Cocoon 2014

Anyone out there recovered and able to give us a match report?
Been dying to hear about this one!

recovery mode still on, but here goes...

got to cocoon at around 2:30 on monday night - henrik schwarz had just started on the terrace and ilario alicante was doing a fine job over in the main room. both rooms perfectly busy. it's correct that in the end there was no special guest (long story - not cocoon's fault), which meant sven started at 4am. i liked his set, but having seen him so many times over the season, it was obvious he held back a little. I think the music went out at around half past ten in the morning.

back home for shower, big helping of pasta and when our group was ready again we left to destino. got there at ca 2:30pm. it was just starting to get busy. the next 10 hours were amazing though. the weather god is also a fan of cocoon because there was no rain at all (finally) and sven was now digging out all his big tunes old and new. a great vibe, destino was perfectly busy and a glorious ending to cocoon's 15th season. we didn't descend into tox after midnight (I think maurizio schmitz played) but stayed another few hours at destino. friends had booked a room and we had some funny afterhour frolics.

best 24 party hours of the summer so far... but hey, the coming weekend (sunday morning until tuesday noontime) could be another hot contender for that.

Who was the guest stivi? Can u tell us or do u think silence is better??

Another question better last or this year? Both destino and amnesia

Who was the guest stivi? Can u tell us or do u think silence is better??

Another question better last or this year? Both destino and amnesia

someone had guessed it right further up in this thread, that's the only thing I'm saying.

In my opinion it was just as good as last year!

agree with stivi, what a night/day!
arrived in amnesia at 2. outstanding for me was alicante's set - unbelieveable skills and unreal vibe. cocoon pushes him a lot and now i know they are absolutely right about that, also to give him the settime 2-4 , which surprised me.

sven was ok but the real deal had been his mainroom set the week before. and of course at the after when he was his true self again.

anybody happen to now what remix he plays of tiefschwarz - fire it out? i recognize the fire it out bit but it's no remix I can find. btw - what a beast of a track is gary beck - get together? favourite moment both at amnesia AND destino.

cocoon really upped the ante for enter tomo

I wasn't going to make Cocoon but we had a last minute changed of mind and change of flight when we were at DC10!! We got to Cocoon at 4am and weren't really feeling it for the first couple of hours. Thought that was because we were a bit tired but probably because Sven was playing a bit flat too. Definitely wasn't that animated......but then I thought he really picked up later on and was loving it as it turned into day.....I also thought Adam Beyer in the main room was really good. Always thought he would be too hard for my tastes but was playing some great stuff. Had a bit of a moment when he dropped Plastic Dreams too!

Amnesia closing in 2009 was my best time in that club but this ran it pretty close!

Can imagine Destino was great. Thought the Music On afters was really good (especially some of the stuff Joseph Capriatti was playing) so if Sven was on form must have been epic!

Back to reality for me at work now!

so if Sven was on form must have been epic!

it was ;) apart of a lot of the current hits he's been playing all summer, towards the end he dropped a few brilliant old classics - lil louis' french kiss, aphex twin's windowlicker...stuff like that. superb ending to a really good season for cocoon.

it was ;) apart of a lot of the current hits he's been playing all summer, towards the end he dropped a few brilliant old classics - lil louis' french kiss, aphex twin's windowlicker...stuff like that. superb ending to a really good season for cocoon.

We also loved it!! Destino was great! Sven was absolutely fantastic, the weather was nice, good vibrations everywhere, met a lot of nice People.. For us it was just Perfect!

Great season, great closing. Chris Tietjen was also playing downstairs after after in tox (maybe I stayed to long). Good 18 hour set from sven. And as always great crowd thanks to ^ everyone there ^ and so many faces that had fun. Until next year. trying to decide my highlight song of season for sven will decide soon and how many days before opening next year?

Back