ibiza cars

but the problem is more global I think,what about new constructions,hotel,cruise boats,etc?...

absolutely yes. with the current success of the balearic islands the thought of putting a cap on maximum arrivals isn't that unrealistic. I'm not sure this will ever happen, but to protect the islands it might be the way to go.

I would be curious about the difference between the number of cars which are coming by boat and the number of rentacar...

absolutely yes. with the current success of the balearic islands the thought of putting a cap on maximum arrivals isn't that unrealistic. I'm not sure this will ever happen, but to protect the islands it might be the way to go.
Yes,when I see the increase of the airport year after year,where is the limit?

The consell just tweeted: "No, això no és cert. No hi ha ni restricció ni prohibició d'entrada de vehicles a l'illa"

IE I got my knickers in a twist about nothing

Don't worry,we heard about the control of the number of cars since decades...
Does it exist yet for the rentacar?
As posted some time ago, looks like this time they're seriously talking about limiting the number of rental cars!

In related news, access with car to Cala Salada will be limited from june 1st to sept 30th... About time they do the same in Las Salinas and Es Cavallet, after years and years of talking about it!

As posted some time ago, looks like this time they're seriously talking about limiting the number of rental cars!

In related news, access with car to Cala Salada will be limited from june 1st to sept 30th... About time they do the same in Las Salinas and Es Cavallet, after years and years of talking about it!
residents shouldn't be allowed to drive between june and september !
they can cruise around more than enough during wintertime :idea: :twisted:

I think its fair enough. JUst hoping it doesn't affect my booking for this September. When they talking about putting it in place? I think it would be fair if they applied it from next summer - the same with any ban/limit on foreign cars - but, I won't hold my breath.

They're just talking about it, it might or might not happen but obviously it won't be passed by september!

:oops: :eek:

that ridiculous hummer ultra-stretch-xxl-limo is back.
mostly parked near mare nostrum ...

Thinking about it, im fairly surprised there isn't already a limit on rental cars. They limit sunloungers/bali beds, taxi licenses etc. Is it the case rental car numbers are completely unregulated at the moment?

besides snakes who don"t belong to ibiza there is another invasion going on right now =》

"fake" vw vintage "hippy-style" campers painted with the usual "peace/love/harmony/whatever" bullshit).
mostly dutch owners who try to make fast €€€$$$€€€ with stag-parties etc...

"...
Expo-elèctric @ formentera (again)

34rayrd.jpg

... the island encourages this type of vehicle.
... currently exist on the island about 70 electric cars and electric bikes ...
enjoy certain administrative advantages like
- exemption from road tax,
- free access to loading points on the public roads and
- free parking in the Natural Park.

... an Italian firm said this year had developed a pilot program to provide electric vehicles
to a local rental company. the representative said that with the success of this experience
in 2013 will redouble efforts with more presence of this type of car.
Another German company also showed its range of cars and bikes, with great acceptance.

..."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/forment...comprometida-vehiculos-electricos/578691.html

premiere of the E(lectric)-MEHARI in formentera last week:

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/multime...-10-62218-nuevo-citoen-mehari-formentera.html

http://economia.elpais.com/economia/2016/06/08/actualidad/1465389250_505147.html

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/forment...osta-promociona-mehari-formentera/847817.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Formentera has 8,000 motorcycles and 1,500 rental cars

from the second half of this month prospective customers will have trouble finding car on the island unless you have previously booked.
As in the rest of the tourism sector, the season for rentals is good: "This year has started very strong, since the last week of May are working 10% more than last year,"
1% electric fleet
As for the presence of electric vehicles, said Verdera remains symbolic and calculated "1% of cars, motorbikes and there is only one brand that also moves, but come and go" depending on demand. It also has opened the market for electric bicycles, but emphasized that "it is not anything special and is more in low season and because the offer not because the customers ask," he says.

The delegate of Aevab even indicated that despite institutional efforts to promote electric vehicles is difficult to find suitable models.
As an example he said that the company that runs ordered several months ago 10 units of the new E-Mehari, which was presented last Wednesday in the Plaza de la Constitució in Sant Francesc, but Citroën they have not been sent, "they promised us for two or three months would provide us these cars and at the end, between one thing and another, have transferred cars a Consell and a hotel, which seems to me very well, but we've run out of cars. "

Verdera expressed dissatisfaction in this regard because it is convinced that these vehicles in Formentera "certainly succeed, but do not know what happened, have given us excuses and have canceled the order we did."
http://www.diariodeibiza.es/forment...quileres-locales-suman-8000-motos/847794.html

Any ideas which hotel has them for hire? I asked the whatsapp thing on formentera.es but just been told they've only just taken delivery. They didn't say who was getting the 6 cars.

o_O

Eivissa moved during the first quarter of 34,285 vehicles,
13% more than in 2015

Traffic vehicles shipped and unloaded in the port of Ibiza increased 13% during the first quarter compared to the same period of 2015
, according to statistics provided by Port Authority Balears.

Until March, the flow of vehicles on the docks of Vila reached 34,285 units,
4,461 more than a year ago.
Of these, 28,881 were for passenger vehicles duty,
11.8% more than in the same period of 2015 and
5,404 vehicles in solitary goods (rental or dealer),
which meant an increase of 19, 1%.

Among the means of transport that entered or left the port of Ibiza as commodities, 5,336 were for passenger cars (enrolled or not enrolled) 29 motorcycles, 28 special vehicles and 10 buses, which had to add a truck.
As for vehicle operations in passenger regime, during the first three months of the year they landed in Eivissa 15,787 cars, 1,084 motorcycles and 11 buses, 9.7% more than in 2015. The percentage increase in vehicles engaged in the first quarter: the dealers and 'rent a cars' reached the 1,013 units, 37.7% more than a year ago, and the 11,999 passenger vehicles, which led to March a rise of 15%.

More than 135,000 vehicles

With these figures, the fleet of the island in April exceeded 135,000 units
since 2015 the official number of motor vehicles circulating on our roads was 131,878.

The forecast for the second quarter is that these figures skyrocket, given the significant increase in tourist arrivals during the first months of the season.

Meanwhile, the fleet rental in Ibiza this season ranges between 12,000 and 15,000 units, according to estimates from the Association handled Rent a Cars of PIMEEF. Companies, especially multinationals, adapt their fleet to strong demand in the months of the season, so for the employers is difficult to quantify the figures.
This year we have opened new businesses in the island with the increase in tourism since April, hence the significant increase in the volume of vehicles shipped and unloaded in the port of Ibiza during the first quarter.

http://periodicodeibiza.es/pitiusas...trimestre-del-ano-285-vehiculos-mas-2015.html

Back