More Taxi nonsense

We've done it twice, both times because we missed the bus to Cream and wanted to get there not to miss anyone and didn't want to wait for the next bus and the taxi was too long. These days I just give myself even more time

I've done it my self few times purely because running late and having no option.

But imagine being a official taxi driver and seeing these people steal your trade. I would seriously be pissed off I really feel for them

... nevertheless some "regular" taxidrivers still have time to protest against illegal ones:
Taxistas se visten de piratas para protestar contra los ´ilegales´
Increpan en el aeropuerto a varios 'piratas' que denuncian que trabajan en la terminal
03.08.2015 | 13:42
scanizares20150803124249.jpg
Los taxistas han recorrido la terminal portando diferentes pancartas Sergio G. Cañizares

redacción | ibiza Un grupo de taxistas profesionales de Ibiza ha protagonizado esta mañana en el aeropuerto una original protesta contra la proliferación en la terminal, pero también en otros puntos de la isla, de los denominados taxistas 'piratas'.

Disfrazados precisamente de piratas, estos profesionales del taxi han recorrido la terminal exhibiendo pancartas de protesta e incuso han llegado a increpar a varios de estos conductores de transporte irregular, que han negado realizar estas prácticas.

Los taxistas aseguran que este verano el problema de la competencia se ha disparado y está "descontrolado".

In Cala Vadella in peak season you can't get a Taxi. Hotels, bars and restaurants all tried but they don't answer the phone.....ever!!!! For 2 hours!!!

Waiters mate turns up in 20 mins offering nice car, friendly banter + extra energy (if required) and people wonder why everyone takes dodgy cabs.....
Where's Uber when you need it??

145Kph last night through tunnel at pdb. :eek:Hashtag just saying

This sounds like our taxi from San An to Amnesia on our last night, I had to google exactly what the speed translated to in MPH!! But appreciated getting there in super quick time to catch DJ S.K.T who was on stupidly early!!

"...
All Ibiza town is blocked because of the Ibiza taxi strike...
They are blocking the town in a protest against pirate taxis...

I wish they could strike for better service and more phone operators for the summer 2016

..."

When. I came out of pacha last week some lad on the railings asked if I wanted a taxi, I said how much to San an, he said 40 euro, I told him where to go. Walked left out the club and straight into a proper taxi, 28 euros it cost, I gave him 30. Surely local police should be sitting outside all clubs at night stopping this from happening??

Always used the legals. Way cheaper and its there living. Never had a problem, when our hotel called a taxi they was here in less than a minute. We only got one illegal and he charged me €25 from benimussa park to san an bay. Reason being it pissed down of rain at the end and there was only a bus to san an central outside

Always left the cleaners a hefty tip full of coins aswell as they need it more than me.

Always used the legals. Way cheaper and its there living. Never had a problem, when our hotel called a taxi they was here in less than a minute. We only got one illegal and he charged me €25 from benimussa park to san an bay. Reason being it pissed down of rain at the end and there was only a bus to san an central outside

Always left the cleaners a hefty tip full of coins aswell as they need it more than me.
I always leave all my change in the ashtrays for the cleaners everytime I leave a hotel or apartment. Last week probably left about 14 euros in change. As for taxis, if I have a rough estimate of how much I should be paying and the taxi driver charges me less or the same then I will tip them as I know the cnut ain't tried to rob me.

Back