Random tunes dropped in a set

Benjamn6

I was having a listen to this set and 1 hour in he drops a remix of I've got the power. It got me thinking what other random tunes I've heard during sets good or bad. What are people's thoughts on this, I personally like it (when it's the right tune) it'd be good to hear other people's examples.

Jeremy Healy used to do this a lot*, especially with Michael Jackson tracks.

(*a time when we were not all beard stroking connoisseurs)

There a brilliant Maceo Plex ENTER. set from the 2013 Season on soundcloud. Banger after banger. Then he drops a Phil Collins remix, and it just... works.

Reactions: M.E
Remember Judge Jules back in 2008 playing Frankie Goes To Holywood - Power Of Love during his set at The Gallery closing party.
Place went nuts.

Its nothing new. I remember being in the "bass place" @ coast to coast in birmingham back in 1989 when simon "bassline" smith dropped "coming in the air tonight" in the middle of hardcore set. Took everyone by surprise though. Did it again a few weeks later in the "eclipse" in coventry.

Aaahh the memories..

i know djs have been doing it for years, i remember a good 5/6 years ago this getting dropped as the last tune is Sankeys. It was a very surreal moment but it worked very well.

Great idea of a thread! I've a couple that stand out for our boat. M people - Moving on up, played by our residents Concrete Music. Also Womack and womack - Teardrops, both of these memories making me all excited for this season!

There a brilliant Maceo Plex ENTER. set from the 2013 Season on soundcloud. Banger after banger. Then he drops a Phil Collins remix, and it just... works.
Ive got that mix on my soundcloud. Its week 9 enter and have to agree its one of the best mixes ive ever heard. The last hour is ridiculous. The phil collins track is in the air tonight. Shouldnt work at all but fits the set perfect because its part of a journey plex takes you on.

Oh and by the way if you think that set was good look up tale of us from the same ngt. They followed plex on the terrace and picked up where he left off but in my opinion managed to somehow upstage him. I wasnt there but listening to both sets on soundcloud anyone that was there that ngt was treated to a once in a lifetime experience on a dance floor.

Tale of Us played this in the sub club last year.....and it actually worked! Incredible set/night/atmosphere.

Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun (Offic…:

Jackmaster played this at an afters in Glasgow, also worked really well.

Technotronic - Pump Up The Jam:

Back in 2004 Was at manumission carry on at space and the final tune was red hot chilli peppers , can't stop . Really made sense at the time after a 14 hour marathon . Every time I hear that tune it takes me back .

Back