Hotel discussion thread

Hi guys, hoping for some advice.
Looking at coming with family next year (wife and 2 kids 13 and 8) for 2 weeks. Where do you recommend as a child friendly hotel/area outside of the 3 main party towns? I will dip in solo for a couple nights but in general we’re looking for nice beaches and cheaper vibes. wife and myself stumbled upon San Miguel on a drive this year and looked nice and also heard Santa Eulalia is nice? Any advice is appreciated. Mucha gracias

Santa Eulalia is great, nice promenade and beach and lots of bars and restaurants and easy to get to Ibiza Town by bus or ferry.

I've also stayed in San Miguel and it's nice for a chill but a bit too quiet for an weeks stay for me, plus it's a trek to the beach if your hotel is up the hill!

Looking at coming with family next year (wife and 2 kids 13 and 8) for 2 weeks. Where do you recommend as a child friendly hotel/area outside of the 3 main party towns? I will dip in solo for a couple nights but in general we’re looking for nice beaches and cheaper vibes. wife and myself stumbled upon San Miguel on a drive this year and looked nice and also heard Santa Eulalia is nice? Any advice is appreciated. Mucha gracias
Doesn't really matter where you stay if you're going to bounce out.

For the fam, there's lots of places that will fit the bill. Would reco the North side of the Island if you want to keep it chill. #Jimmiz

Might as well start here:

Paradiso Hotel - It's OK. The pics online do NOT do it justice. And I mean that in a negative way. Pics online, and vids, etc. are all SUPER saturated. What you think is pink is really washed out salmon/pink.

Honestly, that's fine for me. I was a bit disappointed when I got in, but it wasn't the end of the world. First actual encounter was with a gecko who ran into my room as soon as I showed up. Meh, whatevs... I was absolutely wrecked after 24+ hours of travel and needed to crash.

I opened the door and passed out quick. The room was meh, super basic and wanna-be insta. Again, whatever, not a problem. Honestly annoying that all I had was weird colored bulbs for lights, but not really an issue.

The bed was comfy and did it's job. I woke up after a quick 3 hour power nap and was gone until the next morning. Repeat for the next couple of days...

I didn't really explore the hotel until day 3 or 4. I essentially passed through the halls and hit my room. The room was outside, under another room, BUT not next to anything else - which honestly was awesome. I NEVER had any issues with noise, or people.

Day 4 I finally hit up the pool. I had a pool adjacent room and it was great. 10/10 recommend a room next the pool if you can manage it. Can't tell you how many times I needed to use the bathroom or mix a drink and just hopped to my room (fyi this is 4 years of island exp talking, plus 20+ years in vegas/hawaii/etc. talking). I ran into some Brits and got chatted up, was fun in the pool.

FYI - the pool is tiny. The beds are way small, and SUPER plastic. But that seems to be Europe in general. Not a huge issue, just know what you're getting into. FYI - if you go to the states, there is no limit to towels, or beds, or anything. They want you at the pool and know you will spend money. Europe seems different, maybe just me exp.

The pool was nice, small, but satisfying.

I got hit up multiple times by the sunglass gal, not great, but whatever.

Would I stay there again? No. But, that's because I had already done it. Should you? Maybe. The area is solid. Good food, extra-curriculars, etc. Area is safe, quiet, lots to do. Room was good, bed was solid, never had an issue with neighbors or noise. Housekeeping did a good job.

For what I paid it was worth it.

Es Cana is a great base for the east and north. i’m trying to find a moment to review our October trip which will be a bit more detailed for you.

Port San Miguel is nice but eating out limited.

Are you after an area recommendation or hotel?

Fergus Ibiza -

Man, I REALLY wanted to like this place.

The location was solid, price was good, etc.

I got there after 5 dats at Paradiso, see my other post.

Anyways, I got there tired and ready for a nap. I showed up at 2/3 pm and my room wasn't ready. Fine, no big deal passed out for an hour in the lobby. It's whatevs...

I got to my room and finally passed out, only to wake up HOT AS A MOTHERf***ER....

Turns out, they had a power outage, only in my little section of rooms...K fine. I'm up, lets go.

Talked to the couple next door, turns out it's been 3 or 4 hours without power. Wild. Guess it pays to be wiped? lol

Anyways, I popped off down the beach and grabbed dinner, came back and the power was back on, woohoo. lol

I noticed a smell, but didn't really think much of it, off I went to Hi and back to pass out.

The next afternoon I woke up and rolled out the door...turns out it STUNK. Not sure if there was a pea trap that didn't get filled, or if the sewer system just happened to drop off right by my room...

anyways, for the 3 days I was there, it was absolute stench. I literally work in the sewer industry. No joke. It's not really an issue. BUT...
At hotel, it's a problem. The entire time I was there - it was absolutely awful. AGIAN - this is someone used to the sewer industry.

If I was a normal person staying there, holy hell. Honestly, I didn't really care. I was outside my room for MAYBE 10 minutes a day...Whatever.

Fergus is a solid choice for the price, but nothing more. Maybe it's better in a nicer room (I had a single) with a food plan it would be better? For what I needed it was great. The bed was ok, the shower worked, and the location allowed me to stumble home.

I would stay here again, but would CRUSH the hotel if it stunk like it did this year. It's not OK, either fill the pea traps, OR fix the sewage issue. Not that hard.

Es Cana is a great base for the east and north. i’m trying to find a moment to review our October trip which will be a bit more detailed for you.

Port San Miguel is nice but eating out limited.

Are you after an area recommendation or hotel?
Mainly area, would be nice if there was a few bars/restaurants about, thanks for asking. We will have a car aswell so even if close to a nice area that isn’t the main 3

Apartamentos Es Cantó in Playa den Bossa will turn into a 3-star

Hotel Palmyra in San Antonio will turn into a 5-star

Etc, etc... and as a consequence of all this the accomodation prices will continue getting higher!

Apartamentos Es Cantó in Playa den Bossa will turn into a 3-star

Hotel Palmyra in San Antonio will turn into a 5-star

Etc, etc... and as a consequence of all this the accomodation prices will continue getting higher!
Is the Palmyra getting an upgrade in its facilities and rooms to go with it?

Lots of work currently taking place on the Invisa Hotel by the approach to San A roundabout, opposite Lidl.

Another soon to be 5 star hotel…?

Looking for something with parking for September. In May I go to Mare Nostrum .Walking to Figuertas possible, parking around the Hotel ok. Maybe Mare Nostrum again , Twiins or something else in PdB. In Ibiza town there is no Hotel with a parking area which is affordable.

Looking for something with parking for September. In May I go to Mare Nostrum .Walking to Figuertas possible, parking around the Hotel ok. Maybe Mare Nostrum again , Twiins or something else in PdB. In Ibiza town there is no Hotel with a parking area which is affordable.
Mare Nostrum is solid.

Stayed there a few years ago and would happily go back. It's on the quiet side (ie North) side of PDB, but easily walkable. Both pools are good, decent location and the price is absolutely legit.

Mare Nostrum is solid.

Stayed there a few years ago and would happily go back. It's on the quiet side (ie North) side of PDB, but easily walkable. Both pools are good, decent location and the price is absolutely legit.
That means : In September again. Breakfast is good enough. Lunch is somewhere else. Its only for sleeping and breakfast

Back