Amnesia Closing

I'll tell more about this later, but in 8 years of doing amnesia closing it was the first time I left the club before it shut. luciano and villalobos killed it - in a bad way. space closing on the other hand was better than I had expected. off to dc10 in a bit now.

18 hours?? f*** me Id need some serious substances down my neck for that. Watched that mar t set on live stream, he was good.

luciano and villalobos killed it .
Was disappointed yesterday that there was no live stream as villalobs decided at the last minute he didnt want to be filmed - sounds like i didnt miss much! Saw a bit of Cox's set this morning - Space looked awesome I must say

Was disappointed yesterday that there was no live stream as villalobs decided at the last minute he didnt want to be filmed - sounds like i didnt miss much! Saw a bit of Cox's set this morning - Space looked awesome I must say

I was sure he didn't want to be filmed from the first time i saw it days ago on facebook!
He hate all this internet facebook twitter stuff!

I'll tell more about this later, but in 8 years of doing amnesia closing it was the first time I left the club before it shut. luciano and villalobos killed it - in a bad way. space closing on the other hand was better than I had expected. off to dc10 in a bit now.

Jesus! Must have been bad for you to leave! This was a short (less mad) Closing for me due to work commitments. Only did Insane / Ushuaia / Space Early followed by Solomun.....

Interested to hear more. Will let you recover first.

I've been going to Ibiza since 2003 , Villalobos at that time was amazing till around 2008,2009 from then on i think(personal taste) he has been 80% of the time completely shit, all the time out of his mind , totally destroyed, his sound is crap. When to dc10 closing after party in Kave in 2011 he couldn't even stay stand up on his own, was falling every 10 mins ,Zip had to look after him as he was his child,(1 story, i have many like that) he should stop taking too much! Don't know why he had only a few cocoon gigs this summer but i guess either because they don't want him anymore or because of health problem or both, want be a surprise.

:eek:

... in 8 years of doing amnesia closing it was the first time I left the club before it shut. luciano and villalobos killed it - in a bad way ...

ps: wonder what the very last track was and when exactly the party ended (after 6pm ?) ??

pps: anyway ... opening-/closingparties by far not as good as they used to be,
mostly nothing "special" anymore .

I have said it before and will say it again, I don't get the whole want to do the opening and closing parties. Too many clubbing tourists, far too busy and too high expectations. Reminds me of clubbing at New Year in the UK, always too busy and expensive and ends up shit.

Each to their own, but would prefer a normal night in September where I can have space to dance.

It's true ricardo vs Luciano wasn't the real deal. As I'm not a huge fan of either one of them I was not that disappointed. Although Ricardo was really f***ed (what else?) Luciano could't manage even one seemless mix in the last hour. Maybe because he played Vinyl / CDs only then, because his tourman already boxed in his equippment, but c'mon...

On the other Side, Troxler vs Eat Everything and Maceo Plex were really great, I loved it

:( cant wait to hear about this.... partly due to changing the style up too much from the previous chunkier tunes that had preceded them?

Villalobos was good when I seen him with troxler and richards at cocoon, however this was my first time seeing him so maybe he wasnt 'good' by his previous standards haha, and then seen him again and enjoyed him at Sonus in Croatia.

I have said it before and will say it again, I don't get the whole want to do the opening and closing parties. Too many clubbing tourists, far too busy and too high expectations. Reminds me of clubbing at New Year in the UK, always too busy and expensive and ends up shit.

Each to their own, but would prefer a normal night in September where I can have space to dance.

This for me as well. I did it once and never again

+1

to me there is nothing better about the closing parties versus early Sept when I go now. Early Sept its still nice and warm, hotel prices are a bit lower than August and the clubs a bit less packed than Aug. For the closing parties it usually has slightly more rain, cooler temps and overpacked clubs with the same djs that play all summer. don't see anything better about that!

With all here on the forum agreeing why are the clubs actually that packed? ;)

My best parties in 8 seasons never were club closing- or opening parties and I did some of them. just not worth the hassle of waay too many people and I prefer middle of september for parties.
don't understand this whole 'last man standing contest' with clubs programming their last nights for 18hours or more, a party's fun is not measured by its duration. I have my personal limit between 6-9 hours of partying.

having said that, ushuaia with carola was the one closing I tried this year and enjoyed it very much, was bearable concerning numbers and I stayed from 7 - 1.30

^^ i'm back at the hotel almost always by by 6/7am. latest i can remember staying out is until 8am at Cocoon last year.

Aaaaaaaaah...this is soo cooold

I'm a romantic clubber, there's nothing better than the end of the summer, the season, holidays...one week where you give all your best ( and money )

:cool:

Back