XL Gone Bust

You gotta feel sorry for those affected though, imagine you had a holiday booked and the tour operator went bust, you'd be absolutely gutted...recession in full effect:eek:

You gotta feel sorry for those affected though, imagine you had a holiday booked and the tour operator went bust, you'd be absolutely gutted...recession in full effect:eek:

dunno whats worse

being stranded on holiday, possibly affecting your job + having to shell out loads to get home

or

having something booked and losing the lot + your holiday

dunno whats worse

being stranded on holiday, possibly affecting your job + having to shell out loads to get home

or

having something booked and losing the lot + your holiday
I can tell you how the latter feels :cry::cry::cry::cry:, I have lost my flights to Lanzarote next month. To be honest I think the worst is for those who were flying today and had their suitcases packed and were either at or on their way to the airport and then had to go home. I'll be able to claim the cost back for my flights either through ATOL (as the company I booked through is ATOL protected) or through my credit card but now there is a gorgeous villa in Lanzarote with my name on it but the only flights I can find to get there are close to £400 per person, my original flights were only £150. Mind you, the same thing happended to me a few years back when I was going to New York, I lost the flights and hotel package when the company went bust, I re-booked and still went and then claimed back through ATOL and my credit card just to be safe and ended up getting my money back through both so every cloud....:)

I can tell you how the latter feels :cry::cry::cry::cry:, I have lost my flights to Lanzarote next month. To be honest I think the worst is for those who were flying today and had their suitcases packed and were either at or on their way to the airport and then had to go home. I'll be able to claim the cost back for my flights either through ATOL (as the company I booked through is ATOL protected) or through my credit card but now there is a gorgeous villa in Lanzarote with my name on it but the only flights I can find to get there are close to £400 per person, my original flights were only £150. Mind you, the same thing happended to me a few years back when I was going to New York, I lost the flights and hotel package when the company went bust, I re-booked and still went and then claimed back through ATOL and my credit card just to be safe and ended up getting my money back through both so every cloud....:)

how unlucky are you - still at least you got something back....:?:?

Remind me to check when you are travelling in future - just in case I have a trip planned...!!!

:lol:

Yer it's quite unlucky to happen twice but both times have been two or three weeks before I have been due to leave so it has at least given me some time to sort alternative arrangements, although like I say it's proving difficult with Lanzarote, it is starting to make me think twice about budget/cheap airlines/deals though as they just can't cope with the increase in fuel prices, at least I've never had my luggage lost, flight delayed for more than a hour or so or been in a plane crash!!!...I always look on the bright side :lol:

My friend is in Cyprus for her sisters wedding, meant to be flying home Sunday, she is a bit worried she may be stranded there :lol:

I remember going Falariki in 2001.......our airline (cant remember the name) went bust but it happened that morning we didnt have a clue what was going on.

We were meant to take off at 6am ended up taking off on another airline at 9pm :spank:

Were stuck in the airport for most of the day, got a £5 voucher for Macdonalds then got taken to a nearby hotel which was ok but I just remember the Reception area being full of people asleep :confused:

Was a start to a bad holiday......:spank::cry:

I work for Jet2.com, and they are trying to put as many flights on as possible to get people both home and on holiday were possible. Don't believe the media hype. Jet2 is not affected at all.

It's a good year for airlines which know what they are doing, our Jet2holidays.com new site is going live this week with new destinations, a brand new look and will be one of the most customisable travel sites online.

You choose where you want to go, when and how, 4 days, 28 days whatever. And if you fancy going quadbiking or bungee jumping with your granny we can take you too ;-)

I work for Jet2.com, and they are trying to put as many flights on as possible to get people both home and on holiday were possible. Don't believe the media hype. Jet2 is not affected at all.

It's a good year for airlines which know what they are doing, our Jet2holidays.com new site is going live this week with new destinations, a brand new look and will be one of the most customisable travel sites online.

You choose where you want to go, when and how, 4 days, 28 days whatever. And if you fancy going quadbiking or bungee jumping with your granny we can take you too ;-)

funk me. turning it into an opportunity to sell your company.

are you aware of the oil price futures contract position of jet2?

Back