Is SanAn full of dick heads?

Calo d'es Moro is the place to be. I had a drink in the west end the other year for the first time in years and it was great for people watching, but wouldn't rush back.

Far more decent places to go to, Ibiza Rocks Bar, Itaca, Tulp and Bay Bar are all great places to spend an afternoon or night. Kumuharas, Golden Buddha, Villa Mercedes, the list of cool places is endless.

Playa Den Bossa is a shit hole with no atmosphere or vibe outside of the clubs. Plus I have lost two close friends who stayed in PDB and were never seen again. Second highest murder rate in the world I heard.

Calo d'es Moro is the place to be. I had a drink in the west end the other year for the first time in years and it was great for people watching, but wouldn't rush back.

Far more decent places to go to, Ibiza Rocks Bar, Itaca, Tulp and Bay Bar are all great places to spend an afternoon or night. Kumuharas, Golden Buddha, Villa Mercedes, the list of cool places is endless.

Playa Den Bossa is a shit hole with no atmosphere or vibe outside of the clubs. Plus I have lost two close friends who stayed in PDB and were never seen again. Second highest murder rate in the world I heard.

:eek::confused:

Ok

I came into the harbour of San Antonio and the first thing I remember was the peculiar sea smell. Well , I was in ferry and everything was nice. I remember finishing the last bit of Jude by tom hardy at the time. And the wave of huge flying swordfish I saw in the horizon ...it was awesome.

At the time i thought ...ibiza...it must be a magical isle. Really cool with loads of cool people and easy going extroverts.

Well!!!!
I docked off in San Antonio bay five minutes later. Looking at all of the English people and then went into a shop. An eroski.
What do I find???
Two flaming gay dudes fighting with the store owner ...like screaming and yelling and then both of them dropped their pants down. And mooned the clerk.
I was like...wtf!!???!
And then the clerk got so angry he chased after them . I was alone in the store for a good ten minutes.

I mean it was funny.

and then then then then clerk came back and i said: can i have a bottle of water, in Spanish.

My perception of the bay the day an a half I spent there...people really take risks. And the attitudes are different.

In the hostels and hotels I went, where i tried to ask for a room, some of the check in clerks were doubious of me. Thinking I was a decoy or had some sort of hidden plan. I mean i was sweaty and I looked dark...and well...a lot of people doubt that alone. And in learn that in San Antonio this happens frequently.

So I guess they thought I was trying to sneak someone into the hotel. I got dirty looks and more dirty looks. Lot of people drunk in the west end when I walked by. Some scuffles ...some were friendly and some were over petty stuff.
Overall. San an has its own charms...just like ibz town has its own.
I mean in ibz town they didn't think I was trying to steal a meal ticket or a room. But they kept on asking...why do you speak Spanish so well. ?

I just do. I am latino-canadian

But there is surely a lot of activity...good and bad ...pdb and ibiza town is just a diff vibe.

That is the point I am trying to make...everything has its own charms.
That egg is awesome..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been staying in San An for many years now. I have never encountered any trouble whatsoever. We now stay near to Cala Gracio and it's perfect for us. Close to fairly uncrowded beaches for the daytime and IMO there are so many more places to eat/drink than in PDB (and the sunset strip is there). To me PDB has a strange atmosphere. I've never liked going there other than to visit the clubs.

I like San An, always have done. There are quite a few muppets about, but as everyone else has said its definitely less pretentious than other parts of the island. I've little interest in the West End these days but I always like to swing by San An for a bit when in Ibiza. I'm not overly keen on PDB, even less so with all this upmarket caper going on. Figueretas is a good shout although parking is a nightmare.

Last edited:
I've been going for years and never had any trouble.

Everyones usually buzzing (it's ibiza, who wouldn't be!) and the atmosphere is awesome.

Wouldn't worry about it.

I'd have to agree with this, although I didn't spend much time on the westend. I'd normally head there for 1-2 drinks upon leaving the apartment before heading off. The first 2 nights we went to a couple of places and then randomly ended up in Eden. Didn't see any trouble. Everyone was just having a good time. I'd just watch out for the "lucky luckys".

They are called 'Looky, Looky' men as in 'have a quick Looky Looky at my fine collection of exceptionally cheap genuine Ray Ban sunglasses'

82 to say 89 was bad in west end at night.full off i ams.85 was the start of the football shirt mob.fights ever night.then there was the 18.30 bar crawls.why pay for that?.

Its definitely the place to go for vomit and plastic chair throwing but like everyone says there's good and bad there. Along the bay there are some really nice lounge/cocktail bars with very reasonable prices. You do see more trouble there because the crowd is generally younger but I wouldn't say it was dangerous. If your going for a chilled one I would recommend getting some transport. The island is stunning, I feel sad for anyone who goes for a week and doesn't get out and about

Went for the first time last year. Whenever I mentioned to people at home I was planning on staying in San An, there was lots of sharp intakes of breath followed by nondescript horror stories about it being a "shit hole". I had done some research on here and assumed they were wrong. They were.

We stayed at the Gran Sol, right by Kanya. Very quiet part of town, but still close to the action. Surprised at how small San An is, no-where more than a 10 minute walk away. The infamous "west end" is just a street with some bars. Busy-ish, some drunk British people, and some tacky looking food outlets, but no trouble, vomit or anything else horrible.

San An seemed quiet to me, but various people told me it was busy even for time of year. I suppose I was just expecting it to be more rammed everywhere. The clubs were busy mind.

My biggest surprise was arriving back from clubs at say 6am, having a few beers as the sun came up, and seeing teams of street cleaners descending on the place to keep everything nice and tidy. You don't get that in the UK!

PDB seemed a bit tacky to me, a long flat strip of identikit hotels mixed with touristy looking shops and kebab places. The beach is very nice, and that was just after one of the enormous storms we had, so I imagine it's even better in the sun. At night it seemed a bit rougher than San An, but this was after Sankey's at around 5-6am so perhaps an unfair judgement. No trouble, just lots of destroyed looking souls!

As for the looky-lookys, I don't see the problem with them. If you aren't interested, they leave you alone. I bought a pair of sunglasses from one guy as I wasn't paying £150 for the real deal. They look identical to a real pair of Wayfarers and I still use them now. Cost about a tenner, bargain.

I used to got to Ibiza every year for 10 yrs. not been in a while but going back this year. I have always stayed in San An. I'm not one for putting up with a shit hole and if it was that I wouldn't keep going back.
San An itself, is like most places us Brits go abroad.
I've been to Benidorm, Faliraki etc, but what they don't have is the diversity of music. Beautiful beaches that are a short boat or taxi ride away. (recommend Cala Salada by taxi or Cala Conta by boat).
Hire a car or moped and find Benniras beach as seen on Kevin n Perry go Large, which I saw them filming one year.
They don't have the sunset strip where if you wait around after sunset you get to see world class DJs do an hour set before they hit the big clubs.
San An can be a nice cheap place to stay while you spend your money and time on enjoying the whole island :)

Last edited:
I think it depends on what you class as atmosphere. its more lively in San An as in louder, crazier etc. But on the whole people are in less of a state in PDB. The PRs are less pushy and everyone doesn't seem hell bent on getting as smashed as possible.

The bars mentioned previously Itaca, Bay Bar etc are all really nice, i would recommend them, just maybe avoid the West End.

I agree ibiza isn't the west end, but there's some really nice beach bars and clubs there.
I'm staying in San an bay this time so going to have a mooch for something different. Plus if you want something nice to eat I recommend Tijuana if you like Mexican and Capricci's for Italian. Stay clear of the curry club tho lol

Back