You can't buy class...

Jam Man

But then he didn't really try to...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/news/article.html?in_article_id=499107&in_page_id=2

'Lotto lout' Michael Carroll back on the dole

carroll2_203x150.jpg

The 26-year-old former dustbin man yesterday revealed he has squandered his multi-million fortune on drugs, gambling and thousands of prostitutes.
But he insisted he is just as happy getting £42 a week in jobseeker's allowance.
He said: 'The party has ended and it's back to reality. I haven't got two pennies to rub together and that's the way I like it. I find it easier to live off £42 dole than a million.
'It's a bit strange going on the dole again because that's what I was doing before I won.
'I've lived the high life but I want my job back and to earn a normal wage. I'll do anything to earn a pound or two now.'
Carroll's jackpot win in 2002 disappeared with astonishing speed as the tattooed self-styled 'King of the Chavs' lavished several million pounds on family and friends and hundreds of thousands on drugs.
By the end of 2003, he was smoking £2,000 of crack cocaine every day and hosting drug and drink fuelled parties at his £325,000 home, the notorious Grange in Downham, Norfolk.
Angry at his life of excess, his wife Sandra left him and took their baby daughter Brooke with her.
Rather than see the decision as a wake-up call, Carroll continued on his life of excess, turning to prostitutes.
He boasted about sleeping with four a day - a total of 2,000 at a cost of £100,000 over eight years - in order to sate his sexual appetite.
Carroll told the News of the World: 'I could go for days without sleeping because of the drugs - so I would just spend night and day s****ing with all these hookers.'
Describing how he descended into a world of drugs and paying for sex, he continued: 'I only started to think about three things - drugs, sex and gold.
'The dealer who introduced me to crack has more of my lotto money than I do.
'He handed me my first bag of the stuff for free then he hiked up the price every time he came back. He knew what he was doing - but it blew my mind.'
carroll_203x150.jpg

He also spent a small fortune on his trademark chunky gold jewellery and a fleet of cars, including a black Mercedes van emblazoned with the phrase 'King of Chavs'.
Carroll said: I would buy these huge necklaces. One cost me around £2,000. All of it was robbed in 2004. There was about £100,000 worth of gold stolen. But the next day I went out and bought it all again.'
Repairs to properties he has wrecked with raucous parties have also cost him thousands and he reportedly lost an estimated £80,000 on a property deal in Dubai after the market fell.
Carroll also lost £1m on the dogs and horses and even injected £1m into his favourite football team, Rangers.
Carroll was down to his last £500,000 cash in 2008 and last year sold his £400,000 fleet of luxury cars and spent the proceeds.
He said he had no regrets about his lost fortune, but admitted that others had benefited from the win more than he had.
'I'm just glad it's over. There were also vultures everywhere after my cash. I started to see what people were really like.'
Carroll became notorious for his yobbish behaviour and answering any criticism with a one-fingered salute.
He arrived to collect his winnings wearing an electronic offender's tag, fitted after he was found drunk and disorderly and has appeared before the courts dozens of times for anti- social behaviour.
In 2004, Carroll was jailed for five months after failing to comply with a drug treatment order, imposed as part of a sentence for cocaine possession.
He was also handed an Asbo by magistrates in King's Lynn, Norfolk, for catapulting ball bearings at cars and windows from his Mercedes, causing thousands of pounds of damage.
Under its terms, he was not allowed to threaten, harass or intimidate anyone in the borough of West Norfolk, an area covering about 400 square miles.
The order also prevented him from threatening or attempting to cause criminal damage in the same area.
In 2008, thugs killed 12 of his dogs and ran him out of his lavish Downham, Norfolk, home and he has never returned.
Instead it stands vandalised and derelict with his pool filled with rubbish. Carroll now lives in his other smaller home.

When asked for a final comment, he said

"For fcuks sake hasn't Chewie updated his sig yet??! What's he scared of? I lost more than £20, it's peanuts!!"​

When I saw the title to this thread I thought this must be the story:

(Oh and this is the comment that gets me: "They are a totally different type of people. They have a different outlook on life." ... by the way, I did my disseration over 3 months more or less all of which on a standard carraige of a train - i got 1st class honours. twa...)

Sir Nicholas and his wife Ann claimed £132,210 between 2004 and 2008

Sir Nicholas Winterton, who was rebuked for misusing his expenses last year, said the reforms would "make things much worse".
In an interview with Total Politics magazine, Sir Nicholas said: "They want to stop Members of Parliament travelling first class.
"That puts us below local councillors and officers of local government. They all travel first class. Majors in the army travel first class.
"So we are supposed to stand when there are no seats... I'm sorry, it infuriates me."
Later, he told the BBC: "If I was in standard class I would not do work because people would be looking over your shoulder the entire time, there would be noise, there would be distraction."
He added: "They are a totally different type of people.
"They have a different outlook on life."
Sir Nicholas, who has been in the Commons for 39 years, said he was now "looking forward" to standing down as an MP at the coming election.

Sir Nicholas criticised the money spent on Sir Thomas Legg's review: "The man is raking it in.
"Do you know how much he has earned for chairing the review? He has earned so far £142,000.
"And the actual cost of the review is currently over £1.1m. These are megabucks."
The Macclesfield MP repaid £850 after the Legg Inquiry found he had been overpaid for council tax bills on his second home.
Last year the Parliamentary Standards Commissioner found that Sir Nicholas and his wife, Ann, had misused their expenses to pay £165,000 of rent on a £700,000 London home that they had already bought.
A spokesman for the Conservative Party said the comments were "out of touch".
"David Cameron has made clear his support of the reforms of Parliament and MPs' expenses.
"These comments are the out of touch views of a soon to retire backbench MP.
"They do not in any way represent the views of David Cameron or those of the Conservative Party."

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks freakstar for jumping in with the unrelated news story :lol:

in case anyone is in doubt, my last comment was in reference to the carroll story

thanks freakstar for jumping in with the unrelated news story :lol:

in case anyone is in doubt, my last comment was in reference to the carroll story

Not totally unrelated! But sorry (just needed to get that off my chest!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back