www.petetong.com Hacked

MR.B

It would appear even "The Lord of Dance" as Vernon Kaye likes to call him is not immune from hackers and on 5/4/10 www.petetong.com was showing a cartoon penguin from "crazey hacker 16" the site appears to be in Turkish.

I strongly suspect I am not the only one who had a quiet chuckle upon reading this news

I strongly suspect I am not the only one who had a quiet chuckle upon reading this news

i know exactly what you mean. i couldn't stop laughing when some sad saudi hacked our spotlight blog and hours and hours of my work and photos disappeared into the ether. it was frikkin' hilarious.

i know exactly what you mean. i couldn't stop laughing when some sad saudi hacked our spotlight blog and hours and hours of my work and photos disappeared into the ether. it was frikkin' hilarious.

it was an injoke.

I can assure you, I would never condone hacking for a second.

Clearly someone has a vendetta against the oppressive Pete and his anti-ecologically friendly lifestyle. Each week while listening to Pete I think to myself, "I bet he doesn't recycle"

Clearly someone has a vendetta against the oppressive Pete and his anti-ecologically friendly lifestyle. Each week while listening to Pete I think to myself, "I bet he doesn't recycle"

I think it's less about his frequent flying and more about his ability to clear a dance floor.*

* Although that said, I've not listened to one of his shows or seen him DJ since 2003 (with very good reason).

I think it's less about his frequent flying and more about his ability to clear a dance floor.*

* Although that said, I've not listened to one of his shows or seen him DJ since 2003 (with very good reason).

:lol: (spot on)

2004 in my case

a real shame because in the early 90s he introduced me to so much amazing music but then he stuck around a like a bad smell for far too long - a 50 year old treading water at any national radio station can surely only still be there because they are well connected within the industry. He cannot beatmatch, is hopelessly out of touch with the underground and his own productions (WTF?!) are laughable. Put the man out to pasture and give the slot to Ben Watt, I say.

He cannot beatmatch, is hopelessly out of touch with the underground and his own productions (WTF?!) are laughable. Put the man out to pasture and give the slot to Ben Watt, I say.
His beatmatching has improved markedly.... now that he's a laptop jockey :lol:

I've seen Pete a few times in the past few years. He's certainly hit or miss but last time I saw him (late 2008, club Gaudi, Moscow) he was actually pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking, and it could have just been the party and my level of inebriation, but I had a good night.

:lol: (spot on)

2004 in my case

a real shame because in the early 90s he introduced me to so much amazing music but then he stuck around a like a bad smell for far too long - a 50 year old treading water at any national radio station can surely only still be there because they are well connected within the industry. He cannot beatmatch, is hopelessly out of touch with the underground and his own productions (WTF?!) are laughable. Put the man out to pasture and give the slot to Ben Watt, I say.

Yup.

Or not. :?:

Prime time national radio (i.e. anything before 2am) needs to be geared towards the David Guetta demographic to be worthwhile. Podcasts and internet radio have compounded this.

Secretly remember getting really excited about the live on radio 1 segments at Tribal Gathering. :oops: :lol:

It was all very CD:UK wasn't it?

for sure I can understand R1 desperately trying to keep the yoof on board but in truth internet radio has made the whole essential selection experience an anachronism in any case. Pete Tong used to be an important player, but I don't see his relevance to the music industry anymore.

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the BBC give up on Radio 1 altogether as budgets are squeezed and big names relocated elsewhere

His beatmatching has improved markedly.... now that he's a laptop jockey :lol:

I've seen Pete a few times in the past few years. He's certainly hit or miss but last time I saw him (late 2008, club Gaudi, Moscow) he was actually pretty good. Nothing groundbreaking, and it could have just been the party and my level of inebriation, but I had a good night.

he actually also seems to have a style of music now

before his sets were just what was flavour of that particular month

he actually also seems to have a style of music now

before his sets were just what was flavour of that particular month

interesting you should say that, cos i was about to say the same, just the other way around.

the reason he plays what he does now is because that is the popular sound.

the same way he played speed garage 96 era, then went trancey/proggy end of the century, then tribal, then electro, etc, etc

Back