Your Summer Anthem 2009

LTTP

You know how there's like always a track or two that seems to be the signature for the summer?

Last year I think it was Pjanoo (Prydz), Pyramid (John Dahlback) and Mars (Fakeblood). <<-- what a cheeky little no - can't help loving it!

Nothing seems to have surfaced so far this year other than various re-mixes of La Roux tracks. They're OK - but don't make me sit up and beg for more.

Then I came across this one - quite by accident, on a Judge Jules playlist at Trackitdown - perfectly grungy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlZAOqRUsSE

Minimal My Ass by Miles Dyson. My ass indeed! He's playing at El Paradis - which is a shame, because I'd love to see him, but probably not the club for us. Seems a strange combination - would have expected him to play somewhere "more serious", if you like.

What's your summer anthem for 09?

LttP 8)

Not a bad track, I like it, doubt it will make it as an anthem.

As you say, its too early to see anything emerging as a summer anthem just yet, the good ones usually simmer away on the back burner, before gathering momentum and popularity mid August.

At the moment Denis Ferrers Sinfonia is one I quiet like, it should be up there with the best of them at the end of season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmaQpKxb95Y

Hers is another that I like

Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South - Meich

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIeT...9470493B&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=15

I have been in Ibiza for a month now and Michael Cleis - La Mezcla is getting the biggest reaction, everyone from Villalobos to Tong has played it now! Tong signed off with it on friday at Wonderland before Dubfire came on to show him how its done!!

Also, Kuhle - Fliege (hugo remix) is getting a lot of playtime and that horrible remix of Pryda - Muryani where the women sings about sitting alone in a smoke filled cafe!!

Grindhouse is still being played in bars and Dubfire played this as his last track on Friday...

LEave the World Behind You is also getting played...

other than that i think the summer anthem is still to come yet out here....

La Mezcla is the early pace setter though...

On another note, anyone else out here think its really hot for June? It hasn´t dropped below 30 for about 3 weeks now. temp has been ranging from 30 to 37 everyday in San Antonio!!

haha i had it as one of my top tunes in my '08 review but since coming back i've heard it every time i've went out - it's been done to death! :lol:

I think Grindhouse is one of my fav all time tunes ! I've only heard it out clubbing about 5 times but I know what you mean..I play it over and over while driving then I have to have a rest for a couple of days lol

I think Grindhouse is one of my fav all time tunes ! I've only heard it out clubbing about 5 times but I know what you mean..I play it over and over while driving then I have to have a rest for a couple of days lol

In Glasgow it get's played all over the shop - sometimes twice in one night lol

I did hear it twice once I think someone played the original warming up for Nic Fanciulli then he playd the Dubfire mix but it was early on in 08 so it was more like wow whats this than oh yay grindhouse again lol

Back