Random tunes dropped in a set

I remember Sven Vath playing Michael Jackson - Dont Stop at the end of a cocoon set. Also, think i heard solomun play David Bowie - Lets Dance in the middle of one of his sets.

Jason Bye dropped Depeche Mode - Just cant get enough sunset terrace, full daylight at We Love in 2008/2009

(full fans blowing with the mist turned on which i have not seen in ages)

If my night MUFF takes off, then I may drop this about 5.30am (approx) or when the sun is just rising.

Oh and by the way if you think that set was good look up tale of us from the same ngt. They followed plex on the terrace and picked up where he left off but in my opinion managed to somehow upstage him. I wasnt there but listening to both sets on soundcloud anyone that was there that ngt was treated to a once in a lifetime experience on a dance floor.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out for sure. I've not seen TOU yet... but that will change this coming Saturday!

Seth Troxler played this in his set at Gashouder, Amsterdam 30/12/2014. I had seen him a few months before in the sub club and wasn't that impressed but he wiped the floor with everybody as gashouder! Unreal.

The Prodigy - Smack My Bitch Up:

Jason Bye dropped Depeche Mode - Just cant get enough sunset terrace, full daylight at We Love in 2008/2009

(full fans blowing with the mist turned on which i have not seen in ages)

Job Jobse played a depeche mode track a few weeks ago in the sub club. Was splendid! Can't remember what it was, it's been driving me insane.

Think I mentioned it at the time, but Circo Loco Main Room last September. At the end of Acid Pauli's set - just before Sasha came on - he played the full version of "Caravan Of Love" ..... One of those moments that shouldn't work but did!

The best DJs play the best music, irrespective of age, genre or popularity. Does it have a groove? Can people come up to it? Would say santana - jingo work after some tribal record? Would giorgio moroder the chase work after steve poindexter work that muthafuka. Damn right it does. The art is in getting some familiar tunes on to whip up the crowd but not going down the wedding cheese route. People who play the same linear 4/4 tech all night can be so unbelievably boring. Mixing it up is more fun and more like a house party vibe. Everyone in the 'balearic' community worked this out at amnesia in 89.

I listened to scuba b2b george fitgerald boiler room set and they final tune was madonna vogue!

Coxy & Nic B2B Space Closing was littered with curveballs. And it's up there with the best sets i've ever experienced live.

Back