ambitious development programme for playa den bossa

Status
Not open for further replies.
good video ...
r u serious ?
what matutes has to say is mostly nonsense -
especially regarding ecology and golfcourses ("win/win-situation", blablabla ...).

and stuff like this from someone in whose pdb-hotels you can "enjoy" -
even without any salinas-golfcourse -
already (almost) pure saltwater for shower etc

ok i take your point on local shops will suffer.but could you afford the prices they will charge.i see no one moans about all the hotels that have changed.ibizarocks for one.was fine before it got rented out.only four fiesta hotels left then in pdb.i know people moan about space changing the way it looks,but they still go in there 1000;s.i only think they are not thinking about just clubbers.all round year resort would help all.
unless you don;t like changes.it happens everywhere.money talks in the end.i seen lots of changes in ibiza since 83.and i still go.multi times a year.over that time i lost some of my fav bars and hotels..and now seen the italians take over most of the shops bars eating places.that was all down to the tourist board as the Brits and Germans numbers were down.Offering them cheap hols.Now look whats happen... the video i meant was good as i did not know about the Tower hotel.Thing is i hear lots of talk when i go out.and it time it happens.just have to wait and see about this project.....

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

"...
Platja d'en Bossa is the most expensive destination for this holiday season,
with an average price of 286 euros per night

Platja d'en Bossa is the most expensive destination with an average price of 286 euros,
followed by Marbella with an average of 190 euros per night for double room rate,
according to the monthly survey trivago Hotel Price Index (THPI)
..."
http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...aciones-precio-medio-286-euros-por-noche.html

"most expensive destination" of what ? spain ??

link does not work...price must of been taken from ushuaia hotel and tower.as 286 per night is far to high even for the 4 star hotels.

i mentioned this years ago.but did say it was space they was knocking down to make way.mine you it was from a good source,78 year old timer.when pdb only had one hotel and a beach bar.so she was not far off.knows a lot of high class locals.thats why i guess.
today's ultima hora includes an interview with matutes talking mostly about his plans for playa den bossa, including the golf course, where he mentions space won't be knocked down. in the little article on diario de ibiza though he's quoted saying "the contract is for another 4 years and of course we'll respect it. after that we'll see what happens" :!:

copiadefoto1212074.jpg
taken from the interview with abel matutes prats (son of) appeared on last winter's edition of ibiza style mag:

as we understand it, the contract that space has for the use of that land comes to an end in four or five years, will space disappear from ibiza?
that's right; the contract ends in a few years. we have a great relationship with pepe roselló, he has been an exceptional partner for a long time and we are talking to him about what we are going to do. i cannot tell you whether it will be him or us running it within a few years.
we are happy about the way in which pepe has run the business up until now, we think that he has been a good tenant for many years and so we don't see any point in breaking off this relationship now in spite of the rumours going round. what is clear is that space is not going to disappear from ibiza. it's another question who runs the brand, but it will continue to exist.

ushuaïa
ushuaïa tower
ushuaïa this
ushuaïa that
ushuaïa space
?!

Pulse Radio: So what do you see for the future of We Love…?

Darren Hughes: I just hope there’s a future and the club stays open. That Matutes, who runs everything in Ibiza, doesn’t somehow pull the wool over Pepe (Rosello)’s eyes and take it (Space) off him before 2016, and we can carry on.

David Phillips: Yeah, that would be a blow if that place goes.

Darren Hughes: Well it (Space) will go from Pepe to Matutes in 2016. There’s nothing we can do about it.

:arrow: http://pulseradio.net/articles/2013...iew-with-we-love-space-director-darren-hughes

I don't know enough of mutates other than Ushuaia and their vampire octopus rep, however you can see the master plan forming. space early on was half dead on Sunday just gone. Squeeze it till 2016 then turn it into Ushuaia by Night #printmoney

Based on no evidence other than, if it was you and you were a shitkicking business man, you'd do the same. also brand Ushuaia could end up stronger in US than space?

Uurgh .... when Matutes gets his hands on Space... last major club of a manageable size with a decent balance of how 'space' is used. That won't last. It's all going one way - to builders' rubble or to glitz and glam hell - either way no-one can stop it and dodgy money from all over the world will be flocking in to oil the wheels. Makes me very sad really. Greed simply cannot be stopped.

Uurgh .... when Matutes gets his hands on ...

o_O o_O :mad: o_O

"...
¿Es necesario un centro comercial?

Serán, finalmente, 51.000 metros cuadrados de zona comercial. Inicialmente, estaba previsto que fueran 56.000 metros, pero después de negociar con asociaciones de comerciantes, partidos políticos... hemos acordado reducirlo. El centro comercial es fundamental para desestacionalizar, ya que en Ibiza, cuando hay mal tiempo, no puedes hacer nada. Además, no existe ninguno.
..."

http://ultimahora.es/ibiza/noticia/...ts-proyecto-ushuaia-esta-cambiando-ibiza.html

... interesting ... very interesting ...

according to monsieur abel matutes prats
when it´s raining @ ibiza all you can do then is ...

... absolutely NOTHING ...

... besides going shopping in his f***ing - soon (?!) to be built - 51.000 square meters shoppingmall :!:

:cry:It's not too bad yet!!!.;bad enough right enough.
But once they really start developing inland more and making all the resorts deeper and deeper away from the coast, into rabbit warrens, before yae know it The hallowed island will end up like Benidorm!@!:cry:god forbid:cry:.

Whit's the Script with all round the coast McRackin?
Is there protected stretches all round the coast that they can't develop and do the Building Regulations limiting the height of Hotels/Apartments still stand?

Whit's the Script with all round the coast McRackin?
Is there protected stretches all round the coast that they can't develop and do the Building Regulations limiting the height of Hotels/Apartments still stand?

Protected stretches? ;) Can/will easily become "unprotected" if so desired.

Spanish provinces with important residents tend to have very flexible building regulations.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back