You'd think I'd know the drill by now...

Robder

Thinking of booking a long weekend in August...

Flight - £150 (fine)
Accommodation - £579 or thereabouts in Bossa Mar (not fine)

Most hotels are 7 night stay minimum and apartments are more expensive than I imagined.

Hmmm may have to bin this idea like every other Brit now the prices are sky high and the pound has plummeted. :rolleyes:

Oh b*llocks. :x

Don't want to go to Berlin again because I want a beach to lie on!

Anyone else echoing this sentiment or am I just a tight ar$e? :lol:

...or am I missing a fantastic offer somewhere?

Forgot about that one - thanks!

It's still pretty expensive though - and not sure I can go on the dates I want to. Grrr.

Ah well - it's given me something to work on, cheers! 8)

I've stayed at the fiesta hotels 3 times. It's the big complex right across from space. There is the club, the hotel and then some 4 star one, but i have always stayed at the hotel.

They are not bad... only thing is if you stay in the club, they have 'activities' planned like German karaoke

http://www.ibiza-spotlight.com/fiesta/hotelplaya/

I remember last year I left booking until the last minute and according to spotlight the rooms were full, but if i went directly to the hotel website they were available and cheaper. Ibiza-hotels has them as well.

They do have the meal option included, but I rarely used it.

The prices have gone aup a bit, but i beleive they were about 60-70 euro per person. Last year when I went, they had a deal going on.. i was on my own and got a big room, air con, meals included (not that i really used them) for 45 euro

Is the 'turn up and find somewhere' option not a goer?

I've done this for the last 5 or so years and always found somewhere decent (though with varying prices). Granted the hour our so trapsing round PdB isn't pretty though I'm sure it'd be worth it?

Even more so with the assumed lower occupations that you'd expect this season?

if your only going for the weekend just kip on the beach during the day!

the money you save on apartments you can spend on an outfit each day so you are presentable! ;)

579 for a long weekend sounds extortionate...........

for 579 you can get a 2 week package holiday with your grub thrown in.

did you press the wrong button roberto??

7 night minimum stay... :cry:

Shame - I was really sold on the German karaoke! :lol:

hmnnn.. I just tried on the fiesta hotel site, and tried to book in for 3 nights.. seemed to work!

yeah, with that German karaoke, you could get a bit of Berlin in on your trip as well! ;)

hmnnn.. I just tried on the fiesta hotel site, and tried to book in for 3 nights.. seemed to work!

yeah, with that German karaoke, you could get a bit of Berlin in on your trip as well! ;)

I've stayed there a few times, quite basic, but ok. Last september we stayed at the larger nicer one further down (cant remember the name, seriousl hungover), it was a decent 4 star, and great value. Plus it was all inclusive, we didnt eat much like :rolleyes:, but drank loads :lol:

Is it that bad then?

I just found September to be really quiet last time I went in 2008.

(DC10 ROCKED like never before though)

I want packed streets and busy beaches really.

(am I making a huge mistake?)

Is it that bad then?

(am I making a huge mistake?)

no and no. if you go at the end of august (say after august 20th) it's already better again. just avoid the two/three first weeks of august. and i really think that this year, with the current economic situation, it won't be too bad.

Contact the hotels directly and ask them for the shorter stay, they'll probably say yes.

Back