Zinema Bar - San Antonio

dallen

Just wondering if anyone could tell me what has happened to Zinema Bar in San Antonio? A friend of mine told me that the old owners have sold out to the group behind Eden nightclub and it has been refurbished? Any photos etc?

Cheers!

Darren

Staying in Hotel Bellamar 14th - 22 September 2006. Visit number 12!! :)

theres a thread called winter gossip in which you can find info about some of the changes in bars, restaurants, etc that happened during the last months, including zinema bar:

:arrow: http://www.spotlight-forums.com/showthread.php?t=30975&p=1008629

x5p66h.gif

It was a sad day in the history of Sant Antoni de Portmany when Zinema ceased to exist.

As McRackin has pointed out the new place is called 'The Beach Club' and has none of the character of the old place. They have tried to make it more upmarket, which is ridiculous cos the only reason everyone loved going there was cos of its cheap, tacky, no frills policy and the fact it was 22 hours a day (the original 22 hour party;) :lol: ).

So those plastic coca cola chairs and tables are gone, i doubt whether there will be groups of families with dads in hawaiian shirts or mums looking like lobsters or kids throwing bog roll at unwitting karaoke victims.

think you can still get a pint for about €2, but whats the point of that, they try and make it upmarket but still serve the same pisspoor beer!! at least before the flat tastless beer was the perfect for the surroundings.

RIP ZINEMA:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just echo Grego, I was in the bar on Saturday and it was dead.

I think it was 2.50E a pint of random beer, pretty sure there was no music playing either.

Not really sure any bar can be upmarket next to PizzaHut and KFC.

I'd walk another 20 metres to Itaca/Bar M.

Have a good holiday dallen

Its now basically a place where they can just over advertise Eden, basically plasted with Eden posters & flags everywhere. Its alright for a cheap Estrella @ beer o'clock & some of the Australian workers are quite friendly..

It was a sad day in the history of Sant Antoni de Portmany when Zinema ceased to exist.

As McRackin has pointed out the new place is called 'The Beach Club' and has none of the character of the old place. They have tried to make it more upmarket, which is ridiculous cos the only reason everyone loved going there was cos of its cheap, tacky, no frills policy and the fact it was 22 hours a day (the original 22 hour party;) :lol: ).

So those plastic coca cola chairs and tables are gone, i doubt whether there will be groups of families with dads in hawaiian shirts or mums looking like lobsters or kids throwing bog roll at unwitting karaoke victims.

think you can still get a pint for about €2, but whats the point of that, they try and make it upmarket but still serve the same pisspoor beer!! at least before the flat tastless beer was the perfect for the surroundings.

RIP ZINEMA:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Agree - this was the best "on the way home" stop off for that pint of cool beer - loved this bar - :cry:

never went in, looked ****e and tacky. each to their own.

it was :lol: :lol: :lol: - but no worse than the west end to be honest, just cheap and cheerful and always had the football on or Formula 1 and was always full of similar state people at around 11.00am so you felt quite at home....:oops:

don't roll your eyes at me ya fanbelt

great for you if you loved that, i never bothered. theres hundreds of other nasty pubs in san an i avoid too. that one just seemed a bit more prominent and always pumped out horrific music when i passed.

Have to agree with your grego, i was a regular at the Zinema bar during the day, however rarely did i visit it at night.

Over the years i have made some very good friends there, mainly staff, (now ex-staff)and hope to meet up with them in two weeks time.

The food was great, service good and prices were very reasonable. At night however it turned into just another chav infested pub like most of the West End at night!

RIP Zinema Bar!!

Have to agree with your grego, i was a regular at the Zinema bar during the day, however rarely did i visit it at night.

Over the years i have made some very good friends there, mainly staff, (now ex-staff)and hope to meet up with them in two weeks time.

The food was great, service good and prices were very reasonable. At night however it turned into just another chav infested pub like most of the West End at night!

RIP Zinema Bar!!

zinema, for various reasons that i expect no one else to understand, will always have a special place in my heart. :cry: :D :cry:

aaaaahhhhh just randomly looking through old threads (can't go out have injured my back) and came across this. i LOVED the place...cant really explain why but the girls and i spent every night of our holidays (three years running) in there!! have since been back and been in the beach club and linekers and its just not the same :cry:
not sure if im allowed to put links on here to other sites, but JOIN MY FACEBOOK GROUP RIP ZINEMA BAR lol
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?sid=425d2b3f98af280b4bac858541652fc6&gid=19961386056

Yeah now a Linekers,I was Dj in Zinema from 98/00.Loved working in that bar and still keep
In contact with Chris the owner.
Haha no way Brizey!
I djed there in Zinema in 2000 after you’d left till the end of the season.
I was in Active prior to there that summer.
Jay from Liverpool (got called Scouse Jay for obvious reasons!) 😂
Madness, them bars were funny af!
If I remember rightly there was some kid from Blackpool called Tom who did there with u aswell.
I used to play all the cheesy bollox till 12 then as soon as them doors shut I git the tunes on till 6 🙌🏼
23 years flies by 🙈

Back