Y? isnt SCratChin reconized in ibiza

P

prosnowb

Ive really gotten into scratchin latly and i wonder y u guys dont like it or sumthing??? when i waz in ibiza i didnt hear any hiphop ect... , i know the scene ther is like that but maybe we should open up alittle bit??
Im really gettin sick and tired of RAP ect. in Vancouver.. :(
wut u think about the hole scratchin can u ???

I've been playing for years but can't scratch for peanuts, but I don't play hip hop, breaks or similar, just house and techno. But I do appreciate djs who can scratch well as it's most definately a bonus if you can pull it off, although too much is overkill IMO.

Last year I saw Grandmaster Flash and I have never, ever, seen a dj do what he can do with two turntables, totally awesome and blew my socks off. I can remember at one point he had the same record of each deck and was scratching the left deck, then the right and vice versa and got quicker and quicker until all you hear was a long scratch then let both records go together at the same time and they were both at the same point in the record and in time. :eek: I'd pay to see him anytime, a funkin legend if there ever was one. ;)

yeah, i seen GMF last year too - he was incredible

was @ tribal gatherings and he played on the sunday afternoon, hadn't had a drink (or nothin!) and he had me bouncin around like a looney - doing all the hey, ho, hey, ho

quality :D

If you've ever heard Jacko Roveda (Can Can Club, es Paradis) scratch you would never want to hear any ever again! The guys scratching and mixing abilities are awful!

I prefer my music a little easier on the ears :confused:

Not dissin your scratchin' though

I don't think you'll find many people on here into scratchin' :rolleyes:

prog_babe said:
was @ tribal gatherings and he played on the sunday afternoon, hadn't had a drink (or nothin!)

Well you must of been on something as he played Saturday afternoon. :lol:

I don't think you can go wrong with a bit of scratchin' hear and there, I love my house music and it defo has it's time and place. I agree too much can be overkill but sometimes it just makes or breaks a tune....

I remember seeing GMF at the opening ceremony of the commonwealth games here in Manchester....thousand of people getting soaked in the rain and the Flash Man shouting out...."Wave your hands in the air, Wave 'em round like you just don't care!".......the crowd was bemused to say the least....

gecko2 said:
prog_babe said:
was @ tribal gatherings and he played on the sunday afternoon, hadn't had a drink (or nothin!)

Well you must of been on something as he played Saturday afternoon. :lol:

oh yeah, so he did!!!!!! but i wasn't on anything - honest!!!

dont get me wrong i used to live in ibiza :eek: , but the ability to change a record in to a totally different tone, playin that break over and over :eek: and makin your own beat.. i wish that i could bring that to ibiza and make ppl stoked :twisted: over that.., lol watch out now.. ;)

the reason most people don't like it is cause they can't do it themselves,scrathing works well in any style if done properly and at the right times

Got a mate who can scratch wicked with funky house using acapellas and he's superb......took him years to learn and it does work big time if the guy doing it is doing it "funkin' well' 8) 8) 8)

I only ever scratch when i'm using accappellas. I don't do it often though, it all depend on if i can find the right tune with the right accapella. If you do it with the wrong tune it can sound dire.

Back