Is SanAn full of dick heads?

My mate nearly didn't make the plane back because he didn't dare move off the toilet in the airport lol
What I've personally found is the west end isn't a place for every one. I'd say try the west end and if it isn't for you there's still plenty going on in and around San An to keep most people entertained ;)

:eek: o_O

.. Whenever I mentioned to people at home I was planning on staying in San An, there was lots of sharp intakes of breath followed by nondescript horror stories about it being a "shit hole". ...

... San An ... The infamous "west end"
is just a street with some bars.
Busy-ish, some drunk British people,
and some tacky looking food outlets ...

PDB seemed a bit tacky to me,
a long flat strip of identikit hotels
mixed with touristy looking shops
and kebab places ...

lots of destroyed looking souls!

:twisted:

I walked past there the other year. Its a brave fool that goes for a spicy indian mid way through a week in Ibiza :eek:

Curry Club is great!!! I had one 2 nights in a row last October... :D

Nice and chilled sitting out in the wee garden area.... :)

The West End has changed this year. Much quieter and nowhere near as much rowdiness. Bar-clubs closing doors already !

For the price the curry club is worth a visit, and as mentioned the outside area is nice and chilled.

Definitely!!!! I love going there in middle October time as from the atmosphere you get it feels like the island is winding down and the summer magic is coming to an end of another year... :D

I used to go June or September. I prefer June. Not too busy and everything and everyone there is still fresh and up for good time.
September in the past felt a bit tired and sad that another year is coming to an end.
Either way I love the island. Some people get it and some don't. .
I feel this forum in general are the ones who get it :)

Didn't mean to wind you up mate!

I was just pointing out that people seem to bash San An and say that PDB is totally different in comparison.

I'm saying that most of the negative view of San An is due to the west end, which was fine in my experience.

I also thought PDB was a great place, the beach is lovely, and who could argue with Space, Sankeys and Ushuaia? But I don't get why it is touted as a major difference to San An, they're pretty similar places. Of course, if I was a millionaire I'd love a villa in the hills, but even then I'd still miss staying in the middle of the action, on both sides of the island.

When was the last time someone tried to pick your pocket in pdb? I see the extra couple of hundred quid I spend to stay there for a week as insurance against pickpockets.

When was the last time someone tried to pick your pocket in pdb? I see the extra couple of hundred quid I spend to stay there for a week as insurance against pickpockets.
Me and my friends were on the beach one night in PDB when 20+ teens came up and demanded everything from our pockets, luckily we got away. I saw a sucky sucky women hit someone with a glass bottle in PDB. I have seen equal violence either side of the Island.

Me and my friends were on the beach one night in PDB when 20+ teens came up and demanded everything from our pockets, luckily we got away. I saw a sucky sucky women hit someone with a glass bottle in PDB. I have seen equal violence either side of the Island.

Sex game gone wrong... :lol::eek:

^^ Have to agree - I still find the atmosphere in PDB has a nasty edge to it, even more so when you're not off your face and innured to what's going on around you. Had a really great trip this last few days but a notable exception was PDB. Stayed in Calo d'es Moro as usual, saw no trouble and felt no aggro at all in San Antonio.

By contrast, drove in to PDB on Wednesday and cut through Bora Bora car park towards the main road leading to Space. Had barely been in PDB 2 minutes before 2 girls and a guy sprinted in front of the car followed by some heavy bloke with a baton who proceeded to grab the girl by the hair and lay into her with the baton across the kidneys. Toughed it out to Sands and immediately felt aggro (relatively) on the way in, and also inside. Guardia Civil camped out everywhere in PDB but everything going on regardless. The taxi drivers in PDB are particularly arsey to anyone in their own car too, generally making life unpleasant for the rest of us.

After being told Sands had run out of red bull and had no substitutes (FFS) I exited sharply to get a drink elsewhere (up at Murphys as it happens) but going back to Sands was to a crush. tINI played a really good set (don't normally rate her) but the music / vibe just didn't compensate for the overall experience, and the poser factor was in multiples of what you see in San An. Too much roidy strutting about and pouty girls barging through with not much love or peace anywhere in evidence in Bossa ! Plenty of tINI-worshipping and i-Phones, but PDB (as ever) just felt degenerate, in a sterile kind of way. It really isn't my scene.

I think you're either super-sensitive to bubbling violence and tension or you aren't so attuned to it. If (like me) you're in the former category then PDB really can be a tough place to spend a night (outside of Space). I've zero desire to ever wind up staying there.

There is a poser factor in PDB for sure and Space ain't really a friendly club, but Sankeys has the most agreeable atmosphere of any club I've been to in Ibiza (which is why it often becomes my 'default' club). As I said earlier, bar my 1st ever trip to San An (& Ibiza), I've always felt an increasingly growing edge of menace there - pick pockets, people who can't control themselves, walking wounded, threats of violence. Never seen anything like that at all in PDB. (Sounds like the GC and some bouncers are the worst menace!) Did once have some coked up guy make some comments to try and start a fight with myself and I friend while walking past Figueretas one night, but that's the closest to PDB I've seen bother.

With the West End closing early and Gatecrasher not doing so well, what, realistically, is there to do on a night in San An anyway once you've witnessed the sunset?

Must admit i've never had any problems in San An and i've been going for 8 years now, like people have said the west end is the west end and it serves a purpose, everyone is bubbling in Ibiza and seen much worse around blackpool at night than ibiza so thats saying something!

I've never had any trouble in any of the times I've stayed in San An over the years or more recently PdB. I can usually see trouble coming a mile off and I've never ever felt uncomfortable or intimidated anywhere I've been in Ibiza in over 20 visits

Back