Random tunes dropped in a set

Inner City - Good life immediately springs to mind.

Yes. For me the 2 stand-out offerings were Donna Summer - I Feel Love and Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy

I was so up - I don't think I've ever been buzzin' as much as I was during that set. Unbelievable vibes.

Heard Solomun play a Justin Timberlake song & Jackmaster play a Lil' Wayne song..........

DJ alfredo played iggy pop's the passenger to close the sunset terrace in space a few years ago, what a moment

DJ alfredo played iggy pop's the passenger to close the sunset terrace in space a few years ago, what a moment
i bet that would have been a great moment. I'm loving all these responses and it seems that when one of these random tunes is dropped it always creates a feeling of it being something special which is always a great feeling when in a club. Rather than it just being and techno/ house set.

More than I could possibly remember, but two that spring to mind are Laurent Garnier at Shindig @ Digital when he played, not at the start or end of his set, but bang in the middle, Marvin Gaye 'Heard It Through The Grapevine' and Francois K @ Barbarellas a few years ago killing the music stone dead and dropping Jimi Hendrix 'All Along The Watchtower'. Mark & Scott used to generally end their sets as Lexington Avenue with The Clash 'Rock The Casbah'.

Tong live from Space one summer he finished with New Radicals - You Get What You Give
definitely worked as a closer

IIRC he played U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name the following year

as for curveball sets - aren't we all still waiting for Boiler Room to release the Grimes set?

One that springs to mind for me is Ellen Alien DC10 main room playing some really dark techno and then out of nowhere Kraftwerk - The Model starts ringing out...she was going mental in the booth. Happy days!

For me, it'll always be Danny Tenaglia's last BE closing party at Space (someone help with the year?) when he dropped a remix of REM's Losing My Religion around 7:30 or 8 in the morning. :cool:

Tong live from Space one summer he finished with New Radicals - You Get What You Give
definitely worked as a closer

IIRC he played U2 - Where the Streets Have No Name the following year

as for curveball sets - aren't we all still waiting for Boiler Room to release the Grimes set?

both stunningly good sunday terrace sessions!

Yes. For me the 2 stand-out offerings were Donna Summer - I Feel Love and Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy

I was so up - I don't think I've ever been buzzin' as much as I was during that set. Unbelievable vibes.

Major flash back of I Feel Love! :D

You're not wrong about that mate. It was the end of a very hectic 6 days for us. Before getting into Space, I was probably ready to go home, but by the end of Cox/Fancuilli I was easily in the mood for another 6!

Jeremy Healy opened his clockwork orange closing party 1999 set with Left field -Phat Planet. Not mid set obviously but it had been a trance fest for most of the night by that point and the change of pace was awesome.

Struggling to remember, think it was 2004-5 Space Terrace running 45 minutes past closing time and dropped 'Love Is In The Air'. Was just perfect. :)

Back