Restaurant reviews

Even when Tapas is full, you can usually get a table after a short wait (and have a drink whilst waiting outside).

I’d also add:

Es Mirai (best pizzas & lovely garden setting)

Es Pueto (lovely & very reasonably priced seafood literally on the water by the Bay. Very popular with Spanish workers we know)

Que Pasa - The original Bay restaurant

just (another) shout out to Que Pasa? First time at The Egg location. Went here straight after El Cielo closing as I was starving. Ordered the buttermilk chicken burger and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best of its kind I've ever had. It was so good, the whole team went back early afternoon the following day to eat again and sort our hangover out. The chicken shawarma loaded fries are also a god send

Just lovely people too

just (another) shout out to Que Pasa? First time at The Egg location. Went here straight after El Cielo closing as I was starving. Ordered the buttermilk chicken burger and I'm not exaggerating when I say it was the best of its kind I've ever had. It was so good, the whole team went back early afternoon the following day to eat again and sort our hangover out. The chicken shawarma loaded fries are also a god send

Just lovely people too

Such a spot! The chicken tikka flat is my absolute favourite. San An specials too are incred. Jerk Chicken and the Pad Thai

Which beach chiringuitos / restaurants similar to Flotante & Es Pueto (ie good fish & vegetarian dishes but not crazy prices) which are still open this week would people recommend?

Needs to have decent vegetarian dishes (although even omelette / patatas bravas fine) as well as good fish.

fish shack, el chiringuito de pou des lleo , el Carmen , thé restaurants in benirras ( except Élément , over priced and not good ) cala vadella , sa trinxa …

fish shack, el chiringuito de pou des lleo , el Carmen , thé restaurants in benirras ( except Élément , over priced and not good ) cala vadella , sa trinxa …
Thanks - good list. Although last time I went to Fish Shack (2016) it was just fish and only salad / bread for vegetarians.

Coto in San Rafael: What a gem! Here everything is right. The amount of detail they put into decoration! This wonderful garden. The DJ playing lounge music and quiet disco. And the food! We had the mix of appetizers for two, which consisted mainly of fried stuff. And then the mango duck! Man, was I full! They even got valet parking.

Vinyl Burger San Jordi: Meh, that burger tasted really bad :/ No sauce, just pure meat and salad, basically what you would get at any gas station. Terrible, dry potatoe wedges to go with it. Can't recommend.

Coto in San Rafael: What a gem! Here everything is right. The amount of detail they put into decoration! This wonderful garden. The DJ playing lounge music and quiet disco. And the food! We had the mix of appetizers for two, which consisted mainly of fried stuff. And then the mango duck! Man, was I full! They even got valet parking.

I discovered Coto for the first time last week, expecting it to be over-priced and a bit pretentious, yet was pleasantly surprised.

It was a Sunday evening and not that busy, but the vibe was nice and the music exactly what was needed after a heavier night! The friendly staff said Friday / Saturday was a lot busier and you needed to book.

Compared to the likes of Bambuddha (which the decor has a similar feel to) and Sunset Ashram, etc the prices weren't bad and I enjoyed their mixed sashimi and a couple of lovely spiced margaritas. Obviously not as good value as my favourite Es Tanco over the road but for a special occasion or with friends / family who are visiting, it's a lovely place to visit.

I went to Sanan Thai in San Antonio on my last full day on Ibiza, having overslept the hotel breakfast and needing a quick brunch before hitting the beaches.

The menu was quite long, but I just ordered a simple beef fried rice (number 21). The prices were very affordable. I also asked the staff if it was OK to drink fresh pressed orange juice I brought with me, and it was OK! I left them extra tip for that...

They brought free prawn crackers with a dip to my table (not sure why - the menu lists a price for them), and soon a plate with fried rice appeared, and it tasted just divine. I had tried Asian food on Ibiza several times before and hated it every time - there was either too much local influence over it, or they did it way too fancy and it was no longer authentic. This place cooked it perfectly.

Bye bye hotel buffets and KFC - Sanan Thai will be THE place for me to have non-fancy meals in San Antonio. And they have quite an extensive menu for me to eat through 😍

o.jpg o1.jpg

Back