Ibiza Taxis

Can you imagine the carnage? I’m not convinced E-Scooters hired by the minute in Ibiza is a good idea. Well not on a mass scale like Lime Bikes are in London. You’d end up with like 100s outside a club!
I was thinking more about navigating Dalt Vila without sweating on an e-scooter. Or going from the parking lot to the hotel in San Antonio. Scooters left in front of big clubs could indeed be a problem for operators though.

Only time we had trouble was trying to get picked up from the beach at the busiest time…called for a cab at 1930 outside Jockey Club yday and we were still waiting an hour later. We had similar at Cala Moli on Thursday, that was a good 45 mins. No issues at all otherwise.

Only time we had trouble was trying to get picked up from the beach at the busiest time…called for a cab at 1930 outside Jockey Club yday and we were still waiting an hour later. We had similar at Cala Moli on Thursday, that was a good 45 mins. No issues at all otherwise.
For Salinas beach its easier to go to the taxi rank rather than Jockey as its easier for the taxis to get there

now you can feel the peak season is coming up. this morning (12 noon) it took me a while until I got through to be able to order two taxis for a group. the wait wasn't too bad then once I had placed the order. but yeah, it's not as immediate anymore as back in may when it was super super quick.

TaxiClick still working well but recently have been getting some cancellations (annoyingly after a 15 min wait when they seem to be close by!).

Both times just ordered another which came.

But definitely leave extra time.

Last edited:
Hmmm, scrap what I said above - real issues getting a taxi today. Hopefully worse as it’s a (very hot) Friday as yesterday was ok.

Hmmm, scrap what I said above - real issues getting a taxi today. Hopefully worse as it’s a (very hot) Friday as yesterday was ok.
yesterday the system was down, the main office from Vigo (Galicia) had problems with their servers and took long time for them to fix it, we could see the pending services of the areas but we couldn see where they ordered the taxis

yesterday the system was down, the main office from Vigo (Galicia) had problems with their servers and took long time for them to fix it, we could see the pending services of the areas but we couldn see where they ordered the taxis

I had it a few times on the app that first an order was accepted and then suddenly cancelled by the driver. this is very annoying, especially if you think the vehicle is on it's way (you can actually see it on the map))

why does this happen?

Thanks for clarifying and hopefully it’s back up today. It’s a great app overall!

Much smoother yesterday (despite one cancelling again after a few mins). So only waited around 15 mins in total.

I had it a few times on the app that first an order was accepted and then suddenly cancelled by the driver. this is very annoying, especially if you think the vehicle is on it's way (you can actually see it on the map))

why does this happen?
About that i dont know about what other drivers do Stivi

Saw an Insta post showing big taxi queues at airport yesterday, saying it was a 45 min to an hour wait?

This wassss by someone who sells transfers tbf.

Sounds like the very same! Is he exaggerating? (I didn't think the heatwarming tale (a while back) of him randomly picking up some melting caners from the roadside, explaining the 'taxi situation' and giving them a free lift, probably wasn't purely a tale of altruism:lol:)

Last edited:
Sounds like the very same! Is he exaggerating? (I didn't think the heatwarming tale (a while back) of him randomly picking up some melting caners from the roadside, explaining the 'taxi situation' and giving them a free lift, probably wasn't purely a tale of altruism:lol:)
When I got in (~1600) there was zero line. Doubt it was real, or there might have been 5 flights land within 10 minutes and it jammed up for a bit.

Back