Mosquito bites

Exactly that pal. I dont wear if walking about daytime as its oil based but swear by it for a nighttime
Ordered a 3 pack 👍. When I was a kid I remember how horrible insect repellent was when we went on holiday. I never get bit in the UK and it’s always an afterthought when on holiday and I don’t like the idea of stinking of insect repellent. I really should care more though as I am allergic. Hope this works

I forgot to put a band on for Pikes on Sunday and got covered in (very itchy) bites - the mosquitoes are fierce at present and coming out earlier in the day. I was even wearing a friend's DEET spray and drinking G&T!

Verdict: The bands definitely work for me.

Joking aside though, is there a new bread about? This year they seem to come up more nasty on me (like I find more in the Eastern med usually), and they seem to stick around for longer and itch for longer.

Joking aside though, is there a new bread about? This year they seem to come up more nasty on me (like I find more in the Eastern med usually), and they seem to stick around for longer and itch for longer.
The bites I’ve had at home this year are on the Ibiza scale. They swelled up and a week later and they are still itching. Usually at home it’s a small red lump and a couple of days and they stop itching so much.

Asian Tiger Mosquitoes, apparently. Big bites on my legs.

My wristband struggled today & at Cova Santa.

The bites I’ve had at home this year are on the Ibiza scale. They swelled up and a week later and they are still itching. Usually at home it’s a small red lump and a couple of days and they stop itching so much.

Are you sure they were from a mozzie and not, say, a horse fly ? I detest horse flies, they inject an anaestetic when they bite so you don't feel anything and then when it wears off the bites can wake you up with the itching it's so awful - goes on for days if you don't use anything. The only upside is that whilst they're really persistent they are so cocky that if they land on you then you can smash them very easily without them flying away ... provided you see 'em first !

I was wearing gardening gloves mowing the grass and had my watch on - one of these things actually managed to get between the bottom of my gloves and the watch strap without my noticing earlier in the year until I spotted it buzzing around me - got bitten around 8 times along the edge of the strap, the little b****r ... this was honestly the best thing I managed to use for what followed >> https://www.chemist-4-u.com/afterbite-insect-bite-relief-pen-14ml?

Are you sure they were from a mozzie and not, say, a horse fly ? I detest horse flies, they inject an anaestetic when they bite so you don't feel anything and then when it wears off the bites can wake you up with the itching it's so awful - goes on for days if you don't use anything. The only upside is that whilst they're really persistent they are so cocky that if they land on you then you can smash them very easily without them flying away ... provided you see 'em first !

I was wearing gardening gloves mowing the grass and had my watch on - one of these things actually managed to get between the bottom of my gloves and the watch strap without my noticing earlier in the year until I spotted it buzzing around me - got bitten around 8 times along the edge of the strap, the little b****r ... this was honestly the best thing I managed to use for what followed >> https://www.chemist-4-u.com/afterbite-insect-bite-relief-pen-14ml?
It might have been a horse fly, although when I’ve been bitten by those in the past it did seem more painful. These were exactly like the bites I get in Ibiza, especially when I’ve been going to watch the sunset by Mambo.

Funnily enough I got one of those pens when I was in St Lucia back in Feb! I thought I’d lost it but discovered it at the back of the bathroom cabinet a couple of days ago. Bit late then but will remember for future use 😂

I did it!!! 12 days in ibiza and not 1 bite!! Never happened before, perhaps staying in Figueretes area instead of Bossa, the mounds of sea weed piled up on the beach, who knows but not 1.. Now as for the 2 girls in the airport who looked like they slept in a ditch eaten alive head to toe, l was scratching for them 😂🪰

Back