Restaurant reviews

We went to La Bodega in Dalt Vila for the first time since early summer.

MUCH prefer the new outdoor seating with the tables across the road and the parasols. The food was back on top as well - portions seemed larger too.

yeah it's lovely sat over there, been a couple times this summer
They've also bought the next part down and will be opening a bar in the winter. That whole road will be La Bodega!

The eccentric waiter at La Bodega with the moustache is a riot. He always makes our dining experience and we tip him accordingly

yeah it's lovely sat over there, been a couple times this summer
They've also bought the next part down and will be opening a bar in the winter. That whole road will be La Bodega!

Ooh, is that La Esquina on the corner? I know La Bodega used to own it but it's someone else now.

Hi there, any recommendations for a nice beach side fish / seafood restaurant for the afternoon before Hi Closing on 7 Oct. Not looking for the full beach club experience, just somewhere with great fresh fish and picturesque beach to chill and possibly have a bit of a swim (weather permitting). seen ses bosque mentioned here, and also sa trinxa and cala bonita mentioned. all suggestions gratefully received. staying in PDB but happy to travel reasonable distance. Thanks!

Hi there, any recommendations for a nice beach side fish / seafood restaurant for the afternoon before Hi Closing on 7 Oct. Not looking for the full beach club experience, just somewhere with great fresh fish and picturesque beach to chill and possibly have a bit of a swim (weather permitting). seen ses bosque mentioned here, and also sa trinxa and cala bonita mentioned. all suggestions gratefully received. staying in PDB but happy to travel reasonable distance. Thanks!

ses boques - super lovely setting, great food, not very close to pdb though

la escollera - only a short taxi drive away from pdb, that could be an option too (and I love es cavallet)

the 'fish shack' / chiringuito de sa punta - an ibiza classic for fish, seafood - right on the rocks and great to swim if the sea is calm. also only a 15min taxi ride away.

ses boques - super lovely setting, great food, not very close to pdb though

la escollera - only a short taxi drive away from pdb, that could be an option too (and I love es cavallet)

the 'fish shack' / chiringuito de sa punta - an ibiza classic for fish, seafood - right on the rocks and great to swim if the sea is calm. also only a 15min taxi ride away.
great! thanks Stivi, will the fish shack be open that weekend? (apologies if daft question!)

Well it might be 11 September, but today I've been turned away from three restaurants of varying price brackets from super cheap to €€€ because they've all been full!

Once at lunch, twice this evening

Some Restaurants that spring to mind from our trip-

Mariner - In the port Ibiza town - We loved it, from the location, hidden away in a little oasis right at the junction of the port ( how / why did we walk past here so many times!) to the very friendly, fun staff. The food was excellent l have to say. We tried as much as we could, the Blue lobster and avocado roll to start yum! Cherry tomato and burrata salad with avocado cream, perfect portion. Mains was, Black cod, white miso, aubergine and shiitake consommé - melt in the mouth stuff. Steak tartar with pickles, big portion, with the perfect accompanying breads. Superb wine selection, pre drinks and after shots for €180 for 2.. This is a touch of the high end restaurants ibiza can offer, yet without the twats, profit making bullsh@t of so many places you could visit.. We had to stop ourselves going back again to keep special for the next trip. GO

Sa Vida - Ibiza Town. Again we loved it.. Night one of our trip, so needed that good start and thankfully it did not disappoint. Lovely little spot, hidden a few streets back from Av. d'Espanya, easy find. Staff so lovely, mostly all locals which is a good sign. Food was excellent, and very good value. Large portions, tapas style so ideal for sharing. Goyzas with Japanese vegetable sauce and wakame, large portion as you can get for 1 or 2 sharing and so light.. Tuna Tataki with huancaína and homemade ponzu sauce, melt in the mouth fresh. Burrata Salad, tomato chutney, dried tomato and kalamata olive crumble- I'm starving writing this! Good value wine from €25 a bottle.. On the list for future

Fusion- Figueretas on the prom.. There for many years, food has really improved this year. Great for lunch or even dinner. Everything we had on a couple of visits were lovely, tapas, prawns with panko, goyzas, Nachos with Jal / Guc... Drinks really good too.. Good value and lovely friendly staff..

La Torreta - Dalt vila - The classic ibiza restaurant we have been to many times, and its really improved once again, and they have now doubled in size to both sides of the plaza. Place was packed like it was peak August. Street entertainers, likes the olden days.. Loved it, staff much nicer, food was excellent and good value for the portion sizes.. Obvs its a pack em in place, but once you know this, sit back and take it all in, a winner.. Glad to see as l found that whole area had become too commercial in the past 10 yrs or so.. We had goat cheese on beetroot tartare, mixed lettuce bouquet with pear slices and walnut and lime vinaigrette.. Amazing Sea bass supreme, “ratatouille” timbale, mint and cinnamon couscous.. Cant remember the other dish.. Good wine selection too.

Mitchs Bar - Figueretas on the prom, very end, as you turn up to the ramp to Los Molinos.. Great pizza, Italian food.. excellent strong cocktails, their espresso martini's fab - l might have done a little test in several places over the 12 days to see who had the best, and they were right up there..

Haddock Cafe - Figueretas on the prom.. Simple, beachside cafe, perfect breakfast omelette's, lunch baguettes etc.. Staff friendly, people watching.. Full for a tenner!

More to come. off to get something to eat 🙃

Last edited:
La Torreta - Dalt vila - The classic ibiza restaurant we have been to many times, and its really improved once again, and they have now doubled in size to both sides of the plaza. Place was packed like it was peak August. Street entertainers, likes the olden days.. Loved it, staff much nicer, food was excellent and good value for the portion sizes.. Obvs its a pack em in place, but once you know this, sit back and take it all in, a winner.. Glad to see as l found that whole area had become too commercial in the past 10 yrs or so.. We had goat cheese on beetroot tartare, mixed lettuce bouquet with pear slices and walnut and lime vinaigrette.. Amazing Sea bass supreme, “ratatouille” timbale, mint and cinnamon couscous.. Cant remember the other dish.. Good wine selection too.

I agree on this. So many bad places up that area, that I am always impressed with LT too - and good value for Ibiza.

Some Restaurants that spring to mind from our trip-

Mariner - In the port Ibiza town - We loved it, from the location, hidden away in a little oasis right at the junction of the port ( how / why did we walk past here so many times!) to the very friendly, fun staff. The food was excellent l have to say. We tried as much as we could, the Blue lobster and avocado roll to start yum! Cherry tomato and burrata salad with avocado cream, perfect portion. Mains was, Black cod, white miso, aubergine and shiitake consommé - melt in the mouth stuff. Steak tartar with pickles, big portion, with the perfect accompanying breads. Superb wine selection, pre drinks and after shots for €180 for 2.. This is a touch of the high end restaurants ibiza can offer, yet without the twats, profit making bullsh@t of so many places you could visit.. We had to stop ourselves going back again to keep special for the next trip. GO

Sa Vida - Ibiza Town. Again we loved it.. Night one of our trip, so needed that good start and thankfully it did not disappoint. Lovely little spot, hidden a few streets back from Av. d'Espanya, easy find. Staff so lovely, mostly all locals which is a good sign. Food was excellent, and very good value. Large portions, tapas style so ideal for sharing. Goyzas with Japanese vegetable sauce and wakame, large portion as you can get for 1 or 2 sharing and so light.. Tuna Tataki with huancaína and homemade ponzu sauce, melt in the mouth fresh. Burrata Salad, tomato chutney, dried tomato and kalamata olive crumble- I'm starving writing this! Good value wine from €25 a bottle.. On the list for future

Fusion- Figueretas on the prom.. There for many years, food has really improved this year. Great for lunch or even dinner. Everything we had on a couple of visits were lovely, tapas, prawns with panko, goyzas, Nachos with Jal / Guc... Drinks really good too.. Good value and lovely friendly staff..

Mitchs Bar - Figueretas on the prom, very end, as you turn up to the ramp to Los Molinos.. Great pizza, Italian food.. excellent strong cocktails, their espresso martini's fab - l might have done a little test in several places over the 12 days to see who had the best, and they were right up there..

Haddock Cafe - Figueretas on the prom.. Simple, beachside cafe, perfect breakfast omelette's, lunch baguettes etc.. Staff friendly, people watching.. Full for a tenner!

More to come. off to get something to eat 🙃

v useful ta. esp old town tips 🙂

here's another recommendation for foodies. in fact, if you like gastronomic experiences and don't mind the spend, this one should absolutely get on your ibiza restaurants bucketlist.

yesterday night, we had dinner at etxeko ibiza, martin berasategui's michelin-starred restaurant in bless hotel above cala nova. we had the 'el viaje de martin' tasting menu which is a multi course tasting menu (I think in total it were 18 plates/creations we got). what should I say? it's 100% amongst the best dinner experiences I've had in my entire life. prepare for a long evening of eating things you've never had before (the way they do it) and drinking fantastic wine (or beer, whatever floats your boat really) in a lovely setting with an absolutely impeccable service (and this is what often fails here on the island let's be honest).

etxeko is definitely in the es tragón / gaia ibiza category. for us it was actually the first such expensive meal ever since the pandemic, but since a friend of us who's just on the island knows the head chef personally and my wife's and mine 10 year anniversary is coming up, we thought let's get a nice group together and so we went.

fantastic from a to z, period.

needless to say you need to book well in advance. not sure how much they cater for vegans and/or vegetarians within that menu, but we had one celiac at the table and another person who's allergic to various things and they effortlessly managed to cater for them.
So I managed to make it last night on my last ibiza evening. (I hadn't been out since Sunday so tastebuds were in working order :D )

Agree with everything you said.

Not something we can afford every night but great for special occasions.

Service and food was impeccable, I'd say more alligned with 2 stars in London than 1 star.

Variation of flavours in the tasting menu was outstanding.
Only dish that left me very slightly wanting more was the dessert, but overall it was out of this world.

Looking for suggestions for tonight. Somewhere to go on a comedown so not too busy/noisy :lol:

San an or the bay any cuisine except a curry (its too hot!)

Back