Cocoon 2014

Do you think we need an inivitation for the Cocoon afterparty next week? I have been to so many Cocoon parties over the years but after last years Closing we said we won't go to Cocoon Amnesia any more... But I would like to go to the After. :)

I'm not as seasoned as some, but have been attending the closing for around 8 years now, and here's my take:

If you go to the party with the right spirit, and eyes and ears open, most of the time the island will provide :)

Sometimes location and/or invite can be a challenge, but recently the afters for the closing have gotten so big that it's hard to pull off something super secret or exclusive. I remember back in 2007 there was actually a scavenger hunt where you had to pick up different pieces of the invitation at different stops around the island.

Also the idea is the after is a special bonus for those who attend the party, not necessarily something to cherry pick while skipping the main event (others, correct me if I'm wrong here). So definitely don't skip the party - and as Icey said, why would you? Maybe you're more spoiled than those of us who live continents away, haha.

Last thing - if you're concerned about getting in, go early. Don't go home and sleep. Passes or no, you can usually figure out *where* it is by late morning, so just go straight there. Be the first one. Nobody is going to turn you away from a party that is empty! Back in the day I did this for a couple years and it worked out really well. You don't get much sleep, and it can be tough to stay till the bitter end, but personally I love those moments early on at the after when it's just a few people dancing, intimate, and Sven digging up the daytime tunes that you won't hear once the sun goes back down.

With all that said, even knowing the drill, I too get anxious each year...you just gotta go with the flow and believe :)

As a wise man once said, follow the white rabbit...

Last edited:
why ? what happened ?

hmmm... For us, it was just not that good anymore as it used to be. And I saw some things there, I was really upset about... And the music was boring!!!!
And in the end... I don´t like to pay 14 or 15 € for one San Miguel, sorry! Enough is enough. I´m from Germany, I love Sven Väth, but for me Cocoon changed or we are just not the same people anymore willing to pay everything for a Amnesia Cocoon Party to be disappointed in the end.

Last year we were there the whole night until early morning and got an invitation, but because we were disappointed from the night we did not go to the After. Stupid idiots we were!!:spank: And as we saw afterwards where it was, I nearly cried. *lol*

But we will see... :-D Maybe we will give it another try!! But we will definitely go to the after, if it´s again at Destino it´s just around the corner from our hotel. :)

For us it would be enough to go to the after, but if you don´t have access to it without going to Amnesia before... Difficult! :lol:

Last edited:
hmmm... For us, it was just not that good anymore as it used to be. And I saw some things there, I was really upset about... And the music was boring!!!!
And in the end... I don´t like to pay 14 or 15 € for one San Miguel, sorry! Enough is enough. I´m from Germany, I love Sven Väth, but for me Cocoon changed or we are just not the same people anymore willing to pay everything for a Amnesia Cocoon Party to be disappointed in the end ..
exactly what i was thinking at the lame cocoon-openingparty !

just so you know - it's not cocoon that decide about drink prices.

a lot of promoters I speak to tell me the same - they'd love if the drink prices came down a bit.

I cannot understand the bit about being 'boring music' I must say. of all the techno parties on the island, cocoon is definitely the party where you get the most varied sound. this is not a personal statement, but rather an observation I've made visiting all techno nights various times over the season

just so you know - it's not cocoon that decide about drink prices.

a lot of promoters I speak to tell me the same - they'd love if the drink prices came down a bit.

I cannot understand the bit about being 'boring music' I must say. of all the techno parties on the island, cocoon is definitely the party where you get the most varied sound. this is not a personal statement, but rather an observation I've made visiting all techno nights various times over the season

I was at another Cocoon Party with Sven & Co. here in Germany last November and it was fantastic. Didn't expect that! :D Music was much better... Prices much lower of course... We will see if we go next Monday.

Have to sleep now, in 6 hours our plane starts to Ibiza. ;)

for me actually having ghenacia b2b shonky was even better than the planned lineup. great night!
and agree with stivi (after two cocoons this season though) - cocoon's as good as ever!!

Just saw this picture again on the resident advisor link! It just says SO much to me about Ibiza! I love it....

ibiza-weekly-18-cocoon-2013.jpg

10665711_10152684899081041_4591260118058522124_n.png

floor listing changed (sven now terrace instead of main) + special guest on terrace alongside sven.

if it's the special guest I've heard, that could suprise some people! :)

Back