Ibiza closing weekend official thread

Obligatory fly in the ointment pre-travelling - lovely courtesy email from travel agent to inform us that our hotel is shutting earlier than anticipated due to low numbers and that we will be relocated to the Bay (!) They have kindly upgraded us to half-board though - how decent of them. Erm, no thanks. Could do without this headache, but never a dull moment eh.

Cant you cancel and re book?

Yeah, need to speak to them, but most likely the easiest option. But could be problematic if the refund isn't instantaneous.

I think this is a good question.

The Spotlight crew will quite rightly nearly always advise a pre sale ticket, but in this instance there is little information about tix bought from the Islands bars. Also the "pay on the door" situation as it may suit some people as the 9pm curfew (pre sale) seems a little early?

There are even different prices for pre sale on the main internet ticket sites (whether some of these can be cancelled up to the event like spotlight I have no idea?)

Could have done with more flexibility really on the pre sale tix to be honest, maybe even a pass out? Like Rik says, 15 hours in one club is a quite a long time!!

Can this be cleared up at all @stivi ?

erm...on which 'main internet ticket sites' did you find different prices? space closing started at 50€ and has gone up to 65€ about 10 days ago. this is the only ticket type you can currently buy and it has the in by 9pm rule. as far as I know, also the on-island physical tickets you can buy in the bars have the in by 9pm rule. so currently the only way to get into space later than that is buying on the door.

the in by 9pm / no passout rule isn't a novelty, but has been in force for a good few years already. I do understand everyone though saying it's a long shift at space. my advice would be:

- get into space at 7/8pm. enjoy the car park with the rest of the 10'000+ like minded people :)
- once car park closes (normally around midnight, sometimes a bit later), take it easy for a while. the rest of the club will get extremely busy for a few hours (just because of all the outside people streaming inside). so have a break (best places are el salon, premier etage, sunset terrace) and wait until everyone is settled into their new zone.
- normally the situation gets 'normal' again from about 4am onwards. this is when space closing starts to really getting good in terms of atmosphere.
- big meetup on terraza when king carl takes over the reign at 7am :)

see you there :D

Which one were you staying at??? I'm in Tarba at the minute here in San An (been here since 24th) but i check out tomorrow as we've rented a villa until 9th... But i'm on the island until 14th so my plan was to get another room at Tarba but when i got here on 24th they told me they close on 5th and don't open until April...

Shame as i always stayed here during my winter trips but the guy told me as the government buildings have moved to the mainland they don't have enough people staying in winter to stay open anymore...

Although he said he'll help me find another place in San An before i check out tomorrow otherwise i'll be living in a rental car for 5 days... This does sound quite interesting though!! Waking up in different areas of the island each morning and going for a swim in the sea at deserted beaches etc... Watching the sunrise on the North East coast!! :D

Hi guys,
2. Going straight to Amnesia ( ok probably I will take a shower as I will be at jet aptms :) ) waiting for Luciano set. Hopefully will be like the "Caminando 2010" most viewed youtube video. I got it closes around 12am.

In the last few years, Amnesia never closed before 16:00 (4pm). The last two years it always went until 18:00 (6pm). I think Luciano won't start before 14:00 (2pm).

3. English breakfast and a looooong nap to the evening. Dinner and Space before 9pm ( as per the ticket last time entering ). Here comes first question. I have read that club should close around 12pm. does it sound correct? If so, it means we need to stay in the club 15 hours to really get the closing time? How are you managing this, getting later the spot, leaving before the closing or hardworking?

just take it easy over the course of the night. relax a little in el salon, premier etage or sunset terrace. eat something! (pizza corner on sunset terrace). and yes, space will close approximately around noon time.

4. Sleep all over the day to the end of crazyness : Circo Loco.

they open at 16:00 this year - and this party is probably also running up until 12 noon on Tuesday.

Ok I am crazy I know, but there is any non conventional party on the island more than the clubs' parties? I have been in a great party in Playa comte Cueva last openings and I really feel like enjoying another one this year. Do you know anything about it?

I'm hearing there will be a solomun+1 villa afterparty on monday daytime.
I'm sure there will be a dc10 afterparty on tuesday afternoon/evening.

soo much partying in the next few days.

Finally packed.... We are getting picked up at 4:30am to go to the airport... So excited I could pop!

When will Privilege announce their line up?? Anyone heard anything?

Looking forward to seeing all the usual suspects :cool: And meeting some new friends from here too :p

When will Privilege announce their line up?? Anyone heard anything?

Looking forwa:prd to seeing all the usual suspects :cool: And meeting some new friends from here too

haven't seen or heard anything about privilege and have actually e-mailed them again about it just a few hours ago. basically supermartxé but I was hoping for something different in vista club - honestly not sure what to expect.

see you tomorrow night!

two updates for the closing party weekend gang:

amnesia closing - gets interesting from 3am onwards!
dc10 closing - oh yes there will be an afterparty!

sorry can't tell any more than this yet - am bound to secrecy for now.

two updates for the closing party weekend gang:

amnesia closing - gets interesting from 3am onwards!
dc10 closing - oh yes there will be an afterparty!

sorry can't tell any more than this yet - am bound to secrecy for now.

...after party of dc10 closing...

Finally here after what seemed like the longest flight known to man. Some absolute rotters on our flight. The worst kind of chav scum kicking odd with not much better chav scum! Feel like my ear drums were very close to bursting after having to endure numerous renditions of the Venga boys. Numerous warnings dishes out before we even took off and then near fights and arrests mid air. Not only were they on their own booze but clearly on the other as well! Anyway they are long gone (until out flight home apparently!! Yuk) so relaxing now with a sangria in the glorious Sun. Enter closing later. Have a good one guys! :)

Back