More Taxi nonsense

Is the scenic route going left round past km5 then San Jose etc and coming in from the bay end? Is if faster to go towards eivissa then get on the highway that cuts across? Going the highway route still took us a fair bit of time

The 'scenic route' is actually shorter than the highway route. It's just that the taxis don't drive at excessive speed like they do on the dual carriageway so you probably think it's longer.

Don't know how meters work in Ibiza (been a long time since I got in a cab there) but if it's distance-related then it shouldn't be more costly via San Josep.

The 'scenic route' is actually shorter than the highway route. It's just that the taxis don't drive at excessive speed like they do on the dual carriageway so you probably think it's longer.

Don't know how meters work in Ibiza (been a long time since I got in a cab there) but if it's distance-related then it shouldn't be more costly via San Josep.

Im pretty sure ive been overtaken at excessive speed by taxi's on that road! :twisted:

my definition of ****ing H-E-L-L :arrow:

waisting precious ibiza-time while roasting in ridiculous heat waiting for a smelly taxi :eek:

2ep3cxz.jpg

http://www.diariodeibiza.es/pitiuses-balears/2013/07/28/100-personas-esperan-taxi-sant/635484.html

I was waiting in that Taxi queue at the bottom of the west end for about 45 minutes about 2 days ago, in the whole time i was there about 2 taxi's turned up.

ended up flagging one down outside of pikey park within 30 seconds

Hitchhike & give tips to driver:oops:, then taxicab won't earn 60000€ a month ps:i've took many people for free on june (some 3 girls wanted to give me tips such a few euros but i decline(i should accept:confused:.it's always a drink free in a bar 8))..don't know the course from benirras to pdb?...san an to ibz town?...airport to pdb?(remember bring one german couple from the airport, who got his birthday at blue Marlin, he may invite me :rolleyes: to have a drink, i should let him loose his time all day morning at goldcar renting car :lol:, he was at a hotel 4-5 stars SPA at the end of pdb far after space on the left at the round about & the guy even wealthy was sweaty..the smell in the car:x..at least he can thank me through fb message..:rolleyes:).Beside mates that hang with me, i've taken one drunken uk guy from the egg to roundabout about 5 miles from it..the guy was funking drunk(has lost his friends) & is looking for his villa (hope he did not felt asleep in the bushes :lol:,taken 2 drunken romanian illegal workers from ibz town to san jose at night (was thinking , i should not have pick them but ok nothing happen to me:lol:),and drop them at km5 & they walk until san antonio by feet :eek:, enjoy more giving ride to broke people or people looking for job in ibz(remember a nice portuguese girl: ride from san to ibz town:she enjoyed very much the lounge music with romantic flavour in my car (Yeah baby 8)) .For sure will ask for tips/little (very VERY FAIR fee(1€ from 1 to 3) to get back a few money from oïl & renting car:) for people that hang with me on august as when back from holidays did not want to know how many money i've spread(more than 3000€ for whole june's trip, i hope less than 4000€ :confused: )...(around 500€ for renting car & oil): i will not act as illegal taxi .."co voiturage" , it's what they call in France 8): share cost between people in the car ...

Last edited by a moderator:
Im pretty sure ive been overtaken at excessive speed by taxi's on that road! :twisted:

Are you sure that wasn't me in a white hire car ? :lol:

my definition of ****ing H-E-L-L :arrow:

wasting precious ibiza-time while roasting in ridiculous heat waiting for a smelly taxi :eek:

Have to admit I couldn't agree with you more, icey. Much as I love Ibiza, I probably wouldn't fly out there without a hire car at the other end. Taxis are astronomic for anyone not in a group filling the cab or going 5 minutes down the road from PDB and hell to get hold of some of the time or anywhere further out from a main centre.... and the buses are slow and restrictive. But then I'm way past the days of being happy to go to the island to stay in one resort or run a triangle between hotel bed, club and PDB/San An beach !

Had an interesting verbal exchange with an illegal taxi driver at the airport recently, not sure what drugs he was on but he suggested €100 was a reasonable fare to San Carles. Went outside and got a normal white cab within two/ three minutes €35.

Ive never had a problem getting a taxi anywhere except Zoo Project at midnight for obvious reasons. A hire car is great but its not going to get you home after 8 hours in Space, it will get you in to a ditch, or in to the the back of a police car

it will get you in to a ditch, or in to the the back of a police car

Not necessarily. Only if you cane the booze / drugs. Got to the stage in my life now where I'd rather do without both than deal with taxis or buses home. Might have 2-3 drinks at the start of a session but then a few red bulls is enough for me. Since I won't stay in Bossa / Ibiza Town etc getting twatted in clubs is history for me. Still happy to spend 8 hours in Space - and drive home afterwards.

Taxis exploit people because they want to get mashed / when they are mashed. Just like bars, strippers everyone else. It's a choice you make - how much is it worth to you basically !

a hire car is great as u don't drink too much & do not take drugz, only the tireness is dangerous.Driving is dangerous in Ibz...u have to stand to your co pilot..Around 8.00 am i felt asleep 2sec:lol: in street of Pdb around KFC , woke up as the left wheels touched the left side of the road...:lol: but can deal with it.
Sex, Drugs Illegal Taxi, ...ways to earn easy money :D many un-declared work i guess in Ibiza even in regular shops Bars Disco :D Don't take people as fool ...
With Spotlight Fb connections , should stick to car sharing. :cool: always cool to get you oil & renting car bill back...For Ibz 14 its was more only oil 's bill paid back with all people i bring from places to places(a kind of 150€ for 3 weeks,some did not really give me money but bought me drinks ) but for Ibz 2015 , will act as a Co sharing car's Driver :p i saw that some people do it .
I guess giving 10€ to a bloke for all day driving is a fair deal...buses too slow & dont lead you to all places....Taxi? for one day keep on visiting many places u can spend easily 100€ a day, if u hop from places to places as i do when i am enjoying Ibz's holidays
For previous ibz trip , all rides were free but i realized that i can't do no more the taxi driver for free...Ibz 's trip is a budget...so it's an win/win situation....otherwise take the bus or hitch hike :p because i don't want to hang with people that take advantage of your car...it's said :cool:

^^ If you're there for any length of time that makes sense because the transport costs for getting around everywhere add up too much. Also because you have more days to do stuff so spending time waiting for a bus or hitching is an option. For my trips never more than 4 days now (I cannot spare the time away all at once)... so saving the time and having transport there immediately when I want it is most important thing. Free to come and go whenever also !

Be careful with the tired thing especially when on your own ... Better to pull over and sleep for even 20 minutes when you feel like this - or do what I do and go have a swim at the nearest beach. Wake you up for at least an hour which is enough to get anywhere in Ibiza :cool:.

yes i u are right when u are alone it's very dangerous while drivin back from a party around 8.00 in the morning......when i brought people back to san from ibz town & my location was in Figueretas...2 times for the travel return from san antonio to Figueretas i nearly felt asleep when driving :spank: because of tireness..i opened the windows, trying to catch some fresh air,bang on the drums to wake me up but it did not work a lot :lol: .i should just drop people at bus station in front of Space as i had take some risk (in add ,rides were free for ibz 2013 ...) or sleep at least 20mn :D

well it's not the sound of the drums that kept me awake but the fact of banging(not playin the drums as i can because of the level of tireness :oops:) ,having an activity while driving, make your minds awake...the thing too, is i got tired too & felt sleepy again after 20sec banging....or i pinch my arms & so on...:lol:
but ok for Ibz 2015 wont do same mistakes as Ibz 2013 2014...

Back