Mosaic by Maceo Plex at PACHA 2016

For me either Amnesia closing or Paradise closing, i can deal with the jostling and that alright but the missus hates it and there comes a time when i have to stop being a selfish git and telling her to 'let her hair down' lol.
Im not the best at getting through crowds though as im too shy, aware or polite not sure, any tips on getting through would be appreciated lol

I have to say I'd be very torn on this too...

I have been in all levels of busy during club nights both here and in Ibiza, but nothing was as bad as Elrow in the Discoteca a few weeks ago - it was an absolute nightmare to do anything but act like a sardine - almost killed the vibe for me and I had to get out of there. I can see how a dancefloor that's too busy just gets incredibly annoying, incredibly fast.

Having said that though, if I had the option of Cox's closing party or MOSAIC, I'd brave the crowds and do Space 10 times out of 10. The atmosphere will be electric, especially towards the end when it starts to dawn on people that this will be the last time they're in Space watching Carl... man, I'd give a LOT to be there for that.

Also, looking at the success of MOSAIC this year, I'd say it'll almost definitely be around next season with equally great lineups - and will probably be one of the go-to nights for most people, as Space won't be an option anymore (at least not in it's current incarnation!)

I'm making sure i go to Space while i'm there, just not for Carl Cox. Its funny because i go to football games regularly and have been to every Notting Hill Carnival since i was a kid but i'm fine with those. i think it helps on those that you have the view that you are stuck in a crowd and you need to get to the other side. thats ot an option in Ibiza on a busy night...its more "wait 3 hours and it will calm down".

On the other side, i got to Hyte at Amnesia last year and there were about 50 people there. The panic on my face having told my girlfriend that amnesia was my favourite club and had an amazing atmosphere. Thank god it filled up ha ha

I heard some good things from a few people that went this week both in terms of the music and the crowd, and it being busier. The line-ups from this point onwards look damn good too....

Dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to see him and think he will be amazing, i just dont cope well with Ibiza style crowds. I left Amnesia closing one year after 3 hours of being unable to dance and left Space closing a couple hours after they closed the car park and there were 45 minute long waits for a p1ss. think a lot of people are just more tolerant or used to it but i find it hard to properly relax and get in to the night so have learnt not to avoid those nights. Dont think it helps that the massively busy nights are the ones i have the highest expectations for, and then end up not enjoying them.

Not sure if this is still the case but when it was super busy I used to stand at the front just off of the dance floor to the right. Here you were out of the crowd but still got the speakers.

Listening to CC on R1 now. You need to get to that closing party. For me I think it is more personal to CC than Spaces official closing.

Busiest night I have ever been to was Cocoon closing. Elbows and sweat everywhere.

Yeah I saw the video with Maceo Plex and that failed sit-down/stand up thing lol. I've never attended Amnesia at that crowd level

I'm not a Carl Cox fan, but I've seen some BE AT TV vids and the sets seem pretty good admittedly. Kinda makes me I think I shoulda went to to one of those nights on my trip, but it woulda meant honestly not doing Formentera at all the next day. That B2B with Nicole Moudaber seemed rather special

For me either Amnesia closing or Paradise closing, i can deal with the jostling and that alright but the missus hates it and there comes a time when i have to stop being a selfish git and telling her to 'let her hair down' lol.
Im not the best at getting through crowds though as im too shy, aware or polite not sure, any tips on getting through would be appreciated lol
All I do to get through a crowd with the mrs is, walk with my arm out in front of me at waist height and push through and say excuse me. Never being too pushy though, find the gaps in the crowd

Last edited:
Back