drink prices 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
No no
48€ is for 2 rum and coke on club chinois

Madagascar bar is in plaça del parque ( ibiza Town )
1 gin tonic ( tanqueray )= 8.5€
1 rum and coke ( brugal )= 7.5€

Ah, okay. I've probably been in that bar loads of times... (If you're a spirits drinker, those prices stack up well against what you'd pay in the UK.) I didn't think Club Chinois would have been big league enough to charge those prices. At least you got free entry... :lol:

Ah, okay. I've probably been in that bar loads of times... (If you're a spirits drinker, those prices stack up well against what you'd pay in the UK.) I didn't think Club Chinois would have been big league enough to charge those prices. At least you got free entry... :lol:
I think it's the first time I've paid so much in Ibiza for a drink and moreover Chinese club is not an emblematic club of the island, I did not find the club great from the point of view of the atmosphere and also a lot of hooker🤣 , not really my thing 😅 In the other hand music was good for the time I was there , end of Rebbot and then Mathias Tanzmann
tonight Pacha 🔥

I think it's the first time I've paid so much in Ibiza for a drink and moreover Chinese club is not an emblematic club of the island, I did not find the club great from the point of view of the atmosphere and also a lot of hooker🤣 , not really my thing 😅 In the other hand music was good for the time I was there , end of Rebbot and then Mathias Tanzmann
tonight Pacha 🔥
Tu restes jusqu'à quand ?

Madagascar = cool place with fair price 👌

tonight Pacha 🔥

I've only been in Chinois once and I think it's a decent enough venue, but obviously a bit small to be considered a major club. Would go again if there was a night that I fancied...

the old upside down card reader trick - particularly popular in Barcelona’s ‘24hr‘ supermercats
When i wrote this post I was thinking about Barcelona where it’s happen a lot with tourists , but hey all it takes is one asshole who does the same thing here and that's it. I don't think it's very common on the island unless I'm wrong!?

A caña doble, is that what I think it is? A double caña? So, about 450-500ml? Not awful for 6.50 (sorry to all our Spanish speakers, no idea how to do the wobbly line over the n....---EDIT, fixed this for you m'dear
it's a tilde. originally used over the n to represent another n in words which had a double n, like anno meaning year. this was to save space on expensive velum when monks were scriibing texts. the n with a tilde is actually a letter in the spanish alphabet which has 27 letters. i have no idea how to find it on my tablet and just tap out anyo if i need it.

it's a tilde. originally used over the n to represent another n in words which had a double n, like anno meaning year. this was to save space on expensive velum when monks were scriibing texts. the n with a tilde is actually a letter in the spanish alphabet which has 27 letters. i have no idea how to find it on my tablet and just tap out anyo if i need it.
#historylessonsinthemostunexpectedplaces

Hold the 'n' down on phone or tablet. Copy it off google on a laptop. There probably is a quicker way but might mean reconfiguring keyboard settings.

In catalan you'll see it written as canya instead.

(*In more militant catalan circles the ñ is considered a symbol of spanish imperial oppression but that's a whole other thread!)

Hold the 'n' down on phone or tablet. Copy it off google on a laptop. There probably is a quicker way but might mean reconfiguring keyboard settings.

In catalan you'll see it written as canya instead.

(*In more militant catalan circles the ñ is considered a symbol of spanish imperial oppression but that's a whole other thread!)
and yet they still use the cedilla (little z) in the nick of their favourite football team - barsa!

any recommendations for cheap ish (i.e. normal bars) in ibiza town for pre-hi drinking? or is this the wrong thread...

Paid 32 EUR for 2 bottles of water in Hi on Sunday night....

Learned that the bar at the front right of the Theatre (between Theatre and Wild Corner) is the "VIP" bar, which apparently has different prices. At first I thought the waitress was trying to rip me off but when I asked about the price she showed me on the menu.

I mean, I heard that there are different prices at different bars in clubs and for the VIP sections. And we've been moaning about water prices on here forever. But 16 EUR for 0.5 litres of water, come on!!!

The worst part is, when you're at that bar in the middle of the night, no way are you going to get to any other bar in under 30 mins without some serious shoving and pushing either through that main room or the wild corner. Which you're not going to do. And they know that, of course...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back