on the B2B part, and not heard these two together before, but were both in the same place last night so again superb.

If you chart the journey of this night, I don't even think it's actually reached its peak yet, which is kind of scary terms of just where he's going. And when you look at the fact he has Richie Hawtin coming up, I'm not sure Richie will hold back if he has a crowd like last night. My only slight concern (and I hope I'm wrong), but slightly scared he may even be outgrowing Pacha. But with his Destino and Ushuaia dates too, hopefully he will stay in that room as he owns it.

One last thing, that sound system when you're in the middle of the floor gets better and better every year!

I actually can't wait to go now after reading this.

I'm going to the Hawtin night. I've noticed in some of solomuns sets he has almost been playing techno, borderline. Then seen he was lined up with Hawtin. After this post I hope they hammer it out.

So many good lineups for the +1 at pacha. Interesting how you say he is getting bigger than pacha now. He has grown so much over the past 4 years. With the Cox Space departure things could get really interesting for Solomun on Ibiza.

Please stop calling him solly you people who are, that's like a dog name lol

They should be banned by all clubs on safety grounds.

Once saw a burd rip her foot open in Space and there was claret everywhere. Not a very pleasant sight.

I wore sandals to every event in Ibiza for 2 weeks and didn't have any issues except for some peeps here and there who stepped on my feet. I did that last year too. And I'm sure security is happy I'm showing my feet so they know there's no weapon there or contraband.

Let me be free!

I am considering attending the 11th Sept date with Solomun and Mano Le Tough. I have never seen Solomun or Mano before. The essential mix by Solomun was very good which is one of the reasons I want to see him play. I am not a huge techno fan and when I do listen, its more on the harder/darker side. I am trying to justify the price and if I should go. Any thoughts?

I am considering attending the 11th Sept date with Solomun and Mano Le Tough. I have never seen Solomun or Mano before. The essential mix by Solomun was very good which is one of the reasons I want to see him play. I am not a huge techno fan and when I do listen, its more on the harder/darker side. I am trying to justify the price and if I should go. Any thoughts?

if you liked the EM, go. it's honestly pacha's best night by a mile and I've hardly ever spoken to anyone who's left that night unhappy. and I've spoken to quite a few ;)

Oooh i didnt realise Sollybobs was playing with Mano, I arrive on the 11th as well, wanted to see Mano for ages, went to Enter with the wife to see him on the terrace, i assume he came on at 3am-ish, made the mistake of saying to the wife ''not sure what time we are going to get back'' - she said ''i want to go now''- it was 02.45.... cheers love, so is an option for the first night.

Back