drink prices 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband was just going over his Caixa Bank online statement for the last month. Having bought two beers in Lio a couple of times, (22 EUR both times) when seeing friends play, he was rather shocked to see a separate 135 EUR amount!

Is this a known scam? He is trying to contact his bank to get it sorted but might be tricky without proof.

My husband was just going over his Caixa Bank online statement for the last month. Having bought two beers in Lio a couple of times, (22 EUR both times) when seeing friends play, he was rather shocked to see a separate 135 EUR amount!

Is this a known scam? He is trying to contact his bank to get it sorted but might be tricky without proof.
I know several people to whom this has happened. in general you pay 22 € as is your case then you can pay an extra tip for the waiter if you wish, the combo can be made via the machine, it was enough for the waiter to type 135 € and that your husband passed his card without looking at the amount tips included. This kind of thing can happen but I'm not saying it's the case for you either.

I know several people to whom this has happened. in general you pay 22 € as is your case then you can pay an extra tip for the waiter if you wish, the combo can be made via the machine, it was enough for the waiter to type 135 € and that your husband passed his card without looking at the amount tips included. This kind of thing can happen but I'm not saying it's the case for you either.

We only bought drinks at the bar but wonder whether a ‘sneaky’ tip was added? We probably only had 3-4 beers in total each and so weren’t drunk.

Although my husband recalls being asked at one point if he was buying a drink for a random woman at the bar (!!!)

Think we’ll give Lio a miss next time…

We only bought drinks at the bar but wonder whether a ‘sneaky’ tip was added? We probably only had 3-4 beers in total each and so weren’t drunk.

Although my husband recalls being asked at one point if he was buying a drink for a random woman at the bar (!!!)

Think we’ll give Lio a miss next time…
I can’t comment about Lio as never been but this is quite a common scam. Always look at the screen before tapping

I just moved over recently from giving cash to being a tapper. Might re-think this for Ibiza, definitely if I'm out and a bit squiffy.

the old upside down card reader trick - particularly popular in Barcelona’s ‘24hr‘ supermercats

Happened to me in a local (Oldham) restaurant. I felt like such a tool when I saw the statement. Helped me realise I need to just wear my glasses. Less embarrassing than being ripped off.

last night i went for a drink in town at the Madagascar bar with a friend, we had no intention of going out then a group of PR came by to give free lists for the club chinois . we were parking at talamanca so it was on the way back and we make a stop for a drink. 2 rum and coke = 48€ 🙃

last night i went for a drink in town at the Madagascar bar with a friend, we had no intention of going out then a group of PR came by to give free lists for the club chinois . we were parking at talamanca so it was on the way back and we make a stop for a drink. 2 rum and coke = 48€ 🙃

That might be (grudgingly) accepted in a big club, but a bar?!! Is Madagascar a posh place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back