Ibiza Taxis

Okay, so I just landed after midnight after a 1.5 hour delay and no f***er could pick me up. So I joined the taxi queue that stretched back to departures. Thought I'd time it out curiosity.

Bollocks does it ever take 45 minutes. I was at the front and on my way within 15 minutes and that's personally the longest I've ever seen it

I was there from 19th-24th and have mixed taxi reviews. Landed at 1.30am, no issues at all getting one from the airport.
We stayed out near Port d’es Torrent and from Thursday to Sunday, trying to get through to Radio Taxis or to flag one down in the street from about 10pm-1am was very difficult. The rest of time it was fine though.

I've just come back, went 20-25th, getting a taxi from the airport was easy and we landed about 12:30 in the afternoon, so expected a bigger queue. We stayed in Den Bossa and Taxi's were difficult to get in the late evening though to Pacha and Music On, often tried to flag taxi's down coming into the area which some were happy to stop and other just shook their head. Second year in a row I have pre-booked a minibus (as was 10+ of us) to O Beach and Blue Marlin to make sure we wouldn't be struggling to get there and back, which I'd recommend people doing if they are considering it.

Just horrendous at Es Cana today. Waited 2 hours for a cab and nothing. Now having to get the boat to Santa Eulalia and try a cab from there. Boat is at 8pm

Never waited like this before. f*** knows what’s happening

Last edited:
Just horrendous at Es Cana today. Waited 2 hours for a cab and nothing. Now having to get the boat to Santa Eulalia and try a cab from there. Boat is at 8pm

Never waited like this before. f*** knows what’s happening
Well... Peak season, the island is totally over exploited at this time of the year, and it's worse year after year, more flights every year, more people...

Reading some horror stories on taxis!

Our flight home is at 11am on a Wednesday in September. We'll need to get a taxi via the hotel for around 8am, will this be a problem at this time from San An bay?

Our flight home is at 11am on a Wednesday in September. We'll need to get a taxi via the hotel for around 8am, will this be a problem at this time from San An bay?
No, just be sure that your hotel book it for you and make it clear its to go to the airport

the number 9 bus stops outside your hotel at about 8.15 every day in september and will get you to the airport for 9am for the low, low price of €4 per person. pay cash to the driver.

btw, from the airport you can pay by card at the departures bus stop as there is a bus company employee there with a machine and information about the buses.

Taxi report from our trip this week.....

- No problems getting taxis from outside clubs about 30 mins before close
- Short wait when requested from hotel, but nothing major
- Bit trickier trying to get one from the rank at the back of the PDB Hippy Market at about 11.30pm on Monday evening- took about 20 mins to get the three that we needed
- The illegal cabs are still sniffing around as ever
- Cards taken in all (legal) cabs

What are some example (rough) taxi fares reported this season?

Ex: San An to PDB, Airport to San An, Airport to PDB, PDB to Ibiza Town...

First time at Amnesia this September since (I think) 2014, so curious how taxis are? I have only every been in July and it was 9+ years ago, but recall taxis were never great later in he night at Amnesia. Is the taxi queue as epic as it once was?

First time at Amnesia this September since (I think) 2014, so curious how taxis are? I have only every been in July and it was 9+ years ago, but recall taxis were never great later in he night at Amnesia. Is the taxi queue as epic as it once was?

I always leave slightly before the end - and never had to wait more than 5 mins for a cab (if at all)

Back