Should I stay in Figueretas?

portugzMTL

Been a veeeerrry long time since I've posted! I went in 2008, and loved it, and I'm FINALLY COMING BACK :D
Can't even hide my excitement online... lol

Now, the original goal was to stay in Ibiza Town once again, loved it last time... But I found a really nicely priced apt. in Figueretas on Carrer de Galicia. Will I be disappointed by the switch of location? Should I stick to my original plan. This apt. is less than half the price of the one I found in Ibiza Town. I've been reading, and reading, and reading but I'm desperate and don't know what to do.

I want a solid balance of partying hard/beach time/good eats/culture!

Thanks!!

Situated nicely between Ibiza town and PDB if you don't mind a walk or happy to pay a short taxi fare.

How much taxi fare are we talking? How long of walks?

I've heard Figueretas lacks a bit of the whole Ibiza Vibe you feel everywhere else? It's well, dull I've heard..

How much taxi fare are we talking? How long of walks?

I've heard Figueretas lacks a bit of the whole Ibiza Vibe you feel everywhere else? It's well, dull I've heard..

It has a decent beach and a nice promenade. It may lack the glamour of ibiza town or the madness of pdb but its still a good place to base yourself, unless you have a hire car as parking is a nightmare.

15 min walk to PDB. Bit longer over hill to Ibiza town. Around 8 euro either way in a cab? Someone else may be more accurate

... I've heard Figueretas lacks a bit of the whole Ibiza Vibe you feel everywhere else? It's well, dull I've heard..
you heard right. :twisted:

at least when you intend to rent a car then avoid figueretas at all costs because you will waste half your precious ibiza-time searching for fckng parking ;)

Not planning on renting a car. Don't mind walking abbot or cabbing/bussing if necessary. Thanks everyone. I'm still on the fence... not sure if I pay half in figueretes or simply stay on the port once again!! I just can't make a decision...

Depends what you like. I personally love Figueretas as its close enough to the clubs/bars in PDB/Ibiza Town but not too close. It's a much quieter vibe than PDB and Ibiza Town but I prefer that in the day times.

You can walk into PDB fairly easily - its quicker and more interesting taking the beach route than the road and there's plenty of places to stop on the way to grab a drink. Bear in mind if you're going to do that walk several times a day though it does start to get tiring.

There a decent selection of restaurants in Figueretas (certainly better than PDB) but not the quality or selection of Ibiza Town but again you can walk into Ibiza Town fairly easily.

The one downside is we've found it difficult to get a cab during peak times but, apart from that, its thumbs up from me.

The one downside is we've found it difficult to get a cab during peak times

Never had any trouble getting one from the taxi rank opposite Bar Cosmic, just up from the seafront.

As said, there are enough places to eat around there when you can't face venturing too far - it's really improved in the past couple of years for food, especially on Carrer d'Astúries where a good pizzeria and Mexican have opened up in the past year. Plus you can easily walk to Ibiza Town and to PDB. The beach isn't the best but it's fine for chilling out and you can easily get a bus to Salinas.

Figueretas is amazing?!? less than half an hour walk to Playa d'en Bossa or Eivissa. Cheap restaurants next to you. Direct access to the beach. Half price for hotels. Sorry, but that's my kind of happiness.

So after much deliberating, I it's Ibiza Town.

Deciding factor was having home base near the terraces/bars of Ibiza Town would make things much simpler after a day in Platja D'en Bossa... much less annoying I think to trek from beach or aqua bus, get to the room shower/relax and have everything right at your doorstep... rather than having to taxi or walk after your all ready to go once again.

It was my original choice, and loved it when I first went... so I think that will do! Thanks for the help, and I'm fully open to anyone trying to convince me otherwise! lol

Depending on where in Ibiza Town you are, you can also get the aqua bus to Talamanca which has a much nicer beach than Figueretas.

actually both beaches suck badly.
probably the worst beaches in ibiza ... (besides swimming in the harbour maybe)

Back in 2015:

TALAMANCA – A sewage leak at Talamanca beach yesterday meant authorities were once again forced to close the beach to bathers.

Again in 2016, beach had to be closed.

Back