Hotel discussion thread

Can anyone recommend a decent apartment/hotel? We are two 40 year olds - usually go for villas/airbnbs but the apartment hotels seem a bit cheaper. We will be clubbing but keen to also be able to sleep/chill and don't want to feel too old. Looking for around figueretes, near ibiza town.
Check out Hotel Cenit in Figueretas, it's awesome. I've stayed there maybe 6 or 7 times, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms, pool, terraza, food, and views are all top-notch. Needless to say, I'll be staying there again - in 3 weeks' time to be precise!

Anyone reviews for The Standard in Ibiza Town?
Not stayed in the hotel itself, just had drinks on the rooftop and that was really nice. Its a very nice hotel internally, staff seemed friendly. Food looked lovely also. Generally Standard hotels are very good, it would be a good choice. Location is very central and ideal for Ibiza Town

Check out Hotel Cenit in Figueretas, it's awesome. I've stayed there maybe 6 or 7 times, the staff are really friendly and helpful, the rooms, pool, terraza, food, and views are all top-notch. Needless to say, I'll be staying there again - in 3 weeks' time to be precise!
It's a great hotel. Perfect position to walk in to Ibiza town or Playa Den Bossa. I love that its in a quiet part too, plus the views from the pool are amazing.
I'm there for 3 nights in mid July

Anyone reviews for The Standard in Ibiza Town?
I stayed there in early November (after Pikes Halloween!) and really liked it.

The Junior Suite is a good size as we upgraded from the Superior King which we felt was quite small, especially for more than one night.

Get an upper (top floor) room and choose the side street so you still have Dalt Vila views but quieter. Although the street sweeper machine goes by earlier!

The Jara restaurant is excellent and love the rooftop terrace. The queen scallops are excellent.

They had lots of good DJs on but I think this is paused at present? The Wednesday night bingo (yes, really!) Blondewearingblack is fun and full of cool, stylish Spanish people getting REALLY into the bingo.

Think there are a few bits at Jara while we are there. Pipi one night and Robert Lodola on the Friday…hopefully check one of those out.

I stayed there in early November (after Pikes Halloween!) and really liked it.

The Junior Suite is a good size as we upgraded from the Superior King which we felt was quite small, especially for more than one night.

Get an upper (top floor) room and choose the side street so you still have Dalt Vila views but quieter. Although the street sweeper machine goes by earlier!

The Jara restaurant is excellent and love the rooftop terrace. The queen scallops are excellent.

They had lots of good DJs on but I think this is paused at present? The Wednesday night bingo (yes, really!) Blondewearingblack is fun and full of cool, stylish Spanish people getting REALLY into the bingo.
Good tips about the quieter side and bingo 😂 Bingo can get intense!

Oku:

Prices have gone up, pool is still amazing, pool food not so much, and more expensive than last year, when it was much better food.

Recommend staying if you get a deal as the facilities are good, even if the rooms are a little small - and they have DJs playing the pool some days.

What’s the Grand Palladium like now ? Missus wants to go and take our baby - I’m not keen on PDB but she keeps going on about the hotel since it’s refit ?

Has anyone seen the prices for the 2 new fancy hotels being opened in cala llonga this summer..
Cheapest is 720 euros a night excluding breakfast.
Am i reading that right.

This Mondrian / Hyde development was well behind schedule a couple of weeks ago. Still a mess. Now pencilled in for August opening which will be a stretch, but we’ve seen similar miracles happen in the final push. They added huge letters DRIAN to the facade one day. Not sure if MON were still in transit.

They have already opened a restaurant in one of the other premises they took over. It’s called ‘nün’ and very pricey which is no surprise really. It’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

The other new refurb is the 25 room Luna Casa in one of the former Dango blocks. It hasn’t started yet, but the old building is now vacant and currently sealed with some building materials scattered about.

Just back from a stay at the Hotel Gran Sol. I bloody LOVED it there. I felt completely safe as a solo woman, it was spotlessly clean, peaceful, welcoming and had great buffet breakfasts. it was the perfect place to recover and chill between club nights too. Thanks to everyone who recommended it!

What’s the Grand Palladium like now ? Missus wants to go and take our baby - I’m not keen on PDB but she keeps going on about the hotel since it’s refit ?
refit was still ongoing when I was at the white island in April..wasn’t great tbh and alot of hen and stag parties.

Good tips about the quieter side and bingo 😂 Bingo can get intense!

I really rated The Standard. Location is very central
so you are right near d’alt vila and the port and therefore loads of bars, restaurants, shops etc. The staff were great very attentive and friendly. Our room was very comfortable, we upgraded to the Supreme King which was quiet and comfortable - bed was great and bathroom etc all fit the price point. Roof terrace “Up” was very cool - sunbeds etc with a pool that is big enough to have a bit of a swim and cool down. Food and cocktails here also great…it was really buzzy in the evenings with people who were not hotel guests also booking tables. Jara seemed a bit quiet and they had cancelled the bingo etc but still had a dj Friday night…it wasn’t busy though. Breakfast was amazing - it was included in our room rate and was coffee, juice, eggs any style with jamon, manchego and avocado then croissants, bread with tomato and yoghurt/fruit…really set you up for the day and you could sit w outside in Vara Del Rey and watch the world go by. This was a treat for my wife’s 40th - we usually wouldn’t stay somewhere as nice as this but would be tempted to stay again if we had a deal or if we were celebrating another occasion..

Just had a week at the Sol Beach House in Santa Eulalia. Absolutely fantastic hotel with the rooftop bar and pool being my main highlight. Grounds are fantastic too. Definitely recommend

We stayed there in 2020 and really enjoyed it although felt the rooms varied hugely in terms of size, even when the same price.

There are lots of different room sizes & specs but originally, we were given a sea-view with a massive (unnecessarily large!) bathroom but small bedroom & tiny balcony.

After speaking with reception, we were moved to a much larger bedroom with huge balcony (with double sunbed) which was exactly the same rate and what we had been expecting.

So check and make sure you’re getting what you expected!

They have already opened a restaurant in one of the other premises they took over. It’s called ‘nün’ and very pricey which is no surprise really. It’ll be interesting to see how it all pans out.

Is the "nün" the one next to the Spar? Former Restaurant Bar Cala Llonga respectivly something like "l'altre balagar" lately?
I saw this opened, but I didn't go there in May/June as this part of the cala is always windy and it is no fun to sit on the terrace.

I am not sure if this belongs to Hyde/Mondrian. As far as I understand they have acquired the former Cafeteria del Mar, which is the restaurant on the right, closer to the water. That was empty two months ago

Hi all, looking for some advice regarding hotels in the San Antonio area. I'm taking my partner to Ibiza for his first time in the first week of October for some of the closing parties. I love staying in Talamanca/Figuretas and think we will do a few days in that area for 3 nights (probably Hostal Talamanca or Cenit) and then to show him another part of the island, was thinking to spend the rest of the trip on that side. I haven't stayed in San Antonio since my first ever trip in 2010 (Piscis Park!). I don't necessarily want to stay in San An itself but if anyone has any recommendations for any great hotels that is convenient for Pikes, the Sunset Strip and some of the beautiful beaches (let's hope for good weather!), it would be much appreciated!

Hi all, looking for some advice regarding hotels in the San Antonio area. I'm taking my partner to Ibiza for his first time in the first week of October for some of the closing parties. I love staying in Talamanca/Figuretas and think we will do a few days in that area for 3 nights (probably Hostal Talamanca or Cenit) and then to show him another part of the island, was thinking to spend the rest of the trip on that side. I haven't stayed in San Antonio since my first ever trip in 2010 (Piscis Park!). I don't necessarily want to stay in San An itself but if anyone has any recommendations for any great hotels that is convenient for Pikes, the Sunset Strip and some of the beautiful beaches (let's hope for good weather!), it would be much appreciated!
would recommend TRS and the bellamar.

TRS is a 10 minute walk to the sunset bars and roughly 5 to 10 mins in a taxi to Pikes (9 euro last year)

The bellamar is in the bay, 30 mins to the sunset bars, bit longer to Pikes but walking distance to bay bars and Tapas

Ibiza Gran Sol is an ideal San Antonio hotel for a low to medium budget, and Abrat also is a great hotel but a tad more expensive, a little further out than Gran Sol, but closer to lovely beach Cala Gracio (still very good location). Both are very close to promenade/sunset strip. And both an easy 10-15 min stroll to/from bus station.

Abrat has lots of great sea view rooms, although in mid july i found it too hot to sit out there in the sun as they are glass fronted, in September and October it would be perfect id imagine.

Id say both are for older, more mature holiday makers (late 20s + at a guess). Abrat a little livelier around pool from personal experience, but both nice and relaxed.

Pikes is accessible from anywhere in San An as its a taxi drive, about €10 from main rank in San An i think.

If after a bit more luxury, you have hotels like Amare in the bay, or Oku on other side of San An, very close to Cala Gracio beach.

Back