Hotel discussion thread

Hi all, looking for some advice regarding hotels in the San Antonio area. I'm taking my partner to Ibiza for his first time in the first week of October for some of the closing parties. I love staying in Talamanca/Figuretas and think we will do a few days in that area for 3 nights (probably Hostal Talamanca or Cenit) and then to show him another part of the island, was thinking to spend the rest of the trip on that side. I haven't stayed in San Antonio since my first ever trip in 2010 (Piscis Park!). I don't necessarily want to stay in San An itself but if anyone has any recommendations for any great hotels that is convenient for Pikes, the Sunset Strip and some of the beautiful beaches (let's hope for good weather!), it would be much appreciated!
For a number of years have stopped at either Gran Sol or Abrat, location is excellent and hotels are great. Found the Gran Sol breakfast to be slightly better than Abrat but the rooms, especially sea view are probably better in Abrat; either one a winner.
Blau Park, which is in between them both has a new rooftop pool which has just opened so that could be another option.

Is the "nün" the one next to the Spar? Former Restaurant Bar Cala Llonga respectivly something like "l'altre balagar" lately?
I saw this opened, but I didn't go there in May/June as this part of the cala is always windy and it is no fun to sit on the terrace.

I am not sure if this belongs to Hyde/Mondrian. As far as I understand they have acquired the former Cafeteria del Mar, which is the restaurant on the right, closer to the water. That was empty two months ago

Yes the old Balagar. I assumed it was Hyde / Mondrian opening that first while the hotels were running late. You could be right on the location then, again that one was still empty as of mid - late June. Work continues on the old La Cantina / Sol's which by all accounts will be an Indian restaurant.

Hi all, looking for some advice regarding hotels in the San Antonio area. I'm taking my partner to Ibiza for his first time in the first week of October for some of the closing parties. I love staying in Talamanca/Figuretas and think we will do a few days in that area for 3 nights (probably Hostal Talamanca or Cenit) and then to show him another part of the island, was thinking to spend the rest of the trip on that side. I haven't stayed in San Antonio since my first ever trip in 2010 (Piscis Park!). I don't necessarily want to stay in San An itself but if anyone has any recommendations for any great hotels that is convenient for Pikes, the Sunset Strip and some of the beautiful beaches (let's hope for good weather!), it would be much appreciated!
Pikes Hotel Is very convenient!

We're now in the Gran Sol after coming across from Ibiza town. Did it last year and was very impressed.

Location is great with a 2 minute walk and you can be in the sea at Calo Des Moro or having Sangria in Golden Buddha.

Stayed at both Abrat and Gran Sol and its a very tough choice, Abrat has the better seaview (for extra cost) Gran Sol slightly less walk to Town. If prices are similar id flip a coin :)

Prices seem to have hit an all-time high - Standard £750+ for a small room, Cubanito £600+

It's not sustainable unless you're travelling by yacht. Venues this week seem quieter too.

Something needs to change.

Sadly seems to be the case everywhere, been looking at a chilled week in the sun anywhere mid September when usually theres a drop in prices and prices are sky high, like £800 plus for a run of the mill half board anywhere in Greece, Spain, Portugal etc. Even the DIY Ryanair ones are doing the classic trick of cheap flight out, expensive flight to return grift.

Can honestly see poop hitting the fan soon when peoples mortgage deals run out and bills hit even harder, this cant go on surely??

I wanted to do a review on Hotel Galfi, as I stayed there mid August and can really recommend it. There are definitely things/ facilities that more expensive hotels have, that this did not, but I thought it was great value for money.

Firstly, I think it is great value for money. I started staying in San Antonio again after I found that other areas of the island were just too expensive for me.

I did book quite early and was wondering if it was a mistake with how cheap it was (not complaining!) as when I selected the same amount of dates later in August (I went mid August) for the same room, it was almost triple the price.

It is recently renovated. I will say that I never stay anywhere fancy, so I can see why some people might not agree with me, but I thought it was really good. It has a similar vibe to Can Beia if anyone has stayed there.

This is what I liked:
  • Breakfast was included
  • Never had trouble parking at that big empty lot right next to the hotel (and finding parking in August can be a pain!)
  • Affordable
  • Good size rooms with balconies
  • Pool with drink/snack service
  • Small hotel
  • Exceptionally friendly staff
  • There is a courtesy room. I had a flight at 1 am. I was able to store my luggage, then come back at 10 pm and use the room to have a shower before my flight

Last edited:
I wanted to do a review on Hotel Galfi, as I stayed there mid August and can really recommend it. There are definitely things/ facilities that more expensive hotels have, that this did not, but I thought it was great value for money.

Firstly, I think it is great value for money. I started staying in San Antonio again after I found that other areas of the island where just too expensive for me.

I did book quite early and was wondering if it was a mistake with how cheap it was (not complaining!) as when I selected the same amount of dates later in August (I went mid August) for the same room, it was almost triple the price.

It is recently renovated. I will say that I never stay anywhere fancy, so I can see why some people might not agree with me, but I thought it was really good. It has a similar vibe to Can Beia if anyone has stayed there.

This is what I liked:
  • Breakfast was included
  • Never had trouble parking at that big empty lot right next to the hotel (and finding parking in August can be a pain!)
  • Affordable
  • Good size rooms with balconies
  • Pool with drink/snack service
  • Small hotel
  • Exceptionally friendly staff
  • There is a courtesy room. I had a flight at 1 am. I was able to store my luggage, then come back at 10 pm and use the room to have a shower before my flight
I stayed at this hotel back in 2019. It was a real gem :) Great review!

Currently at the Occidental in Port Des Torrent and having a marvellous holiday. Only complaint it that the family room is too small, with only a small sink in the living/sleeping area.

The staff are great, particularly the entertainment team, and the kids and I have been kept busy with water polo, beach volleyball and football.

The food is good for the standard of hotel, and the bar and restaurant have alcohol free beer available.

Currently at the Occidental in Port Des Torrent and having a marvellous holiday. Only complaint it that the family room is too small, with only a small sink in the living/sleeping area.

The staff are great, particularly the entertainment team, and the kids and I have been kept busy with water polo, beach volleyball and football.

The food is good for the standard of hotel, and the bar and restaurant have alcohol free beer available.
There's always something with you isn't there.....? Moan moan moan......(!)

Have a cracking trip mate, know you've all been looking forward to it.

see you tomorrow old friend!

Back