Is SanAn full of dick heads?

ZUKOSAURUS

Ibiza virgin here! Going in September with just me and my missus, neither of us have been on a clubbing holiday before. I didn't want to go to Malia or any shit hole like that for obvious reasons. I want good music, good drugs and good vibes. We're in SanAn cos it was pretty cheap.

Anyway, some people have said that SanAn is basically like going to Malia or another place like that. Is this true? Bit concerned that there is gonna be dick heads all over the place causing trouble. Obviously there is gonna be some of that like anywhere but is it generally positive vibes all round? If i was just goin with mates it wouldn't bother me.

I've been going for years and never had any trouble.

Everyones usually buzzing (it's ibiza, who wouldn't be!) and the atmosphere is awesome.

Wouldn't worry about it.

Last few years stayed in PDB. Before that went to San An (3 times) and it went progressively downhill - more pickpockets, idiots looking for trouble, dodgy characters and injured peeps with every visit. I think the cherry on top last time was a bloke walking around with blood pouring from his nose and when 2 girls went to comfort him, he said it was due to him nutting some guy. PDB much nicer atmosphere IME. Wouldn't say avoid completely, but you do need to watch out.

Just back from 10 nights in San an bay.......

Not many mongs knocking about at all......a rather pleasant experience..... A lot more mongs knocking about in any random uk town on a Saturday night

Plenty of TOWIE wannabes on parade.....,but you can't have everything

It's a wonderful place......don't worry

Just keep your wits about you, San an is a lovely town. I like the bay to, just avoid the westend and it's unlikely you'll see much trouble. But the westend is the westend it can be a good night and as said far less idiots then a uk town night out.

As others have said, its no worse than any other UK city. Also the crowd is a bit older than the resorts like Malia, most likely due to how expensive Ibiza is. I'd say the average age is more 25-30 than 18-25.

It's not as bad as you think. I spent every night last summer in San Antonio and I thought the English were the most polite people there!

A good night out in San An. Everyone is on cloud 9.

Last edited:
That background noise is so familiar, makes me feel like I'm there walking through it watching that thanks.
Loving all the messed up faces :D

I've seen 2 scuffles, between pissed up lads and security gaurds (for trying to touch a stripper and not leaving a pr alone), both on my trip the week before last. Before that, I think in the other six trips, I never seen any issues whatsoever in San An.

Hmmm. Would be vaguely tempted to make a return to San An at some point, just to see if it's improved. ;) The west end throng is intriguing, but maybe not every night for a week; also got the sunsets and the Buddha bar. Maybe do a split week between PDB and San An next year. (Not so good about travelling around the island once I get into the party cycle - too much effort.) Not sure about altering my PDB booking for this year - would possibly cost me 2 arms and 2 legs to re-book new dates rather than just the arm and a leg it's already costing. :( At least San An is cheap accomodation-wise!

I love San Antonio but have mixed feelings over the west end. It serves a purpose and I do still venture in for the odd cheap drink or as a meeting place but I come to Ibiza to get away from that sort of night out. Only trouble I've ever seen or had while on Ibiza has been in the west end.

I feelfar more safe in San Antonio than most major cities in the Uk at 2 in the morning. Never found any issues whatsoever.

The west end is actually rather small and it serves a purpose of cheap drinking destinations. But you will find the overall feeling of joy and laughter rather than moody troublemakers.

There are plenty parts to San Antonio where you can find your level. Don't worry about it.

I am going back this year after and I am 34.

We're old now and not stayed in San An for about 9 years, but last year stayed in a villa/bungalow at the back of San An Bay as it suited our mixed group... we had a GREAT time there - loads to do and keep everyone busy, loved being close to the action but walkable to get back to 'our house' when we needed to. Discovered delightful Bucaneeros in the bay - amazing pints of vodka coke very cheap, good music, good meeting point. Do you know, surprisingly changed my view, and I agree with what someone said above, the age isn't 18 year olds as they are kind of priced out the market in Ibiza. Never seen that much trouble in Ibiza either, I agree with Fergi, I walk around in Ibiza and feel far safer than I would going out in my local city - and that is only Exeter ha ha ha. I've been going since 1995, and once a Spanish lad tried to pinch stuff out of my bag in Manumission that is it........ thing is as long as you are savvy you are onto a winner - but that goes for any summer holiday destination!! Enjoy!

I've stayed there twice on my own and never felt uncomfortable walking around on my own day or night. I'll be staying there again this year everyone is generally there for the same reason to enjoy them selfs.

Hmmm. Would be vaguely tempted to make a return to San An at some point, just to see if it's improved. ;) The west end throng is intriguing, but maybe not every night for a week; also got the sunsets and the Buddha bar. Maybe do a split week between PDB and San An next year. (Not so good about travelling around the island once I get into the party cycle - too much effort.) Not sure about altering my PDB booking for this year - would possibly cost me 2 arms and 2 legs to re-book new dates rather than just the arm and a leg it's already costing. :( At least San An is cheap accomodation-wise!

If you like the Sunset Strip & Buddah just get a hotel towards the back of the resort towards Cala Gracio beach, only a 10-15mins walk from the Westend madness, but a world away in terms of lack of noise at night, pavements that aren't vomit strewn etc and you don't have the cost/hassle of taxis/buses/ferries that you get by staying in the bay.

San An and the West End does get a bad reputation some times, but it's my favourite part of the Island, 99% of the people are up for a good laugh. I live in San An during the summer and DJ in the West End every night and I rarely see any trouble.
The best nights I've had have been in the West End, the people are friendlier and less stuck up than PDB and the big clubs.

If you like the Sunset Strip & Buddah just get a hotel towards the back of the resort towards Cala Gracio beach, only a 10-15mins walk from the Westend madness, but a world away in terms of lack of noise at night, pavements that aren't vomit strewn etc and you don't have the cost/hassle of taxis/buses/ferries that you get by staying in the bay.

The 3 times I've stayed in San An, my hotel has always been a couple of mins from Buddha.

The west end is still the main thing to do in San An at night (and does have some good establishments), but I think reading now about the early closing times, that's something else that would put me off now. :D Intrigued a bit by Gatecrasher now, but they'd need to put on some more line-ups to my taste to persuade me more to stay in San An.

@andyallwood - Space ain't terrily friendly, but Sankey's always has a nice vibe.

I often feel the vibe in PDB is simply 'flat', rather like the place itself. Never been a fan and my feeling about it never changes. San An has a much more colourful atmosphere and I agree with Andy people are on the whole out for fun.

Calo d'es Moro is the best balance between proximity to the action and getting a decent night's sleep in a vomit-free environment. It's got more popular and harder to get a room recently though !

Back