Mosaic by Maceo Plex at PACHA 2016

Good to hear the feedback from MOSAIC has been largely positive. I saw Maceo Plex mingling behind the decks with Dixon and Solomun at the +1 last Sunday week (10/7/16)... sucks I had to make the decision between him and Carl Cox on the Tuesday night lol

If it's doing well though, I'll be checking it out next year for sure. Hopefully he'll have the same sort of guest DJ's he's managed this season.

MAceo after party @ Tox is free from 9.00 am to 1.00pm , ive asked to some french living in ibz, in a post where they publish a pic of his pack in front of Destino, a bloke that open the Art bar in ibz harbor , i forgot to ask if Maceo mixed there...
13529081_566768050170017_7989388640093987495_n.png

https://www.facebook.com/theartibiza/?pnref=story

Just noticed Axel Boman and Koze playing late August. Looking at flights over this might try and get a 1/2 dayer in for it

Just noticed Axel Boman and Koze playing late August. Looking at flights over this might try and get a 1/2 dayer in for it

Without sounding like I am doing their PR, there are some ridiculously good line-ups over the coming weeks

Anyone been to this? Might be tempted to side step CC to goto this.

Gutted that Koze is the week after but XDB and Patrice Scott sound like heaven. As well as Stephan Bodzin in the main room.

Funny cos Carl Cox's last year in what is now known as Space was my justification for booking the holiday ;)

Last edited:

I have and I wish I could post pics but the files are too large. It has nice dark artsy feel to it with the dancers and lighting they have setup. I went to the July 12th date with Len Faki, Bicep, and Maceo in the main room, and Fatima Yamaha and Jennifer Cordini in the prism room. I really liked the techno being played there from all artists. It was different from the norm...Bicep played some melodic fast techno stuff that I haven't heard really anywhere else for example and Cordini in the prism slowed it down with weirder experimental techno vibes sorta.

I'm a bigger Maceo fan than Carl Cox, even though Cox was one of the big DJs I saw in my early raving career, so the choice was easy for me. I personally really like how Pacha makes their nights special and that club has a cleaner crowd overall for it IMO.

Stuff like what Pacha does is why I'm missing Ibiza honestly. If only Toronto could make their nights as special as Mosaic. It honestly doesn't take too much work!

Last edited:
I have and I wish I could post pics but the files are too large. It has nice dark artsy feel to it with the dancers and lighting they have setup. I went to the July 12th date with Len Faki, Bicep, and Maceo in the main room, and Fatima Yamaha and Jennifer Cordini in the prism room. I really liked the techno being played there from all artists. It was different from the norm...Bicep played some melodic fast techno stuff that I haven't heard really anywhere else for example and Cordini in the prism slowed it down with weirder experimental techno vibes sorta.

I'm a bigger Maceo fan than Carl Cox, even though Cox was one of the big DJs I saw in my early raving career, so the choice was easy for me. I personally really like how Pacha makes their nights special and that club has a cleaner crowd overall for it IMO.

Thanks, I think this may be a winner though we'll see how we feel on the night.

How busy was it? Both in the main and the prism? We'll be there mid August so i'm pre-paring for the worse. Hopefully CC will take a load of people away.

Thanks, I think this may be a winner though we'll see how we feel on the night.

How busy was it? Both in the main and the prism? We'll be there mid August so i'm pre-paring for the worse. Hopefully CC will take a load of people away.

It was fairly busy but you could find your space. The upstairs patio was shut down and so was that room to the side of the main. Ppl were smoking in the prism room no problem, probably becuase Cordini was and prompted everyone else hahah. The bathroom upstairs was not busy at all

Reactions: PP

Gutted that Koze is the week after but XDB and Patrice Scott sound like heaven. As well as Stephan Bodzin in the main room.

Funny cos Carl Cox's last year in what is now known as Space was my justification for booking the holiday ;)

We are skipping the CC closing party to go to this! We did CC last year and it was great we only saw him for about 15 mins as it was so busy in the main room and the closing party wll be insane. I'm bad at coping with overly crowded clubs in ibiza so am taking the brave decision to miss one of the the biggest nights of the year (decade?).

I think your making the right decision..I have a rule with gigs,dj ect. If you have a great time seeing a band or dj chances are next time they can be shite...:) keep the good memories...

I think your making the right decision..I have a rule with gigs,dj ect. If you have a great time seeing a band or dj chances are next time they can be shite...:) keep the good memories...

Yeah I'm with you on that - had one of the best nights at CC a few years back. I know I'm in a different place now plus my other half isn't 100% into him.

always down to everyone's own opinion, but I'm not sure I agree on the specific case about not doing coxy closing and doing mosaic instead.

yes sure, it will be very busy, but as mentioned a few times already, it's basically super busy for about an hour from when he starts and then things slowly start improving and from about 5am onwards it's perfectly busy. also, the fact being coxy playing all night at his closing (meaning from midnight onwards), I think the start will be bearable, then it'll get packed for a while and then it'll go back to bearable again.

I am honestly not the biggest coxy fan neither, but the few times I've heard him this hear so far, he's been 100000% on point. seriously, there's hardly any more professional entertainer than carl around and he's been absolutely smashing it so far this year. realistically it's going to be mosaic's most difficult date of the whole summer and I personally wouldn't miss the last coxy bash for anything in the world. but that's just me.

Dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to see him and think he will be amazing, i just dont cope well with Ibiza style crowds. I left Amnesia closing one year after 3 hours of being unable to dance and left Space closing a couple hours after they closed the car park and there were 45 minute long waits for a p1ss. think a lot of people are just more tolerant or used to it but i find it hard to properly relax and get in to the night so have learnt not to avoid those nights. Dont think it helps that the massively busy nights are the ones i have the highest expectations for, and then end up not enjoying them.

Dont get me wrong, i would LOVE to see him and think he will be amazing, i just dont cope well with Ibiza style crowds. I left Amnesia closing one year after 3 hours of being unable to dance and left Space closing a couple hours after they closed the car park and there were 45 minute long waits for a p1ss. think a lot of people are just more tolerant or used to it but i find it hard to properly relax and get in to the night so have learnt not to avoid those nights. Dont think it helps that the massively busy nights are the ones i have the highest expectations for, and then end up not enjoying them.

understood. yeah you just have to get used to the nights being that busy else you won't be able to enjoy them.

Busiest night I have ever been to was Cocoon closing. Elbows and sweat everywhere.

Back