Cheap flights

we had to wait about 10 hrs for a vueling flight in 2019. they gave us a 3€ voucher.

in the old days, you’d get a free hot meal

professional shysters now, all of them
I had a flight coming out of ibiza cancel, while we were about to take off. Boarded, sat on the runway for 2 hours on a massive comedown, then herded off the flight. Because the rearranged flight was next morning, we all got put up in a swanky hotel for the night, with the biggest breakfast buffet I'd ever seen!

Girlfriend is stressing about our flight Friday, whereas I'm not bothered. I have insurance, what will be will be.

The airlines must reimburse you for any hotel, transport and food costs you incur due to your delay. No compo for this as has been said it’s extraordinary.
All stated on the CAA site but airlines deliberately muddy the waters with their own announcements.

One of the problems I read about was people having single trip policies where they only cover themselves to the last day of their holiday, then anything that happens after midnight of that then the insurance don’t want to know.

Interesting point I had not considered. I get annual policies so doesn’t apply to me, but worth adding a day before / after on for single trip policies I guess

Interesting point I had not considered. I get annual policies so doesn’t apply to me, but worth adding a day before / after on for single trip policies I guess
I have annual insurance, but came across an issue when I booked well in advance beyond the insurance's expiry date but had to cancel, and the insurance didn't cover me. Something like insured Sept - Sept so any bookings made in (say) July for November aren't covered.

My suggestion was that annual insurance should be 12 months rolling and you pay per month, giving them 12 months notice of cancellation.

I was delayed on Monday coming home from Barcelona, 10 hours in the airport before being told our flight had been rescheduled for the following day. One food voucher for 4.50. Easy jet put
Us up in a hotel but we had to arrange the hotel and transport. No issue for me but I can image people that don’t have a credit card, would have been screwed. My travel insurance covers everything the airline won’t thankfully.

Jet2 launching flights from Leeds to Formentera next summer.

On one hand very convenient as I've still not been but on the other hundreds of tourists arriving all at once might give problems

Edit: I of course mean you fly to Ibiza, but Jet2 will then coach you to the Ferry with the ticket included in the price.

Isn't the Leeds to Ibiza flight one of the more 'notorious'? Not sure how many people travelling from Leeds would be interested in Formentera?

Certainly not if it's anything like the awful Edinburgh to Ibiza flights I've endured this summer...

Isn't the Leeds to Ibiza flight one of the more 'notorious'? Not sure how many people travelling from Leeds would be interested in Formentera?

Certainly not if it's anything like the awful Edinburgh to Ibiza flights I've endured this summer...

Evening flight in summer yes, but the morning one sets off early so less time in the bar.

I can see the appeal, you avoid having to battle the taxi queue to get to the Ferry and it should be easy travel, might give it a go next year.

Has anybody booked flights through kiwi.com? They are saying they don’t send boarding passes until at least 2 hours before departure, which doesn’t seem right seeing as check in opens 3 hours before.

Has anybody booked flights through kiwi.com? They are saying they don’t send boarding passes until at least 2 hours before departure, which doesn’t seem right seeing as check in opens 3 hours before.
Don’t you check in via the airline? All of my third party flights I’ve still had to check in with Easyjet/Ryanair etc.

On a similar third party booking note - I booked my latest Ryanair flight through one and Ryanair emailed me basically saying third parties are useless and send them the wrong details, so I need to verify my booking details independently 😂

Don’t you check in via the airline? All of my third party flights I’ve still had to check in with Easyjet/Ryanair etc.

On a similar third party booking note - I booked my latest Ryanair flight through one and Ryanair emailed me basically saying third parties are useless and send them the wrong details, so I need to verify my booking details independently 😂
Cheers, I’ll have a look into that as I tried to do it through Ryanair but they couldn’t find the details.

Evening flight in summer yes, but the morning one sets off early so less time in the bar.

I can see the appeal, you avoid having to battle the taxi queue to get to the Ferry and it should be easy travel, might give it a go next year.
Got to say that the worst flights I've been on this year (or ever), have been morning / lunchtime flights.

We often travel from Leeds, it's a easy to get from us as any airport and would be interested in going straight through to Formentera. Sure they'd be demand

In high summer when the queue for taxis stretches for hundreds of metres; at least two buses can go past while waiting (one would be an express) and take you directly to the port for the ferry. Makes me wonder why folks bother with taxis!

Anyhow, it's always a thing that to get from the airport to Formentera, you go north to go south again, something which a little dock at the southern end of PdB could cover using Aquabus-style boats. I know further south there are preservation orders, but often wondered if a shuttle-bus airport/PdB then small ferry onwards from there would be popular (and quicker) than going to the real port?

Flew BA to Heathrow T5 this wkd. Slightly pricier overall than Ry*nair to Gwk & seats equally cramped which was a shock after the joy of flying their spacious 2x2 seaters <> Ldn City in October. But still preferred to Ry*nair, ie clean & quiet + free water, snacks (albeit no free sandwiches/bevvies this time) and a closer connection to town.

Looking for late June, a mix of Ryanair (out) and Easyjet (ret) for probably £250 including add-ons is available form Manchester; Might take that + room on Formentera for 5 nights ends up just over a grand.

Just booked first week in October from Mcr with Easyjet. £88 before any ‘extras’. Think it’s a new route? Pretty sure EZY didn’t have any IBZ flights last time I looked.

Back